Preaching the Gospel !

Status
Not open for further replies.

beloved57

It bringeth forth fruit !

Col 1:5-6

5 For the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, whereof ye heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel;

6 Which is come unto you, as it is in all the world; and bringeth forth fruit, as it doth also in you, since the day ye heard of it, and knew the grace of God in truth:

Now the Gospel brings forth fruit, but unto who ? Unto them that have a new regenerated heart, a spiritually prepared heart. Remember Jesus parable about the sower ? Who rings forth fruit ? Matt 13:8,23

8 But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold.

23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

Nanja

It bringeth forth fruit !

Col 1:5-6

5 For the hope which is laid up for you in heaven, whereof ye heard before in the word of the truth of the gospel;

6 Which is come unto you, as it is in all the world; and bringeth forth fruit, as it doth also in you, since the day ye heard of it, and knew the grace of God in truth:

Now the Gospel brings forth fruit, but unto who ? Unto them that have a new regenerated heart, a spiritually prepared heart. Remember Jesus parable about the sower ? Who rings forth fruit ? Matt 13:8,23

8 But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold.

23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.

Exactly ! The Gospel brings forth fruit in all God's elect when they are given a New Heart [good ground / soil], received passively in New Birth by the power of the Holy Spirit.

So consequently, receiving the Gospel is unattainable by the natural man, unregenerate, dead in sin and without spiritual understanding Rom. 3:11; being unable to Hear God's Words, which the Gospel is, because he is not Born of God John 8:43, 47.

1 Cor. 2:14
But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

So then if one is made to understand the Truth of the Gospel Mat. 13:8, 23 it bears evidence of their being chosen through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the Truth 2 Thes. 2:13.

beloved57

The Gospel sent as a word of salvation !

Rom 10:14-15

14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

In the providence of God, the Gospel as a word of Salvation isn't sent to all without exception, but to certain ones. The book of Acts informs us who they are.Acts 13:26

26 Men and brethren, children of the stock of Abraham, and whosoever among you feareth God, to you is the word of this salvation sent.

Now we have here specifics as to whom the word of salvation is sent. #1 Children of the stock of Abraham #2 whosover feareth God. Neither of these speak of all without exception.

Nanja

The Gospel sent as a word of salvation !

Rom 10:14-15

14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher?

15 And how shall they preach, except they be sent? as it is written, How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!

In the providence of God, the Gospel as a word of Salvation isn't sent to all without exception, but to certain ones. The book of Acts informs us who they are.Acts 13:26

26 Men and brethren, children of the stock of Abraham, and whosoever among you feareth God, to you is the word of this salvation sent.

Now we have here specifics as to whom the word of salvation is sent. #1 Children of the stock of Abraham #2 whosover feareth God. Neither of these speak of all without exception.

So right !

The Gospel is sent as a Word of Salvation Acts 13:26 specifically to God's Elect Seed, those He has Chosen in union with Christ to have remission of sins / Salvation before the foundation of the world.

2 Tim. 1:9
Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

#1 The Children of the stock of Abraham:

That is, his Spiritual Seed: The Seed of Christ !

Gal. 3:16, 29

16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

#2 Whosoever feareth God.

All men without exception do not fear God, because men by nature, in the flesh, have no fear of God Rom. 3:18.

So it's only once a person is made Spiritually Alive, Born of the Spirit and receives a New Heart [New Birth] and given Faith Gal. 5:22 will he be brought to the light of the Gospel, proof of their being Saved before the world began 2 Tim. 1:9.

2 Tim. 1:10
But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

beloved57

Nanja

#1 The Children of the stock of Abraham:

That is, his Spiritual Seed: The Seed of Christ !

Gal. 3:16, 29

16 Now to Abraham and his seed were the promises made. He saith not, And to seeds, as of many; but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ.

29 And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise.

Excellent !

#2 Whosoever feareth God.

All men without exception do not fear God, because men by nature, in the flesh, have no fear of God Rom. 3:18.

So it's only once a person is made Spiritually Alive, Born of the Spirit and receives a New Heart [New Birth] and given Faith Gal. 5:22 will he be brought to the light of the Gospel, proof of their being Saved before the world began 2 Tim. 1:9.

Of a Truth. Thank God for raising you up to confirm His Word !

Nanja

Nanja

Excellent !

Of a Truth. Thank God for raising you up to confirm His Word !

TY Brother, your edifying words are a Blessing to me !

Thanking God and Praising Him indeed !

It is a great privilege to confirm His Word at every opportunity He so Presents to me !

beloved57

One of the Truths about the Gospel of Gods Grace, which the natural man doesnt like, its that of Gods electing grace wherein He has determined and chosen for Himself who will be saved by His Grace. He has chosen for Himself in Christ before the foundation of the world Eph 1:4

According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love

Now the word chosen here eklegó means:

: I pick out for myself, choose, elect, select

Its also in the middle voice meaning:

The middle voice indicates the subject performing an action upon himself (reflexive action) or for his own benefit. E.g., "The boy groomed himself." Many verbs which occur only in middle voice forms are translated in English as having an active sense; these are called "deponent" verbs, and do not comply with the normal requirements for the middle voice. https://www.blueletterbible.org/kjv/eph/1/4/t_conc_1098004

God has Sovereignly selected in Christ who shall be saved by Grace, and the Gospel of Gods Grace testifys to this fact !

beloved57

God prepares the heart of the elect for the fruitful reception of the Gospel.

it wasnt ever Gods design that all without exception or all who hears the Gospel call should have a believing fruitful reception. This is noted in Jesus teaching abut the various types of soils [hearts] that will encounter the Gospel. Matt 13:1-9;18-23

The same day went Jesus out of the house, and sat by the sea side.

2 And great multitudes were gathered together unto him, so that he went into a ship, and sat; and the whole multitude stood on the shore.

3 And he spake many things unto them in parables, saying, Behold, a sower went forth to sow;

4 And when he sowed, some seeds fell by the way side, and the fowls came and devoured them up:

5 Some fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth: and forthwith they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth:

6 And when the sun was up, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away.

7 And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprung up, and choked them:

8But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold.

9 Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

18 Hear ye therefore the parable of the sower.

19 When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.

20 But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it;

21 Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.

22 He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.

Now the spiritually prepared heart will not only hear the word of truth but shall understandeth it. The word understandeth here is vitally important to understand what Jesus is saying here. Its the greek word syniēmi:

1. to set or bring together
    1. in a hostile sense, of combatants
  2. to put (as it were) the perception with the thing perceived
    1. to set or join together in the mind
      1. i.e. to understand: the man of understanding
      2. idiom for: a good and upright man (having the knowledge of those things which pertain to salvation)

Now its the same word Paul uses in describing man by nature doesnt have this understanding, none understandeth Rom 3:11

There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

So when one does understandeth as in Matt 13:23 its one who isnt a natural man with a natural heart, but a spiritual man with a spiritual heart prepared by God to hear, understand and be converted unto fruitfulness.

These are the ones God sends the Gospel message to with the purpose of converting them to Christ !

Nanja

God prepares the heart of the elect for the fruitful reception of the Gospel.

it wasnt ever Gods design that all without exception or all who hears the Gospel call should have a believing fruitful reception. This is noted in Jesus teaching abut the various types of soils [hearts] that will encounter the Gospel. Matt 13:1-9;18-23

The same day went Jesus out of the house, and sat by the sea side.

2 And great multitudes were gathered together unto him, so that he went into a ship, and sat; and the whole multitude stood on the shore.

3 And he spake many things unto them in parables, saying, Behold, a sower went forth to sow;

4 And when he sowed, some seeds fell by the way side, and the fowls came and devoured them up:

5 Some fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth: and forthwith they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth:

6 And when the sun was up, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away.

7 And some fell among thorns; and the thorns sprung up, and choked them:

8But other fell into good ground, and brought forth fruit, some an hundredfold, some sixtyfold, some thirtyfold.

9 Who hath ears to hear, let him hear.

18 Hear ye therefore the parable of the sower.

19 When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.

20 But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it;

21 Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.

22 He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.

Now the spiritually prepared heart will not only hear the word of truth but shall understandeth it. The word understandeth here is vitally important to understand what Jesus is saying here. Its the greek word syniēmi:

1. to set or bring together
    1. in a hostile sense, of combatants
  2. to put (as it were) the perception with the thing perceived
    1. to set or join together in the mind
      1. i.e. to understand: the man of understanding
      2. idiom for: a good and upright man (having the knowledge of those things which pertain to salvation)

Now its the same word Paul uses in describing man by nature doesnt have this understanding, none understandeth Rom 3:11

There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

So when one does understandeth as in Matt 13:23 its one who isnt a natural man with a natural heart, but a spiritual man with a spiritual heart prepared by God to hear, understand and be converted unto fruitfulness.

These are the ones God sends the Gospel message to with the purpose of converting them to Christ !

Amen to #1307 and #1308 !

The ones in Mat. 13:23, as a result of God's Electing Grace, received the seed, His Words, into good ground, and they hear and understand them because they are Elect of God John 8:47a; Eph. 1:4.

So first God prepares the heart of His Elect Ezek. 36:26-27, the good ground given in regeneration / New Birth Mat. 13:23, then the Gospel can be heard and understood by God given Faith Gal. 5:22 Eph. 1:13.

Now the non-elect, the natural man, will only seek the god of his own understanding Rom. 3:11 because of the blindness of his heart Eph. 4:18, but that's not God 1 Cor. 2:14 !

beloved57

Nanja

The ones in Mat. 13:23, as a result of God's Electing Grace, received the seed, His Words, into good ground, and they hear and understand them because they are Elect of God John 8:47a; Eph. 1:4.

So first God prepares the heart of His Elect Ezek. 36:26-27, the good ground given in regeneration / New BirthMat. 13:23, then the Gospel can be heard and understood by God given Faith Gal. 5:22 Eph. 1:13.
Exactly. That could be the sanctifying work preparation of the Spirit unto belief of the truth 2 Thess 2:13 also 1 Pet 1:2

Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

I believe obedience here is the obedience of/to Faith Rom 1:5

By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:

Rom 16:26

But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith

Nanja

Nanja

Exactly. That could be the sanctifying work preparation of the Spirit unto belief of the truth 2 Thess 2:13 also 1 Pet 1:2

Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

I believe obedience here is the obedience of/to Faith Rom 1:5

By whom we have received grace and apostleship, for obedience to the faith among all nations, for his name:

Rom 16:26

But now is made manifest, and by the scriptures of the prophets, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, made known to all nations for the obedience of faith

So True, and God's Elect Chosen in Union with Christ Eph. 1:4, OUR obedience of Faith is the result of Christ's Obedience on OUR behalf Rom. 5:19b !

Rom. 3:24
Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

beloved57

God prepares the heart of the elect for the fruitful reception of the Gospel.2

The prepared heart is a heart gives His elect in new birth and its so they can come to know the Lord Jer 24:7

And I will give them an heart to know me, that I am the Lord: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God: for they shall return unto me with their whole heart.

Its a New Covenant Blessing through the mediation and blood of Christ Heb 8:10-11

10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

Nanja

God prepares the heart of the elect for the fruitful reception of the Gospel.2

The prepared heart is a heart gives His elect in new birth and its so they can come to know the Lord Jer 24:7

And I will give them an heart to know me, that I am the Lord: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God: for they shall return unto me with their whole heart.

Its a New Covenant Blessing through the mediation and blood of Christ Heb 8:10-11

10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

Because of this Covenant that is in Christ's Blood, God will because of it, put His Law in the minds and hearts of the Elect, which laws include the Gospel as Paul wrote:

Rom. 10:8
But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

It's the engrafted word James 1:21 implanted by God in those born of Incorruptible Seed.

1 Pet. 1:23
Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

Which are those who are partakers of the divine nature 2 Pet. 1:4: the Royal Seed.

beloved57

The Preaching of the Gospel for the Elects Sake !

Though it does serve sub purposes, the primary purpose for Gospel Preaching was for the ingathering and conversion of the Elect of God. This means to bring them to repentance and acknowledgment of Gospel Truth 2 Pet 3:9

9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward[The Elect], not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

2 Tim 2:25

In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

Pauls preaching of the Gospel and suffering for it was for the conversion of the Elect 2 Tim 2:10

Therefore I endure all things for the elect's sakes, that they may also obtain the salvation which is in Christ Jesus with eternal glory.

The completion of this Preaching Purpose will signal the end of the world Matt 24:14

14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

I believe this is the end Peter is referencing in 2 Pet 3:4-9

beloved57

The preaching of the Gospel isn't a offer of salvation to whosoever, no its a declaration of a promise of Christ the messiah to save His People Matt 1:21

21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name Jesus: for he shall save his people from their sins.

Its a unconditional promise to save His People or His Sheep from their sins. His people and His Sheep are interchangeable as for instance the 100 ps 100:3

Know ye that the Lord he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.

Ps 95:7

For he is our God; and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand. To day if ye will hear his voice,

Jesus Christ came and made an atonement (a perfect sacrifice) for them saving them, that is for His Sheep/People Jn 10:11,15

11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

These sheep will hear His voice in the Gospel calling them Jn 10:3-4

3 To him the porter openeth; and the sheep hear his voice: and he calleth his own sheep by name, and leadeth them out.

4 And when he putteth forth his own sheep, he goeth before them, and the sheep follow him: for they know his voice.

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

Acts 28:28

Be it known therefore unto you, that the salvation of God is sent unto the Gentiles, and that they will hear it. Because they are His People/Sheep !

beloved57

Now when God sends the Gospel to the Sheep in the day of their Salvation, He sends it not in word only, but in the power of the Holy Spirit, for lets read Paul's words to the Thessalonians 1 Thess 1:5

[FONT=&quot]For our gospel came [/FONT]not unto you in word only, but also in power, and in the Holy Ghost, and in much assurance; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake.

Now exactly who are the unto you here ? The context tells us in Vs 4

4 [FONT=&quot]Knowing, brethren beloved, your election of God.

They're the election of God[/FONT]

Nanja

Now when God sends the Gospel to the Sheep in the day of their Salvation, He sends it not in word only, but in the power of the Holy Spirit, for lets read Paul's words to the Thessalonians 1 Thess 1:5

[FONT="]For our gospel came [/FONT][/COLOR][B]not [U]unto you in [/U][B][U]word [/U][B][U]only[/U], but also[U] in power[/U], and [U]in the Holy Ghost[/U], and[U] in[/U] [U]much assurance[/U]; as ye know what manner of men we were among you for your sake.[/B][/B][/B]

Now exactly who are the[U][B] unto you[/B][/U] here ? The context tells us in Vs 4

[COLOR=#000000][FONT=Arial][B]4 [/B][/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#000000][FONT="]Knowing, brethren beloved, your election of God.

They're the election of God[/FONT]

Amen, and the Chosen Seed of Abraham !

Gal. 3:13-14

13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

beloved57

The Gospel of Christ is still hidden to the lost/natural man !

2 Cor 4:3 says of the lost man

3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

This cant be denied,

And earlier Paul had written that the Gospel he preached is the wisdom of God 1 Cor 1:23-24

23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;
24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

Now he goes on to write of this wisdom of God in Chpt 2:6-7

Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:
7 But we speak the wisdom of God[Christ] in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

Notice he calls it " even the hidden wisdom" This word hidden is the greek word apokryptō:

1. to hide
  2. concealing, keeping secret

And its in the perfect tense

The perfect tense in Greek corresponds to the perfect tense in English, and describes an action which is viewed as having been completed in the past, once and for all, not needing to be repeated.
    Jesus' last cry from the cross, TETELESTAI ("It is finished!") is a good example of the perfect tense used in this sense, namely "It [the atonement] has been accomplished, completely, once and for all time."

Now its kept secret once and for all to the lost and to the natural man

Its the same word Jesus uses here Matt 11:25

At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

The natural lost man cant believe that which is hidden from him. God does reveal Christ to His born again ones.

Nanja

The Gospel of Christ is still hidden to the lost/natural man !

2 Cor 4:3 says of the lost man

3 [FONT=&]But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

This cant be denied,

And earlier Paul had written that the Gospel he preached is the wisdom of God 1 Cor 1:23-24

[/FONT]
[FONT=&]23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;[/FONT]
[FONT=&]24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

Now he goes on to write of this wisdom of God in Chpt 2:6-7

[/FONT]

[FONT=&]Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:[/FONT]
[FONT=&]7 But we speak the wisdom of God[Christ] in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

Notice he calls it " even the hidden wisdom" This word hidden is the greek word apokryptō:

[/FONT]

1. to hide
  2. concealing, keeping secret

And its in the perfect tense

The perfect tense in Greek corresponds to the perfect tense in English, and describes an action which is viewed as having been completed in the past, once and for all, not needing to be repeated.
    Jesus' last cry from the cross, TETELESTAI ("It is finished!") is a good example of the perfect tense used in this sense, namely "It [the atonement] has been accomplished, completely, once and for all time."

Now its kept secret once and for all to the lost and to the natural man

Its the same word Jesus uses here Matt 11:25

At that time Jesus answered and said, I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes.

The natural lost man cant believe that which is hidden from him. God does reveal Christ to His born again ones.

Amen, it's the born again ones, Christ's Sheep [God's Elect Titus 1:1] He gave His Life for John 10:11, 15 which shall come to believe the Truth, the Hidden Wisdom of God 1 Cor. 2:7. Therefore, it's them exclusively that are given to believe the Truth and to Hear His Voice John 10:3 in the Gospel by the Spirit's Sanctifying Work which saves them from an experimentally lost [natural man] condition 2 Thes. 2:13.

However, to the Eternally Lost, [the reprobate goats Mat. 25:41], the Gospel shall be kept secret, hidden from them 2 Cor. 4:3 for all time, keeping them in a permanently lost state Mat. 13:11b.

Status
Not open for further replies.