Preaching the Gospel !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nanja

GT
We are all given a measure of faith, it depends what we do with it.

The kind of faith that is the innate ability in the mind of the natural man, is a work [Gr. ergon] of the flesh that cannot please God Rom. 8:8.

ergon, G2041:

II. any product whatever, any thing accomplished by hand, art, industry, or mind

https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G2041&t=KJV&ss=1

But the Faith that pleases God is a fruit of the Spirit given in New Birth Gal. 5:22.

Rom. 8:9
a. But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you.

b. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Before a person is Born Spiritually by New Birth, he / she does not belong to Christ!

Faith in Christ and Believing the Gospel of God's Electing Grace 2 Tim. 1:9 bears evidence that one is Born of the Spirit and was Chosen to Belief of the Truth 2 Thes. 2:13!

God's Truth

GT

The kind of faith that is the innate ability in the mind of the natural man, is a work [Gr. ergon] of the flesh that cannot please God Rom. 8:8.

ergon, G2041:

II. any product whatever, any thing accomplished by hand, art, industry, or mind

https://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G2041&t=KJV&ss=1

But the Faith that pleases God is a fruit of the Spirit given in New Birth Gal. 5:22.

Rom. 8:9
a. But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you.

b. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Before a person is Born Spiritually by New Birth, he / she does not belong to Christ!

Faith in Christ and Believing the Gospel of God's Electing Grace 2 Tim. 1:9 bears evidence that one is Born of the Spirit and was Chosen to Belief of the Truth 2 Thes. 2:13!

Try responding again to me without adding to the scriptures.

beloved57

You have been entrapped to believe that lie of an explanation.

The man who only lives to please the flesh cannot please God.

We are flesh and spirit.

So how do you get that some people are not more spiritual?

God is not going to go against His own teachings.

God says that we are to please Him.

If no one can ever please Him, then He wouldn't tell us to please Him. If God is the one who makes us please Him---then He wouldn't say that those who please Him are the reason they are chosen.

ALL are given a measure of faith, it is just that some people's faith is taken away because they do not do right with their faith.

Matthew 25:…23His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Enter into the joy of your master!’ 24Finally, the servant who had received one talent came and said, ‘Master, I knew that you are a hard man, reaping where you have not sown, and gathering where you have not scattered seed. 25So in my fear, I went and hid your talent in the ground. See, you have what belongs to you.’…

We are all given a measure of faith, it depends what we do with it.

Evasion and Rabbit trail and invalid comments not found in scripture!

beloved57

What is it to preach the Gospel of God's Grace?

Paul said Acts 20:24

24 But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

Let's get something clear right away, the natural man can't stand the Gospel of God's Grace, he hates it, its only Good News to the regenerated saved!

First it speaks of God Election of Grace, which excludes conditions and works by man for no reason to boast. Romans 11:5-6

5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

Also Grace Salvation means that Salvation by Grace is withheld from a portion of mankind and is only for an Elect remnant!

6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

Epoisses

24 But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

Let's get something clear right away, the natural man can't stand the Gospel of God's Grace, he hates it, its only Good News to the regenerated saved!

First it speaks of God Election of Grace, which excludes conditions and works by man for no reason to boast. Romans 11:5-6

5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

Also Grace Salvation means that Salvation by Grace is withheld from a portion of mankind and is only for an Elect remnant!

6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

There was no election according to grace on the cross, moron!

Nanja

Perfectly Stated, Brother!

The Gospel of God's Grace is the Gospel according to the Power of God, which bears Testimony of His Eternal Grace given His Elect or Sheep, chosen in union with Christ Eph. 1:4, which He Saved or Justified before the World began:

2 Tim. 1:8-9

8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began

That's when all the Election of Grace, The Church, were Saved or Justified in their Surety Heb. 7:22 Christ Jesus Rev. 13:8; Rom. 5:9 in the Everlasting Covenant of Grace before the World began Heb. 13:20.

1 Pet. 20
Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you

1 Pet. 1:2
Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ: Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.

beloved57

The Twofold purpose for preaching the Gospel !

The Twofold purpose for preaching the Gospel !

2 Cor 2:14-16

14 Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.

15 For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish:

16 To the one we are the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life. And who is sufficient for these things?

Most people don't understand, but God has a duel purpose for the preaching of the Gospel throughout the World Matt 24:14

14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

The first primary reason is to be a witness to the saved elect, to them it's a savor of life unto life. However secondly to the lost and perishing its a savor of death unto death to add to their sins and condemnation which they justly deserved.

Nanja

2 Cor 2:14-16

14 Now thanks be unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.

15 For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish:

16 To the one we are the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life. And who is sufficient for these things?

Most people don't understand, but God has a duel purpose for the preaching of the Gospel throughout the World Matt 24:14

14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

The first primary reason is to be a witness to the saved elect, to them it's a savor of life unto life. However secondly to the lost and perishing its a savor of death unto death to add to their sins and condemnation which they justly deserved.

The Gospel only makes manifest the savour of His knowledge 2 Cor. 2:14 to those who have forgiveness of sins in Christ Eph. 1:7 their Surety Heb. 7:22; Is. 53:6.

But to rest, the non-elect who are outside of Christ's forgiveness John 3:18, 36, they can only have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge Rom. 10:2.

beloved57

The Gospel only makes manifest the savour of His knowledge 2 Cor. 2:14 to those who have forgiveness of sins in Christ Eph. 1:7 their Surety Heb. 7:22; Is. 53:6.

But to rest, the non-elect who are outside of Christ's forgiveness John 3:18, 36, they can only have a zeal for God, but not according to knowledge Rom. 10:2.
So true.

Sent from my 5054N using TheologyOnline mobile app

beloved57

It's a Mystery to the natural man.

What is ? Why the Gospel is, the Gospel of Christ, Paul writes here 1 Cor 2:6-7

Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

The Wisdom of God is Christ 1 Cor 1:24

But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

This Gospel of Christ as the Wisdom of God is not for all without exception, but to them which are perfect 1 Cor 2:6
Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect: yet not the wisdom of this world, nor of the princes of this world, that come to nought:

No, not perfect as in sinless perfection, but having been made Perfect by the Offering of Christ, His Sacrificial Death for the Elect of God Heb 10:14

For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

It's to these the Gospel is spoken to as a word of Salvation.To all others it's a Mystery.

Nanja

It's a Mystery to the natural man.

What is ? Why the Gospel is, the Gospel of Christ, Paul writes here 1 Cor 2:6-7

7 But we speak the wisdom of God in a mystery, even the hidden wisdom, which God ordained before the world unto our glory:

The Wisdom of God is Christ 1 Cor 1:24

But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

This Gospel of Christ as the Wisdom of God is not for all without exception, but to them which are perfect 1 Cor 2:6

No, not perfect as in sinless perfection, but having been made Perfect by the Offering of Christ, His Sacrificial Death for the Elect of God Heb 10:14

For by one offering he hath perfected for ever them that are sanctified.

It's to these the Gospel is spoken to as a word of Salvation.To all others it's a Mystery.

So true! God only makes His Everlasting Covenant of Grace known to His Chosen ones in Christ, Who is their Covenant Head and Surety before the World began; which are Sanctified permanently Heb. 10:10.

Ps. 25:14
The secret of the LORD is with them that fear him; and he will shew them his covenant.

But to all others, outside of the Election of Grace, the Gospel shall remain a Mystery, simply because it doesn't pertain to them.

beloved57

So true! God only makes His Everlasting Covenant of Grace known to His Chosen ones in Christ, Who is their Covenant Head and Surety before the World began; which are Sanctified permanently Heb. 10:10.

Ps. 25:14
The secret of the LORD is with them that fear him; and he will shew them his covenant.

But to all others, outside of the Election of Grace, the Gospel shall remain a Mystery, simply because it doesn't pertain to them.

Mk 4:11

11 And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:

Nanja

11 And he said unto them, Unto you it is given to know the mystery of the kingdom of God: but unto them that are without, all these things are done in parables:

Yep, they are without the Election of Grace Rom. 11:5.

God's Truth

When Jesus came to earth, God had cut off and hardened all the Jews who did not already have faith. God sent Jesus to those who already belonged to God by faith and He cut off the Jews He did not accept.

When Jesus was crucified, then all could come to him to be saved, but he came first for the lost sheep of Israel, those who already belonged to God but who needed a Shepherd.

beloved57

When Jesus came to earth, God had cut off and hardened all the Jews who did not already have faith. God sent Jesus to those who already belonged to God by faith and He cut off the Jews He did not accept.

When Jesus was crucified, then all could come to him to be saved, but he came first for the lost sheep of Israel, those who already belonged to God but who needed a Shepherd.
Off topic and Rabbit trail.

Sent from my 5054N using TheologyOnline mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.