Promising. Very, very promising...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexandros

Within 10 hours of registering and making my first 2 posts, I've been called a moron, a troll, was offered to do a one-on-one, and... the ultimate straw... my country was insulted.

I like it! :)

Atheist

Within 10 hours of registering and making my first 2 posts, I've been called a moron, a troll, was offered to do a one-on-one, and... the ultimate straw... my country was insulted.

the amazing, great, endless friendliness of the christian people manages to amaze me once again!

kmoney

Hall of Fame

Just ignore it. You'll get used to it.

BTW....:mock: Canadia.

:D

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame

You shouldn't, unless all you meant to do was stir people into anger and what good does that do you or them? But let's look at why some responded to you in that manner.
You do not have a right to decide what someone else does with their life.
A rationally self defeating posit. Who are you to decide what I don’t have a right to decide? :chuckle: How can you write this sort of thing and expect to be taken seriously?

Then you offered a peculiar objection to Anselm’s ontological argument. The only weak link in that chain, unlike the Canadian church sending that you inexplicably found superior, is the assumption that something real is of greater value than something only imagined. That's arguable, but the integrity of Anselm's argument isn't.

Then you manage to compare the Bible, which you call a made up book as a general sort of insult without much by way of argument, to the inarguably contrived tales of Xena the Warrior Princess.

In short, you seem young, not particularly serious or seriously considered and a bit disrespectful, by way of your manner of address and the lack of apparent thought/study given the subject matter. While I don't go in for name calling, you should have expected a good deal of derision and it appears you received exactly what you hoped for...and if that's all you wanted you're wasting your time here.
Atheist said:
the amazing, great, endless friendliness of the christian people manages to amaze me once again!
The sort of statement you made is exactly the sort of presumptive, self serving, vaguely condescending generalization that promotes a generally negative presumption among the faithful and does nothing to foster genuine discourse, if you have any notion of conducting any. If someone called your mother a whore you might be inclined to put them on their ear, even if you would object to the practice of settling differences in that manner upon cooler reflection.

koban

Congratulations! You're the winner of this week's "I'm an annoying noob who came looking for abuse and found it" award!

Your T-shirt is on its way! :chuckle:

Last edited:

Nathon Detroit

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

...look at me... look at me.... :wave2:

Get over yourself already.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame

Do you understand Knight’s point? If you are really so dissatisfied, you would leave, but here you are craving negative attention and you say you like it. Fine, like it then, you goofball!

Alexandros

Some of you seem to be under the impression that I'm somehow complaining.

I'm just introducing myself.
Though I'm flattered that Town Heretic remembers my posts so well.
I hope in the future that my sarcasm is better picked up on.

always_learning

Townie struck gold here...

Town Heretic said:
In short, you seem young, not particularly serious or seriously considered and a bit disrespectful, by way of your manner of address and the lack of apparent thought/study given the subject matter. While I don't go in for name calling, you should have expected a good deal of derision and it appears you received exactly what you hoped for...and if that's all you wanted you're wasting your time here.

We've got enough of these already... People seem to completely misinterpret the word "discussion".

Speaking of which, is there any on TOL lately? I think we should have a page called "Active (productive) Threads", where we list discussions that accomplish more than long lists of name-calling.

Although that might be a useless page...

What happened to atheists with a little more punch? When I first joined there was Kian (Morality of God), and I had a good discussion recently with mighty_duck and Metro State Atheists on faith and trust (thanks guys!), but all we've got now is polar opposites of OMEGA - they just assert they're right and call you names... All they're good for is a little sad humor now and then. Even radical_whatshisface was better than run of the mill...

Dreamin 'bout the good ol' days...

I'm rarely ever insulted on TOL and when I am, it's usually by people who are insulting to everybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.