Precious Gifts

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattsmama2001

Let me tell you a story.....I have a little boy with special needs who is very much like Dylan Walborn was. Almost identical in status. When my son Matthew was born in 2001, I felt like my world had ended. I thought God had abandoned me and allowed this to happen to him. What I soon realized was that God doesn't make mistakes & that He practically handed my son down to me directly from heaven & asked me to take care of him for a while. I'm still doing as I was asked and I now realize that God gave me a most precious gift when he gave me Matthew. I also am honored that Our Lord trusted me with such an awesome responsibility.
When I read Dylan's story, I had nothing but anger and disgust in my heart for his parents. I fail, even now, to understand how they could starve their beautiful child (another precious gift from God). It makes NO SENSE! Please tell me how one can enroll a child in school, seek therapy, etc. for a child they later plan to brutally murder? I don't feel sorry for these parents. I feel for Dylan. He was a beautiful little boy. I just thank God that he's in Heaven & being loved unconditionally. I pray to God everyday that I get to keep my Matthew, but I will say this: If and when the time comes to let him go, it will be because God took him, not because I starved him to death or did something just as cruel to hasten his death!

Status
Not open for further replies.