Problems with TOL?

ebenz47037

Proverbs 31:10
Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Almost every other link I click on the "Active" page won't come up. Are we having an unusual amount of traffic on the site today?

Crow

I've been getting knocked off too. We get hit by DOS attacks every so often. Or it could just be a busy server, although the board doesn't seem to be that busy.

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
It took me four tries before I could even get to TOL. And, the last time, I got made and instead of hitting "home" on my browser, I typed in www.truthsmack.com

Then, after I signed in, I couldn't even get to the "active" page for 1/2 hour. Kept getting a message about a busy server. But, when I finally got on, I noticed that there were only 72 people on the site.

Crow

Yeah--this site isn't that busy. There might be some sort of a glitch in the works, or some jerk could be playing stupid little games.

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Still having them, but not as much as when I first got on. I've also noticed that, today, TOL's dragging when other sites I've gone to are "normal." I know I'm on dial-up, but I've never had TOL go this slow on me.

ebenz47037

Silver Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Well, I know it's not my computer because other sites (such as Google) are running fine today. So, I'm hoping that it's nothing major with TOL.