ECT Prayer request for a Jehovah's Witness

musterion

I've already told a few here on TOL about this but I'm requesting prayer for a Jehovah's Witness who was on my doorstep last Saturday. He said he wants to come back this Saturday at 10:30 am to address a list of dozens of Bible blessings which I gave him, most of which the Watchtower denies to all its members. I have strong reason to believe God had already been working on him for some time before he came to my door.

Please pray that he does keep his word and comes back, so that he can again hear the power of God unto salvation and, hopefully, be saved from his blindness and slavery to the ministers of Satan.

Thank you very much.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I've already told a few here on TOL about this but I'm requesting prayer for a Jehovah's Witness who was on my doorstep last Saturday. He said he wants to come back this Saturday at 10:30 am to address a list of dozens of Bible blessings which I gave him, most of which the Watchtower denies to all its members. I have strong reason to believe God had already been working on him for some time before he came to my door.

Please pray that he does keep his word and comes back, so that he can again hear the power of God unto salvation and, hopefully, be saved from his blindness and slavery to the ministers of Satan.

Thank you very much.

i did and will again. yes i believe he heard something from you; God's Word, and sees something new. I'm confident that you will have the right words and demeanor to let the truth be told. Blessing on that musterion - :thumb:

musterion

We'll see. Either he'll not show up, will show up accompanied by an elder to be his go-between, or he'll come alone. If he comes alone, I'll be convinced God is working on him.

musterion

Sure thing, I have found the Mill a good subject to discuss with them.

I don't doubt it but I prefer to get right to the point and stick with entrance into the Kingdom...their whole thing is believing they're to work their whole lives to try to get in (and even then, only 144,000 unnamed JWs are "guaranteed" entrance), but Paul says all those who are Christ's through the Gospel are already there. When he saw that, I could see in his eyes he'd never seen that promise before and I told him he as a choice: either the Watchtower is right or Paul is...but not both.

Brother Vinny

Was it Prince? If Prince knocked on my door, I'd at least listen. I'd disagree with what he had to say, but at least he'd have my attention.

glorydaz

Nope, but this one is a genuinely nice guy.

Many of them are. They just can't accept that salvation is a gift from God. I like the verse that talks about why salvation is a gift. That in the ages to come......no man should boast.

Eph. 2:7 That in the ages to come he might shew the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.​

Eph. 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

Eph. 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.​

musterion

Have some of these on hand:

https://carm.org/warning-tract

AMR

I like those as a quick reference but personally would advise no one use them with one of those cultists. The first mistake is, it opens by "charging their strength." If one of them isn't already questioning their cult's beliefs (and they're usually not), that opening is only going to rile them up, put them on the defensive and get them into Argument mode, which they came prepared to engage in by having been trained how to prooftext around those very points. I also don't care for CARM's typically muddled gospel presentation, so I'll stick with the simple power of God unto salvation. But I do thank you for the input!!!

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
We'll see. Either he'll not show up, will show up accompanied by an elder to be his go-between, or he'll come alone. If he comes alone, I'll be convinced God is working on him.

yeah, i thought that too. i pictured him coming alone. if he brings others, he thinks he can teach you -

musterion

yeah, i thought that too. i pictured him coming alone. if he brings others, he thinks he can teach you -

If he brings an elder it likely means he can't reply to the Bible but thinks someone else can and will, meaning mind and heart are closed. In which case, the meeting will be brief.