Proof that Paul didn't preach a different gospel than Peter

daqq

Many will arrive at the pearly gates expecting to be greeted by Paul but instead, to their horror, they will find Peter and end up with Kephas. Others will arrive at the pearly gates expecting to be greeted by Peter but instead, to their horror, they will find Paul and still end up with Kephas. Some however know the difference between Kephas and Petros-Paulos, and they will gain entry, (I speak as a fool). :crackup:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I agree. In Gal.2 Paul talks about how he went to the apostles and told them the gospel he was preaching to be sure he hadn't "run in vain" They agreed he had been entrusted with the gospel.
Gal. 2:2 It was because of a revelation that I went up; and I submitted to them the gospel which I preach among the Gentiles, but I did so in private to those who were of reputation, for fear that I might be running, or had run, in vain.........7 But on the contrary, seeing that I had been entrusted with the gospel to the uncircumcised, just as Peter had been to the circumcised

It's the same gospel only the audience is different. Right up to Paul's arrest and after he never stopped preaching to the Jews. Surely he didn't have one gospel for Jews and one for Gentiles.

Acts 17:1 Now when they had traveled through Amphipolis and Apollonia, they came to Thessalonica, where there was a synagogue of the Jews. 2 And according to Paul's custom, he went to them, and for three Sabbaths reasoned with them from the Scriptures

Yes.

LA

Right Divider

Body part
I just want to note that my study Bible say Paul preached a good 6 years BEFORE Peter in Galatia.

I'm with you on this one. I don't think that Paul thought that he preached the Gospel exclusively.

The commentary in my Bible also says Peter wasn't speaking of the exiled tribes of Israel in 1 Peter chapter 1. Check out verses 1 and 17 of the chapter.
There you have it people; the commentary can't possibly be wrong.

You need to study the Bible and not your commentary.

The book of 1 Peter is saturated with Israel-isms.

The "royal priesthood" is a reference to believing Israel from Exodus; as is the "holy nation"; as is the "peculiar people" ("ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people").

Peter told his readers to have their "conversation honest among the gentiles".

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Oh no, Aikido! You cannot try to go that far. How would you explain that, after the resurrection, Jesus appeared to his disciples for 40 days, eating and drinking just as before he was crucified? (Acts 1:3)
And for heavens' sake, how can you be called a Christian and deny Jesus' bodily resurrection? Hey! As far as I am concerned, I am with you all the way as I prefer to go after the Tanach and not the NT. And I do like metaphorical language but you are being too metaphorical for a Christian, don't you think so? You are referring all the feelings of Jesus' disciples about the resurrection as purely imaginations. And then you say, "That's undeniable." Aren't you afraid of your own colleagues?

What is the meaning of the resurrection for you? If we are just going to say it means a physical body walked around after death then our discussion is over. But we are talking about religious, mythic language here. This is the only language available to us for describing the sacred and the holy. It is beyond the rational and the logical.

This is why Jesus taught “all” in parables.

Paul did not hold to a bodily resurrection. His unique interpretation has been characterized as a “glorified body,” not a physical body. Many other early Christian groups did not believe in a bodily resurrection either.

The problem today is that we have literalized the resurrection. We have narrowed it and constricted it. We have turned it into a creedal belief and this has forfeited is great claim and hope.

There are fundamental differences between ourselves and the people of ancient history. We need to take this seriously. Most of us are not yet able to do this with any integrity.

Creation does not, nor has it ever, operated this way. People do not come to life after being tortured and killed after three days. Women do not have intercourse with God and give birth. People do not walk on water and snakes do not talk.

There is a divine consistency in the world. God’s Presence can only be seen within fixed and eternal physical laws.

Again, the resurrection of Jesus should teach us that death did not win. Rome did not win. Humanity did.

And once again, it is undeniable that Christians, then and now felt/feel Jesus’s Presence and Power after his death.

Undeniable.

He has truly risen!

Last edited:

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

The "royal priesthood" is a reference to believing Israel from Exodus; as is the "holy nation"; as is the "peculiar people" ("ye shall be a peculiar treasure unto me above all people").

1Pe 2:3 If so be ye have tasted that the Lord is gracious.
1Pe 2:4 To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,
1Pe 2:5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
1Pe 2:6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.
1Pe 2:7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,
1Pe 2:8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.
1Pe 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
1Pe 2:10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

LA

Right Divider

Body part
1Pe 2:4 To whom coming, as unto a living stone, disallowed indeed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,
1Pe 2:5 Ye also, as lively stones, are built up a spiritual house, an holy priesthood, to offer up spiritual sacrifices, acceptable to God by Jesus Christ.
1Pe 2:6 Wherefore also it is contained in the scripture, Behold, I lay in Sion a chief corner stone, elect, precious: and he that believeth on him shall not be confounded.
1Pe 2:7 Unto you therefore which believe he is precious: but unto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,
1Pe 2:8 And a stone of stumbling, and a rock of offence, even to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also they were appointed.
1Pe 2:9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
1Pe 2:10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy.

LA
You know WHY it is NOW (actually then)?

Because the LITTLE FLOCK believed. Those in the leadership of Israel did NOT believe. That is why they opposed Christ and made sure that He was crucified.

You ignore the ENTIRE book and focus on ONE verse that you like. Typical "understanding".

You ignore the "royal priesthood", you ignore the "holy nation", you ignore the "peculiar people"..... this makes you ignorant.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Because the LITTLE FLOCK believed. Those in the leadership of Israel did NOT believe. That is why they opposed Christ and made sure that He was crucified.

You ignore the ENTIRE book and focus on ONE verse that you like. Typical "understanding".

You ignore the "royal priesthood", you ignore the "holy nation", you ignore the "peculiar people"..... this makes you ignorant.

Not as ignorant as you, little fella.

LA

Right Divider

Body part
Not as ignorant as you, little fella.

LA
You are actually far more ignorant than I had realized.

Once AGAIN, those are ALL references to believing Israel. Keep reading about couple more verses beyond your "favorite" one.
1Pe 2:10-12 KJV Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy. (11) Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul; (12) Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation.

Peter told THEM to have THEIR conversation honest among THE GENTILES. But you are too dumb to understand it.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
You are actually far more ignorant than I had realized.

Once AGAIN, those are ALL references to believing Israel. Keep reading about couple more verses beyond your "favorite" one.
1Pe 2:10-12 KJV Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy. (11) Dearly beloved, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrims, abstain from fleshly lusts, which war against the soul; (12) Having your conversation honest among the Gentiles: that, whereas they speak against you as evildoers, they may by your good works, which they shall behold, glorify God in the day of visitation.

Peter told THEM to have THEIR conversation honest among THE GENTILES. But you are too dumb to understand it.

Not as dumb or ignorant as you and your teachers, little fella.

The Christians are asked to have their conversation (way of life) honest, among the non-Christians, the nations who do not know God.

The Christians are the Holy Nation, the true believers, filled with the Holy Spirit of God, which you have never known the blessing of being a member of.

Christians are the believing Israel of God.

Gal 6:15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.
Gal 6:16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.

LA

1Mind1Spirit

Literal lunatic
Many will arrive at the pearly gates expecting to be greeted by Paul but instead, to their horror, they will find Peter and end up with Kephas. Others will arrive at the pearly gates expecting to be greeted by Peter but instead, to their horror, they will find Paul and still end up with Kephas. Some however know the difference between Kephas and Petros-Paulos, and they will gain entry, (I speak as a fool). :crackup:

Right on bro.

Doin' my best not to blow up, right now.

Good thing God set it up to have mercy on whom he will.

Good lesson in long suffering hunh?:)

God's Truth

Oh no, Aikido! You cannot try to go that far. How would you explain that, after the resurrection, Jesus appeared to his disciples for 40 days, eating and drinking just as before he was crucified? (Acts 1:3)
And for heavens' sake, how can you be called a Christian and deny Jesus' bodily resurrection? Hey! As far as I am concerned, I am with you all the way as I prefer to go after the Tanach and not the NT. And I do like metaphorical language but you are being too metaphorical for a Christian, don't you think so? You are referring all the feelings of Jesus' disciples about the resurrection as purely imaginations. And then you say, "That's undeniable." Aren't you afraid of your own colleagues?

Scriptures from the Old Testament about the resurrection

Daniel 12:2 Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt.

Isaiah 26:19
But your dead will live, LORD; their bodies will rise-- let those who dwell in the dust wake up and shout for joy-- your dew is like the dew of the morning; the earth will give birth to her dead.

Isaiah 25:8
he will swallow up death forever. The Sovereign LORD will wipe away the tears from all faces; he will remove his people's disgrace from all the earth. The LORD has spoken.

Job 19:26 And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God;

daqq

Right on bro.

Doin' my best not to blow up, right now.

Good thing God set it up to have mercy on whom he will.

Good lesson in long suffering hunh?:)

Yes, indeed, especially seeing that Peter received three commissions:

1) "Pasture my arnia-lambkins", (John 21:15).
2) "Shepherd my probata-sheep", (John 21:16).
3) "Pasture my probata-sheep", (John 21:17).

So when Simon, Simon, Peter was ultimately sifted like wheat, (with much longsuffering and the patient endurance of the saints) the chains of Herod fell from his hands; and he began to fully understand his three commissions, and no doubt he looked into the mirror at the mountain staring back at him, and said, Get thee behind me, Kephas, and be thou cast into the sea! And it came to pass that a son, ("the little") was born into the kingdom. :crackup:

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
Not as dumb or ignorant as you and your teachers, little fella.

The Christians are asked to have their conversation (way of life) honest, among the non-Christians, the nations who do not know God.
Contrived opinion on your part.

The Christians are the Holy Nation, the true believers, filled with the Holy Spirit of God, which you have never known the blessing of being a member of.
More complete nonsense base solely on your opinion and NOT scripture.

Christians are the believing Israel of God.
No, they are not. More contrived nonsense.

Gal 6:15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.
Gal 6:16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.
This is something that Paul teaches and you do NOT understand it.

The "Israel of God" are believers within the nation of Israel (also called the 'little flock' by Jesus Christ), this is why Paul uses TWO groups here: "peace be on THEM ... AND upon the Israel of God".

But that's probably to hard for you to understand.

Get some actual spiritual understanding.

God's Truth

The "Israel of God" are believers within the nation of Israel (also called the 'little flock' by Jesus Christ), this is why Paul uses TWO groups here: "peace be on THEM ... AND upon the Israel of God".

Jesus made one at of the two.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Yet, another good post my friend.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Another Other has spoken.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

Good to see that your list is up to date and accurate.

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame

What I like about LA is, she doesn't mind being ignorant.

God's Truth

Yes, in the dispensation of the grace of God, they are.

But God did NOT change the calling of the little flock.

But this is WAY over your head.

There is NOTHING other than being saved by Jesus, and there was and is no other way.

You are speaking of something that is nonexistent.