Preaching the Gospel !

Status
Not open for further replies.

beloved57

When Jesus sent out His disciples abroad with the Gospel, the main purpose was to teach the Gospel Truths to those that by and through His Resurrection, the Spirit hath given New Life unto ! Remember Jesus said for them to Teach Matt 28:19-20

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

The first word teach in Vs 19 is the greek word matheteuo and means:

to be a disciple of one

a) to follow his precepts and instructions

2) to make a disciple

a) to teach, instruct

This therefore presupposes they would be in a spiritual condition to receive the instruction or to be made a disciple or follower !

The second word teaching in Vs 20 is the greek word didaskō which means to:

to teach

a) to hold discourse with others in order to instruct them, deliver didactic discourses

b) to be a teacher

c) to discharge the office of a teacher, conduct one's self as a teacher

2) to teach one

a) to impart instruction

b) instill doctrine into one

c) the thing taught or enjoined

d) to explain or expound a thing

f) to teach one something

Both of these took place on the Day of Pentecost, Peter instructed those here Acts 2:37-38

37 Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said unto Peter and to the rest of the apostles, Men and brethren, what shall we do?

38 Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Peter was giving instruction here to those who had been made spiritually alive by the Spirit !

Then they indoctrinated them Acts 2:41-42

41 Then they that gladly received his word were baptized: and the same day there were added unto them about three thousand souls.

42 And they continued stedfastly in the apostles' doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in prayers.

So Jesus was merely telling them here in Matt 28:19-20 what He had told Peter earlier and that was to feed His Sheep and Lambs Jn 21:16-17

16 He saith to him again the second time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? He saith unto him, Yea, Lord; thou knowest that I love thee. He saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

17 He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

Jesus had already promised they [His Sheep] shall hear His Voice through them Jn 10:16

16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

That is they will be spiritually ready to receive the Preaching and teaching and instruction of the sent Gospel Messengers !

When Christ sent Peter to the Gentile Cornelius with the Gospel, it was to feed His Sheep and to disciple him as commanded in Matt 28:19-20 Those whom Christ had cleansed with His Blood and quickened by His Spirit. Acts 10:15

And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.

That word cleansed is the same word used in Heb 9:14

14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge or cleanse your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

So that's who Jesus sent the Gospel to in regards to matters of Salvation, all those made alive by His resurrection 1 Pet 1:3 and in a spiritual capacity to receive Gospel instruction and doctrine !

Last edited:

beloved57

The goal of Gospel Preaching when it pertains to Salvation, it was and is only limited to the Church, Body, that Christ gave Himself for Eph 5:23-25

23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the Saviour of the body.

24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

And this also spelled out in Eph 4:10-13

10 He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)

11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;

12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:

You see that ? The Evangelist was given for the Body of Christ to edify it, when Phillip the Evangelist was sent to the Ethiopian Eunuch he was doing evangelism to teach one who belonged to the Church Christ died for. Acts 21:8

And the next day we that were of Paul's company departed, and came unto Caesarea: and we entered into the house of Philip the evangelist, which was one of the seven; and abode with him.

Acts 8:26-29

26 And the angel of the Lord spake unto Philip, saying, Arise, and go toward the south unto the way that goeth down from Jerusalem unto Gaza, which is desert.

27 And he arose and went: and, behold, a man of Ethiopia, an eunuch of great authority under Candace queen of the Ethiopians, who had the charge of all her treasure, and had come to Jerusalem for to worship,
28 Was returning, and sitting in his chariot read Esaias the prophet.

29 Then the Spirit said unto Philip, Go near, and join thyself to this chariot.

The Eunuch had been spiritually prepared to receive the instruction and Truth from Phillip !

The Gospel Ministry was limited [when it came to Salvation] for the conversion, edification and building up of the Body of Christ !

It was for the converting of the Body Col 1:24-25

24 Who now rejoice in my sufferings for you, and fill up that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh for his body's sake, which is the church:

25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;

And Vs 25 here tells us that is why Paul by the Effectual Power of God and His Grace was made a Minister, to make known the Gospel Ministry to the Saints Vs 26

Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:

Anyone Christ died for is #1 of His Body and #2 are saints, simply because His Death or Offering or giving of Himself for them doeth once and for all Sanctify them Heb 10:10

10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

That makes them saints:

or set apart as holy

beloved57

Is the Gospel, the things of God ?

Is the Gospel, the things of God ?

1 Cor 2:11-13

11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

Many today do not think or realize of the Gospel that the Apostles preached or spoke as the things of God, in fact in context here that is the very subject of the things of God they spoke of, even Christ and Him Crucified Vs 1 -2 1 Cor 2:1-2

And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God.

2 For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified.

The things of God, the Testimony of God, the Gospel !

Its the Things of God because of it's Divine Origin from God of which Paul calls it the Gospel of God ! Rom 1:1

Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,

Gospel of God here in the greek is Genitive the case of possession. The emphasis by Paul is on the kind of Gospel, the One out of God !

Now how for men to deny that the Gospel is not " of the things of God" is a Mystery to me, but some men deny it !

The Gospel is of God because its a Revelation, for Paul states of it, that He did not learn it or was taught it by men, but by the Revelation of Jesus Christ Gal 1:11-12

11 But I certify you, brethren, that the gospel which was preached of me is not after man.

12 For I neither received it of man, neither was I taught it, but by the revelation or unveiling of [from] Jesus Christ.

The Revelation from Jesus Christ is the same as it being revealed by His Spirit as in 1 Cor 2:10

10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

Also the Gospel reveals the Righteousness of God Rom 1:16-17

16 For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

That's also one of the Things of God revealed [The Righteousness of God Imputed] !

Its one of those things that has been freely given to us of God as Per 1 Cor 2:12

12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

Remember also how Paul stated that He received the Gospel 1 Cor 15:1-3

Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

The receiving here is by Revelation as it was unto them that also received it as He did Vs 1

Folks before we can believe the Gospel of God in any kind of conversion way, it must be revealed to us by the Spirit, then we receive it in a biblical way ! We must have already been given the Spirit, in order to know [ experientially] of the things of God given to us, which things the Gospel announces ! Isa 53:1

Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the Lord revealed?

And so Paul writes 1 Cor 2:11-12

11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

Thats the way to believe the Report, by having been first given the Spirit of God !

Paul clearly indicates here that first the Spirit of God is given [in regeneration or new birth] in order that we may know [comprehended] those things given to us of God, like the Righteousness of God imputed Rom 1:16-17 !

Also things like forgiveness of sins, which why they must have been preached ! Lk 24:47 ; Acts 13:38 and so the Spirit of God was given that we may know of forgiveness of sins experientially Lk 1:77

77 To give knowledge[or revelation] of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,

beloved57

Is the Gospel, the things of God ? cont

Is the Gospel, the things of God ? cont

As we continue the thought of Lk 1:77, the knowledge here is a Spiritual Knowledge that brings experiential knowledge by Spiritual comprehension, which is only possible by having been given already the Spirit of God !

Now notice in 1 Cor 2:13a

13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

Which things we speak ! The Gospel things he spake ! Now what are the things the Apostle has been speaking to the Corinthians ? Its the Word of the Gospel; for Jesus told Paul in a vision to speak the Word to them because He had much People [to be converted] in that city Acts 18:9-10

9 Then spake the Lord to Paul in the night by a vision, Be not afraid, but speak, and hold not thy peace:

10 For I am with thee, and no man shall set on thee to hurt thee: for I have much people in this city.

That same word speak is used in 1 Cor 2:6,7,13

Hence this proves that the Gospel is considered " the things of God" and so considered, before it can be believed or received it must be revealed to us by the Spirit ! We must be already given by New Birth a Spiritual capacity to comprehend the things of God !

beloved57

Only a Saved Person can Believe the Gospel !

Only a Saved Person can Believe the Gospel !

Eph 1:13

13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

When it comes to Gospel Preaching and Salvation, it is only for the saved ! In other words, the Gospel is sent to some who are saved to inform them of the Good News of their Salvation, or the Salvation of you !

In the greek it's :

"thv swthriav umwn" The word you umwn is a personal possessive pronoun Genitive Case !

This means that before the Gospel can be good news for one, that one must already Possess Salvation, or in other words already be saved, then it is that Trust and believe !

This is especially clear in that Paul is very clear that those who are Lost, in a lost or unsaved state, then the Gospel is hid from them 2 Cor 4:3-4

3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

When the Gospel is preached to those who believe not, it is because they are lost or damned Mk 16:15-16

15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

That coincides with 2 Cor 4:4

3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

4 In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

They believe not because the Gospel is hid from them, and they are in a lost, condemned state !

Now if they are saved when they hear the Gospel, then they believe and are baptized as a public confession !

beloved57

Believing the Gospel is not as false teachers project it to be, that of accepting an bogus offer, after Christ has supposedly offered up Himself for all without exception, to the so called freewill of men ! But no, it is the spiritual reception of the Divine Testimony about Christ and His Redemptive Work through His Cross for His Church, the Sheep,or His People ! 1 Tim 2:4-6

4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.

It is then those whom Christ is Mediator of, they are sent a Testimony Via the Gospel !

This Testimony is received or Believed by those it is designed for as here 2 Thess 1:10

10 When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony[Of the Gospel] among you was believed) in that day.

We receive this Testimony of the Gospel only as it is by the Power of the Holy Spirit and it is then confirmed in us as per 1 Cor 1:6

Even as the testimony of Christ[Or Gospel of Christ] was confirmed in you:

All for whom Christ died, it will be personally testified to them by the Gospel and the Power of the Holy Spirit so they will believe in their Salvation by Him !

Last edited:

beloved57

To bring Light and Immortality to light !

To bring Light and Immortality to light !

One of the purposes for the Gospel when it comes to Salvation, is that by it, God purposed to bring to light, spiritual life and Immortality which was given by New Birth which comes through the Resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead !

2 Tim 1:8-11

8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God;

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

11 Whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles.

That Life that is brought to light is that Life Christ gives His Church that they had in Him as their Head of the Church Jn 1:4

4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men. This Life is Immortal because Christ is Immortal !

This Incorruptible and Immortal Life is communicated by being born again by the Resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead 1 Pet 1:3

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,

Now this word begotten is the greek word anagennaō:

to produce again, be born again, born anew

2) metaph. to have one's mind changed so that he lives a new life and one conformed to the will of God

This New Life comes from the quality of the seed it is begotten from as per 1 Pet 1:23

23 Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever.

That Incorruptible seed is produces the Immortal life brought to light by the Gospel 2 Tim 1:10

10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel:

11 Whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles.

Paul was appointed a Preacher to those who had been begotten again with Immortal, incorruptible Life, which would come to light or manifestation by the Gospel !

beloved57

Saved by His Purpose and Grace !

2 Tim 1:9

9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

Now exactly just what is this purpose and grace given us in Christ Jesus and which the saved are saved by before the world began ?

First of all its God's Eternal Purpose of Election which Paul mentions here in Rom 9:11

11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth )

This Purpose of Election concerns the Chosen in Christ the Beloved before the foundation of the World Eph 1:4

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

And secondly, this Purpose of Election is a Election of Grace Rom 11:5

5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

Now its of Grace that it cannot be of works Vs 6

6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

Which means, this Election of Grace cannot be based upon anything the ones elected did or did not do, for all such doings constitute works. If one falsely teaches that Election is based upon God foreseeing they would believe or accept or repent or be baptized, or obey, then they lie against the Truth, for Paul clearly writes this about the purpose of election Rom 9:11

(For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth)

Nothing can be more clearer that God does not elect based upon anything a person does, or did not do !

Also that this is a Salvation Issue being discussed is plain by #1 that Paul denies Works involvement in Election in Rom 9:11 and Rom 11:5-6

And #2 Thats Salvation is the matter in Rom 9:11,24 is clear by Paul's contrast of Works and Calling, which calling is again mentioned in Vs 24

24 Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?

Which is the same called of 2 Tim 1:9

Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

beloved57

The Saving purpose of the Gospel !

The Saving purpose of the Gospel !

2 Tim 1:9-10

If Christ died for us, He is our Saviour, He hath for us abolished death ! The Purpose of the Gospel when it comes to Salvation,is that it might bring to light life and immortality, which is the Essence of New Birth, a Quickened Immortal Life. All Gospel Obedience such as Faith and Repentance comes forth as a result of this Immortal Life. Faith is the fruit of the New Birth which is obedient to the Gospel Summons or Call ! 2 Thess 2:14

Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Now understand who is being called here Vs 13

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

Those who have partook of Sanctification of the Spirit, which is the communicating of that Immortal life !

beloved57

Saved before we Believe the Gospel !

Saved before we Believe the Gospel !

That one is saved before the believe the Gospel is seen here 2 Tim 1:9

Here note the Divine order, being saved precedes the Divine Call by the Gospel 2 Thess 2:14

14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

This is also why Paul writes that Gospel is hid to them that are lost [not saved], for the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them that believe not 2 Cor 4:3-4

But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:

Of course the most reasonable inference from this is that the Gospel is not hid from them that are saved, their minds not being blinded by the god of this world, because Christ destroyed his hold over them, and so they are believing !

Last edited:

Grosnick Marowbe

Hall of Fame
When Jesus sent out His disciples abroad with the Gospel, the main purpose was to teach the Gospel Truths to those that by and through His Resurrection, the Spirit hath given New Life unto ! Remember Jesus said for them to Teach Matt 28:19-20

You've certainly got things, messed up, don't you??

beloved57

The Gospel call is to the redeemed !

The Gospel call is to the redeemed !

Isa 44:22

22 I have blotted out, as a thick cloud, thy transgressions, and, as a cloud, thy sins: return unto me; for I have redeemed thee.

or in NT language 2 Cor 5:19-20

19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

The Gospel call to the redeemed, is that they [having been redeemed] return to the Lord. They do not return to the Lord to get redeemed, or to get their transgressions blotteth out, or their sins forgiven, but because God hath already done that for them [through Christ], hence the Gospel is the Good News of ones's Salvation or Redemption, and Forgiveness Eph 1:7-13

7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

8 Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence;

9 Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:

10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

And so the Gospel is not an offer for men to make a choice about, but its informative to those who have a full Redemption through Christ.

Redemption takes into account the forgiveness of sins.

The ones in 2 Cor 5:20 are being reconciled by the call because they had no sins laid to their charge Vs 19, that fact meant they were already forgiven and redeemed before their call ! And that is the corresponding point of the call in Isa 45:22 !

beloved57

Christ Jesus the Power and Wisdom of God !

Christ Jesus the Power and Wisdom of God !

1 Cor 1:23-24

23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

Now Christ in preaching is the Power of God and Wisdom of God, to those who are called, in the original is the called, and to them only, Christ being preached is the converting power of God,its the same as the Gospel being the Power of God to them that are believing Rom 1:16. The Ones believing in Rom 1:16 are the same ones being called in 1 Cor 1:24, and to them,in the Wisdom of God, Preaching is God's means of saving them as in converting them to faith 1 Cor 1:21.

Again 1 Cor 1:18, Preaching is to them being saved, is the Power of God. The word saved here is in the passive voice, and God is saving them by His Power through Preaching Vs 21

21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

Preaching to those being saved[conversion] is the Power of God. God in His Wisdom chose Preaching Christ to be the powerful way of converting them, believing being the effect produced by preaching, and so by preaching to the called God's Power is at Work Rom 1:16 causing the believing making manifest their Salvation.

Preaching is not as the false teachers make it out to be, a offer of Salvation to all without exception, so its up to you to either accept it or reject it, but it is God exerting His Saving Strength, through the Power of the Holy Spirit, and the Truth of the Gospel, to cause the Called to believe in Christ, who hath saved them, Redeemed them and Justified by His Blood !

beloved57

Salvation and Righteousness !

Salvation and Righteousness !

Isa 61:10

I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, my soul shall be joyful in my God; for he hath clothed me with the garments of salvation, he hath covered me with the robe of righteousness, as a bridegroom decketh himself with ornaments, and as a bride adorneth herself with her jewels.

The Salvation of those Christ died for is His Righteousness being imputed to them, and its based on this Imputed Righteousness of God, that is what the Gospel Makes Known or Reveals as it pertains to Salvation, when it goes out into the world.

In this, the Gospel reveals to them that have been given the fruit of Faith by the Spirit Gal 5:22, the Gospel makes known TO THEM, that Righteousness of God imputed to them, solely based upon Christ having been made sin for them, that they should be made the Righteousness of God in Him 2 Cor 5:21

21 For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him. Cp

Rom 1:17

17 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.

The Righteousness of God [ or Their Salvation ] is revealed to Faith [not the natural man], and the Righteousness of God is not ones Faith or act of believing, but the Righteousness of God is revealed to their Faith which is God given.

It is revealed from Faith to Faith ! The First word Faith here in Rom 1:17 means the Gospel [Vs 16] which is also called Faith as in Preaching the Faith or the Gospel Rom 10:8 Rom 10:8

8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

This Word of Faith which is the Gospel, reveals to Faith the Righteousness of God or God's Salvation to that one with God given Faith !

beloved57

The Gospel is good news, but to who ?

The Gospel is good news, but to who ?

The Gospel is good news, but to who ? Why its good news, glad tidings to sinners, that is to sinners that have been [by the Holy Spirit] made sensible to their sinfulness and their need of their Saviour. This is very important in God's purpose of Grace. That is why Jesus says specifically Matt 9:13

But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Yes, all men are sinners by nature, but not all men are made sensible sinners as to their helplessness and the exceeding sinfulness of sin that the only the Holy Spirit provides Rom 7:13

13 Was then that which is good made death unto me? God forbid. But sin, that it might appear sin, working death in me by that which is good; that sin by the commandment might become exceeding sinful.

This verse is key to what it means to be a sinner as God See's sinfulness in the human heart, to agree with God about it ! Rom 7:7

7 What shall we say then? Is the law sin? God forbid. Nay, I had not known sin, but by the law: for I had not known lust, except the law had said, Thou shalt not covet.

To clarify what was said above that all men [though sinners] are not made sensible to their helplessness as sinners, we go to this portion of scripture Lk 18:9-15 !

Now both of these men were sinners, but which of the Two fits more of the description of the sinners that Jesus came to call to repentance ? Which one of them fits the description of those Jesus said unto them Matt 11:28

28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.

Notice the words of the publican Lk 18:13

13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.

Now the pharisee his counterpart, he was a sinner too, but do you think he feels the same way as the publican does about being a sinner ?

He felt like like the ones Jesus said He did not come to call, the righteous ! For we read this of the pharisee Lk 18:9

9 And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:

Now which of the type of men did Paul mean when he stated this 1 Tim 1:15

15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief.

beloved57

The Gospel is good news, but to who ? cont

The Gospel is good news, but to who ? cont

All the sinners that Christ died for, a whole World of them, that they should believe in Him for all their Salvation, the Holy Spirit's Mission from Christ to them is to convince them of Sin Jn 16:8-9

8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;

The word reprove is the greek word elegchō and means to:

to convict, refute, confute

a) generally with a suggestion of shame of the person convicted

b) by conviction to bring to the light, to expose

2) to find fault with, correct

a) by word

1) to reprehend severely, chide, admonish, reprove

2) to call to account, show one his fault, demand an explanation

b) by deed

1) to chasten, to punish

Its the same word used here Heb 12:5

5 And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:

Also here Rev 3:19

19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.

The World in Jn 16:8 is the World of His Son's and this World of sinners will be reproved for their sin.

It is also the word used here Jn 3:20

20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

This tells us that those in the World of Jn 16:8 who the Spirit reproves for sin, shall come to the Light Jn 3:21

But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

The Light of the Gospel 2 Cor 4:4

In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Thats the Job of the Holy Spirit , He prepares those Christ died for to see their need of Christ, and His Righteousness by reproving them of sin and their helplessness, and they because of that cometh to the Light of the Gospel which Reveals to them Christ as their Saviour !

The Spirit shall make those Christ died for sensible sinners like the publican of Lk 18, even if they are sinners like the pharisee in Lk 18, if they belong to the Election of Grace, look at Saul who became Paul !

He makes them sensible sinners in order for them to believe on Christ, for up to then, they are unbelievers,Jn 16:9 however the Work of the Spirit remedies that by His impartation of the Fruit of Faith Gal 5:22 !

beloved57

Preaching the True Gospel of the Kingdom !

Preaching the True Gospel of the Kingdom !

The True Gospel of the Kingdom or the Gospel of God's Grace, for they are one and the same Acts 20:24-25

24 But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.

25 And now, behold, I know that ye all, among whom I have gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more.

It is the good news of the salvation of God's Chosen People, the Church Eph 1:3-13

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

5 Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

7 In whom we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of his grace;

8 Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence;

9 Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:

10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.

1 Thess 1:4

4 Knowing, brethren beloved, your election of God. Rom 11:5-6

5 Even so then at this present time also there is a remnant according to the election of grace.

6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

2 Thess 2:13-14

13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:

14 Whereunto he called you by our gospel, to the obtaining of the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.

He called those Chosen to Salvation by the Apostles Gospel !

The Gospel Highlights all the Gracious things Christ did to Save the People of God !

beloved57

Preaching the True Gospel of the Kingdom ! 2

Preaching the True Gospel of the Kingdom ! 2

Preaching the Gospel is showing through scripture the Things that God did through Christ to save His People for His Glory ! For first of All God Loved them from Everlasting Jn 3:16

16 For God so loved the world[Those Believing], that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

The antiquity of this Love Jn 17:23-24

23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.

24 Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world.

Jer 31:3

3 The Lord hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love:[The Chosen Bride of Christ] therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.

Christ Loved His Chosen Bride Eph 5:25

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

Jn 13:1

Now before the feast of the passover, when Jesus knew that his hour was come that he should depart out of this world unto the Father, having loved his own which were in the world, he loved them unto the end.

He Loved them and obeyed God's Law for them, He died for them Jn 15:13 Cp Isa 41:8

He redeems them Gal 3-4 ; He Sanctifies them Heb 10:10; Jn 17:19-20

19 And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

20 Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word;

He perfected them Heb 10:14

He Reconciled them and Justified them Rom 5:9-10 and He will Glorify them Jn 17:22 !

These are Truths of Grace in the Gospel of the Kingdom !

beloved57

Preaching the True Gospel of the Kingdom ! 3

Preaching the True Gospel of the Kingdom ! 3

One of the features of the Gospel of the Kingdom, one of the articles of Good News is Christ's obedience for His Church, which Paul preaches on it here Rom 5:19

19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

The Good News is in the contrast which is the fact when adam sinned / disobeyed, he and all his posterity in him were made sinners, but here in lies the Good News of the Gospel, by the obedience [to God's Law] of One, Jesus Christ, and all Chosen in Him by Election of Grace are or shall be made Righteous, or it shall be said of them, they have perfectly obeyed God's Law. The word Righteous here is the greek word dikaios:

) righteous, observing divine laws

a) in a wide sense, upright, righteous, virtuous, keeping the commands of God

1) of those who seem to themselves to be righteous, who pride themselves to be righteous, who pride themselves in their virtues, whether real or imagined

2) innocent, faultless, guiltless

3) used of him whose way of thinking, feeling, and acting is wholly conformed to the will of God, and who therefore needs no rectification in the heart or life

a) only Christ truly

4) approved of or acceptable of God

b) in a narrower sense, rendering to each his due and that in a judicial sense, passing just judgment on others, whether expressed in words or shown by the manner of dealing with them

His Obedience is imputed to all them and it is as they themselves have obeyed all God's Commandments entitling them to Life as here Matt 19:16-17

16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

So all whom Christ obeyed in behalf of will because of it inherit Eternal Life, Now thats Good News !

Status
Not open for further replies.