Proof that Paul didn't preach a different gospel than Peter

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Malachi 3:4 Then shall the offering of Judah and Jerusalem be pleasant unto the LORD, as in the days of old, and as in former years.

It's amazing how you Dispies pick OT verses and apply them to the future.

Read the entire book of Malachi and maybe you will learn the context.

Malachi was written post exile. The Jews had rebuilt the temple, but once again turned from God.

Malachi tells us that Judah married the daughter of a strange god:

(Malachi 2:11 KJV) Judah hath dealt treacherously, and an abomination is committed in Israel and in Jerusalem; for Judah hath profaned the holiness of the Lord which he loved, and hath married the daughter of a strange god.

In chp 3, Malachi tells us that God will send His messenger (John the Baptist) to prepare the way for the Lord (Christ Jesus)

To claim that verse 4 in chp 3 is of the yet future is just foolishness.

No matter how hard you try, there will never be animal sacrifices for sin atonement in the future.

Christ Jesus made the one time sacrifice for all sin forever.

Quite trying to defend Darby, and believe what the Bible actually says.

john w

Hall of Fame
]Quite trying to defend Darby, and believe what the Bible actually says.

Shut up, satanic punk, with your "Darby" spam. Even "non dispies" are tired of your satanic spam, on every third post-as is your abandoned family. "t is amazing" how this satanic Preterism has ruined your "life."

Do you understand my order to you, Craigie, to shut up?

"believe what the Bible actually says. "-wimp

Wow! We had not thought of that!!!The wimp thinks that does it, for his "argument"-another one of his Craigie spams.

You're even "stupider" than I thought, Forest.

Danoh

It's amazing how you Dispies pick OT verses and apply them to the future.

Read the entire book of Malachi and maybe you will learn the context.

Malachi was written post exile. The Jews had rebuilt the temple, but once again turned from God.

Malachi tells us that Judah married the daughter of a strange god:

(Malachi 2:11 KJV) Judah hath dealt treacherously, and an abomination is committed in Israel and in Jerusalem; for Judah hath profaned the holiness of the Lord which he loved, and hath married the daughter of a strange god.

In chp 3, Malachi tells us that God will send His messenger (John the Baptist) to prepare the way for the Lord (Christ Jesus)

To claim that verse 4 in chp 3 is of the yet future is just foolishness.

No matter how hard you try, there will never be animal sacrifices for sin atonement in the future.

Christ Jesus made the one time sacrifice for all sin forever.

Quite trying to defend Darby, and believe what the Bible actually says.

This has nothing to do with how hard we are trying. Rather, with how your system does not allow you to see that verse 4 was never fulfilled:

Malachi 4:

4. Remember ye the law of Moses my servant, which I commanded unto him in Horeb for all Israel, with the statutes and judgments.
5. Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:
6. And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.

Israel failed to meet that.

Matthew 11:

14. And if ye will receive it, this is Elias, which was for to come.

Luke 19:

41. And when he was come near, he beheld the city, and wept over it,
42. Saying, If thou hadst known, even thou, at least in this thy day, the things which belong unto thy peace! but now they are hid from thine eyes.
43. For the days shall come upon thee, that thine enemies shall cast a trench about thee, and compass thee round, and keep thee in on every side,
44. And shall lay thee even with the ground, and thy children within thee; and they shall not leave in thee one stone upon another; because thou knewest not the time of thy visitation.

You assert you know what we believe as to whether or not millennial sacrifices.

What do we base that which we assert on? What setting?

"Studied Dispensationalism for 25 years," and yet, you do not know that without setting all you are doing is misrepresenting another's view.

That's called lying, and slander.

By the way, why is it you are so hostile as to Dispensationalism, to begin with?

I mean, you border on a neurosis of some kind.

Okay, so you do not agree. But why the need to so malign the view, and those who hold to it, in contrast to simply laying out where you differ in your understanding?

You have been consistently neurotic and dishonest in this.

If you look at my posts, the only people I label, get in the face of are basically people like you. Anyone else, I don't go there.

Its called choice.

Your does appear a neurosis of some kind - what's up with that?

Anyway, again - You assert you know what we believe as to whether or not millennial sacrifices.

What do we base that which we assert on? What setting? Why?

I mean, assuming you put away your need to assert your notion that the real issue is the need to hold to a view and no other reason.

I know that is not my reason, as I am still open to changes ever happening within my own understanding

Personally, I think that this notion of yours that the real issue is the need to hold to a view and no other reason, is a bit ignorant on your part. Its not like you actually know anyone here from personal dealings with them. Thus, yours is just ignorance.

I doubt I'll get a straight answer out of you. But I wouldn't mind being wrong.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
verse 4 was never fulfilled:

Yes it was.

Every prophecy in the OT was fulfilled by Christ Jesus.

Dispensationalism teaches future animal sacrifices because they think Ezekiel 40-48 describes a third temple that exists in the future.

What do we base that which we assert on?

The false teachings of John Nelson Darby

"Studied Dispensationalism for 25 years," and yet, you do not know that without setting all you are doing is misrepresenting another's view.

I showed you quotes from TOL Dispensationalists confirming that they believe there will be future animal sacrifices. Just look in this thread and see for yourself.

Here:

-I affirm that there will be sacrifices, in the future, according to prophecy.

That's called lying, and slander.

See Johnny's quote above.

By the way, why is it you are so hostile as to Dispensationalism, to begin with?

Because it's a false teaching

I know exactly what you believe, and I even know all the excuses you guys have (i.e. memorial purposes)

What do we base that which we assert on? What setting? Why?

You already asked this question

I know that is not my reason, as I am still open to changes ever happening within my own understanding

You have to claim there are animal sacrifices in the future because you have to claim Ezekiel 40-48 is future. If you don't, your Dispensationalism falls apart like a house of cards.

aikido7

BANNED
Banned
Anyone:

How do you resolve the clear passage that Paul "opposed Peter to his face"?

This is two different theologies butting head to head.

This absolutely PROVES there were two different gospels in Christianity's past.

Of course by the time the Roman Empire merged with it, the "other gospels" had been effectively marginalized and stamped out by the "winners."

Cruciform

Anyone: How do you resolve the clear passage that Paul "opposed Peter to his face"? This is two different theologies butting head to head.
Not at all. Rather, Paul confronted Peter about his (Peter's) failure to behave according to his (Peter's) own apostolic teachings. Peter's was a lapse in proper behavior, not doctrine.

This absolutely PROVES there were two different gospels in Christianity's past.
Not even close, as is observed above.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Last edited:

Danoh

You call that an answer?

Danoh asked:
What do we base that which we assert on?

Tel responded with:
The false teachings of John Nelson Darby.

That is not answer. An answer would be "on such and such passages of Scripture... but the reason that is off is because..."

Hiding behind anti "on Darby" rants, like you always do, just shows your true agenda is dissimulation out of ignorance.

Its as if you do not really want to address the issue; as if you are merely pretending to want to address it.