Public Schools are Sin!

Gerald

Resident Fiend
kmoney said:
:think: you say Coulter is a liberal because she's a lawyer and in another thread you say being liberal is a sin. Does that mean you don't think a Christian can be a lawyer?
I think what CRASH is doing, in his usual ham-fisted fashion, is defining "liberal" as "whatever CRASH disagrees with".

kmoney

Hall of Fame
CRASH said:
And they were pro abortion and several of thier leaders were homos and they had no problem with evolution/eugenics and they rejected Chrtistianity. If it walks like a liberal....
Different definitions of what "liberal" and "conservative" mean.....

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Gerald said:
I think what CRASH is doing, in his usual ham-fisted fashion, is defining "liberal" as "whatever CRASH disagrees with".
man, what a jerk, huh?

:chuckle:

CRASH

TOL Subscriber
kmoney said:
:think: you say Coulter is a liberal because she's a lawyer and in another thread you say being liberal is a sin. Does that mean you don't think a Christian can be a lawyer?

K-Man This thread is about evil public schools - for your answer you'll need to go the the Lawyers are evil thread!

koban

CRASH said:
Some who disagree are not Christians and some are, but all who send thier children away to be raised by the government schools are sinning.

I'm pretty sure that real Christians can't sin. So if real Christians can't sin and they send their children to public school, they aren't sinning.

If they're not real Christians, who cares where they send their children?

Do you care where Muslims send their children?

Brother Vinny

While I wouldn't call the enrollment of a child in public school necessarily advisable (especially depending on what area the school's in--some public schools are worse than others), I wouldn't go so far as to call it sin. Sure, God wants what is best for us and our children, and more often than not, home schooling is just that. But, what if: the family's in the lower-middle class; Dad's away at work most of the day. Mom would teach but she just doesn't have confidence in her ability to do so. On top of this, she's recently been diagnosed with bipolar disorder, and it's often a fight for her just to stay sane. Complicating this even further, the oldest child has a speech impediment that requires therapy, and dad's wages are just enough to provide the essentials, make payments to student loans, and maybe enjoy the very occasional luxury.

The budget cuts here and there, even were they to be made, would not even come close to paying for the oldest's speech lessons. But just across the street, the public school is offering free speech lessons once or twice a week to needful students. Is it a sin to want to see your child have a chance at normalcy under these circumstances?

CRASH

TOL Subscriber
koban said:
I'm pretty sure that real Christians can't sin. So if real Christians can't sin and they send their children to public school, they aren't sinning.

If they're not real Christians, who cares where they send their children?

Do you care where Muslims send their children?

Real Christians CAN sin. They do it all the time. Is that OK? No. But human nature such as it is....
Yes, I hope they don't send their chidren to the local public school to be destroyed either.

koban

CRASH said:
Real Christians CAN sin. They do it all the time. Is that OK? No. But human nature such as it is....
Yes, I hope they don't send their chidren to the local public school to be destroyed either.

You better take it up with SOTK, Lighthouse, Aimiel, Elohiym and others here who can explain it to you better than I can, but you're wrong.

Dead wrong.