Pro-Gays, is incest immoral?

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
A question for people that do not believe homosexuality is immoral, or intrinsically disordered.

Do you believe incest is morally wrong? Why/why not?

Additionally, do you believe bans on incestuous marriage are unconstitutional, and incestuous couples should be allowed to marry? Why/why not?

Remember, homosexuals suffer from a mental disorder and most of them are in denial about it, so you can't really expect an accurate answer.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Ok. Except I do not believe I ever included pedophilia on that slippery slope.

My hypothesis, in this thread, was that no one could defend homosexuality/homosexual marriage without defending incest/incestuous marriage, as well.

It's the most commonly used argument out there. You may not have specifically, but it's included in immediate family, is it not?

And so far, no homosexuality proponent has been able to make an argument against incest/incestuous marriage, per se. Only incestuous reproduction (although no pro-homosexual can honestly base their sexual morality on reproduction), and incestuous pedophilia (with arguments that apply to pedophilia in general).
I'm comfortable with the argument I gave, knowing that no argument is likely going to sway you, because your views on homosexual marriage are scripture-based, but your views on incestuous marriage aren't.

Maybe a more pointed question would help to illustrate this.
Should two brothers be allowed to marry?

I thought we were finished comparing apples and oranges. How about we just do away with state-regulated marriage altogether? It will solve your whole problem.

PureX

A question for people that do not believe homosexuality is immoral, or intrinsically disordered.

Do you believe incest is morally wrong? Why/why not?

Additionally, do you believe bans on incestuous marriage are unconstitutional, and incestuous couples should be allowed to marry? Why/why not?
Morality is based on how we feel/believe individuals should behave relative to their collective (family, community, nation, etc.). And we don't all feel/believe in the same moral behavioral codes regarding this relationship between the individual and their collective.

So I think it's wrong to expect my own moral code of conduct to apply to everyone else. Or perhaps, even to anyone else. Nor do I assume that other human beings would or should conduct themselves according to my moral ideals.

What other people think and do in regard to incest is their own choice, and their own business. Until their behaviors infringe on the autonomy and well-being of others.

Since adult incest, and particularly heterosexual incest, increases the likelihood of mental, emotional, and sexual abuse in families, and the possibility of birth defects, I believe it should be considered taboo and treated accordingly by human society.

And since adult homosexuality poses neither of these threats to the family or to any potential offspring, I see no reason for society to consider it taboo, or to treat it as such.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
....adult incest, and particularly heterosexual incest, increases the likelihood of mental, emotional, and sexual abuse in families....

:thumb:

purexcrement said:
...adult homosexuality poses neither of these threats to the family or to any potential offspring...

:doh:

wot a tard

:mock:purex

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
did the same thing with the crap barbie spewed out :idunno:

You argue using crap for your argument? Well, that explains everything! :chuckle:

in fact, weren't you just quoting me?

To respond to you, yes. :duh: To use you as an argument against someone I've been obsessing over for years? No.

... But I'll give you props for trying to use that, because it adds to the humor... :)

ok doser

anna, if you had any intelligence, you'd understand what i'm telling you and what a fool you're making of yourself

the fact that you don't just makes you a pitiful fool :idunno:

ok doser

why do people go to the circus and laugh at the clowns? :idunno:

i spose there's some small hope that tards like you and artie can learn and change, too