Post "Plot" Questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

truthteller86

kmoney said:
So the law wasn't optional for them....what all is included in the law? also, where is the line where someone will lose their salvation for not obeying the law? You said that they were "graced out" when they couldn't perfectly fulfill the law, so when is the point where they need to be "graced out"? Wouldn't it be when they commit their first sin? Then they need grace which they get by faith. But then how many sins can they commit before they need to be "graced out" again? How do they know if they are still saved? Can they ever die knowing they are saved? If their salvation was partly based on works than I don't know how they could be secure in their salvation. How would they know if they did enough? They have to obey the law, but since we all know no one can obey the law perfect, where was the line between salvation and no salvation?

Salvation being based on works just doesn't make sense to me........
kmoney, you know I'm a fan. Hey, all these questions are awesome. I guarantee all this is covered in extreme detail, that makes more sense than anything you've ever heard in The Plot. It will absolutely change your life forever. It would be difficult to encapsulate a 320+ page manuscript here. I strongly encourage you to check it out...or the audio series... GO CHIEFS ! Can't wait for the game 2nite.

dale

kmoney,

This is not to say it's a good or bad thing, but, I think you and I are on the same page.

Army of One

dale said:
David was guilty of willful disobedience but didn't lose it. How does that play into this?
But David, even after doing some of the most terrible things, repented of his sins, which I think is one of the reasons God loved him so much. In Psalm 51, after he had committed adultery and murder, he cried out for God's mercy, pleading "cast me not away from Your presence, and do not take Your Holy Spirit from me".

David's situation is a great illustration of the role Grace plays for those under the Law. Even David, a man after God's own heart, still fell short of keeping the Law, and God's grace covered those shortcomings.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
truthteller86 said:
kmoney, you know I'm a fan. Hey, all these questions are awesome. I guarantee all this is covered in extreme detail, that makes more sense than anything you've ever heard in The Plot. It will absolutely change your life forever. It would be difficult to encapsulate a 320+ page manuscript here. I strongly encourage you to check it out...or the audio series... GO CHIEFS ! Can't wait for the game 2nite.
yeah, I just ordered "The Plot" a few days ago. I'm looking forward to reading it.

GO CHIEFS!!!!

truthteller86

kmoney said:
yeah, I just ordered "The Plot" a few days ago. I'm looking forward to reading it.

GO CHIEFS!!!!
Please put me on your "list" of people who want to know how much you enjoy The Plot. Try and read the 1st 84 pages straight thru...that's the introduction...Chs 1-4. Form there, it all falls in place. Your Bible reading/study will explode with simple understanding. It's a revolution I attest. A revolution of reclaiming God's Word for what it says !

:poly:
RULE OF :up: #1: If a Bible verse makes you uncomfortable, maybe there's something wrong with your thinking.
RULE OF :up: #2: If you want to know what a Bible verse means, ask a 4th grader, and go with that (i.e., it probably means, just what it says)

ttlr86

kmoney

Hall of Fame
truthteller86 said:
Please put me on your "list" of people who want to know how much you enjoy The Plot. Try and read the 1st 84 pages straight thru...that's the introduction...Chs 1-4. Form there, it all falls in place. Your Bible reading/study will explode with simple understanding. It's a revolution I attest. A revolution of reclaiming God's Word for what it says !

RULE OF :up: #1: If a Bible verse makes you uncomfortable, maybe there's something wrong with your thinking.
RULE OF :up: #2: If you want to know what a Bible verse means, ask a 4th grader, and go with that (i.e., it probably means, just what it says)

ttlr86
Please put me on your "list" of people who want to know how much you enjoy The Plot.
will do... :)
Try and read the 1st 84 pages straight thru..
haha, I have a feeling that won't happen, but I'll keep that in mind. Generally I don't have that much time at once to read.
If a Bible verse makes you uncomfortable, maybe there's something wrong with your thinking.
nothing makes me uncomfortable.... :)

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
kmoney said:
So the law wasn't optional for them....what all is included in the law? also, where is the line where someone will lose their salvation for not obeying the law? You said that they were "graced out" when they couldn't perfectly fulfill the law, so when is the point where they need to be "graced out"? Wouldn't it be when they commit their first sin? Then they need grace which they get by faith. But then how many sins can they commit before they need to be "graced out" again? How do they know if they are still saved? Can they ever die knowing they are saved? If their salvation was partly based on works than I don't know how they could be secure in their salvation. How would they know if they did enough? They have to obey the law, but since we all know no one can obey the law perfect, where was the line between salvation and no salvation?

Most of these questions cannot be answered by men. God is the judge and that is all we need know. God is not unjust nor will He be mocked. If a man sinned and repented then God forgave looking forward to that day when the Sacrifice would be offered up. If you died with unrepentant sin then you had problems. Would a man need be aware of every sin he committed, no. That's where having a trusting love relationship with God came in and where God's grace came in as well.

Basically if you want to know effectively how it worked all you have to do is pick a church at random (sounds like the one godrulz attends would be a good one) and attend long enough to understand their beliefs and practices and you'll probably have a pretty good idea of how it was supposed to work for the Jew before the Dispensation of Grace. If there is one thing that the average church is effective at doing, it's placing its members under the law.

Another excellent way to find answers to your questions is to read the entire New Testament except for the books written by Paul (Hebrews was not written by Paul, by the way). All of those books (including the gospels generally) were written by and to "Kingdom believers" who were members of the nation of Israel and under the Dispensation of Law. As a matter of fact, nearly all of the most prominent theological divisions in the church today come from the simple fact that some churches lean more heavily on the books of Paul and others more heavily on everything else. Of course they do so without realizing that they are doing so but that is what they are doing. If you want proof of that, just go to the book store and find a book on eternal security. If the book is arguing for eternal security their proof texts will be in the Pauline epistles and their problem texts, if the even deal with those at all, will all be anywhere but in the Pauline epistles. And conversely if you find an Arminian book that teaches that one can walk away from their faith and thus their salvation, every single one of their proof texts will be found throughout the Bible except for the Pauline epistles and the Pauline epistles will present them with all of their problem texts. That's the beautiful thing about The Plot! Once you've read it and understood what it is teaching, you suddenly have no problem texts! NONE! All the verses of the Bible say pretty much exactly what they seem to say and since the context is understood, whatever it is they say causes no difficulty for one's theology at all.

Are you suggesting that the law was optional? I can assure it was not. Moses himself was about to be killed by God's own hand because he failed to circumcise his son. Solomon, if he didn't repent, went to Hell. Why? Because he rebelled against God and failed to keep God's law. The entire nation of Israel fell dead in the wilderness except who? Those who did not yet have "the knowledge of good and evil" which Bob establishes as a colloquialism for the law. The law was very definitely not optional and if one failed to follow the law, the result was Hell.

Resting in Him,
Clete

Last edited by a moderator:

Army of One

Clete said:
Most of these questions cannot be answered by men. God is the judge and that is all we need know. God is not unjust nor will He be mocked. If a man sinned and repented then God forgave looking forward to that day when the Sacrifice would be offered up. If you died with unrepentant sin then you had problems. Would a man need be aware of every sin he committed, no. That's where having a trusting love relationship with God came in and where God's grace came in as well.

Basically if you want to know effectively how it worked all you have to do is pick a church at random (sounds like the one godrulz attends would be a good one) and attend long enough to understand their beliefs and practices and you'll probably have a pretty good idea of how it was supposed to work for the Jew before the Dispensation of Grace. If there is one thing that the average church is effective at doing, it's placing its members under the law.
Another excellent way to find answers to your questions is to read the entire New Testament except for the books written by Paul (Hebrews was not written by Paul, by the way). All of those books (including the gospels generally) where written by and to "Kingdom believers" who were members of the nation of Israel and under the Dispensation of Law. As a matter of fact, nearly all of the most prominent theological divisions in the church today come from the simple fact that some church lean more heavily on the books of Paul and others more heavily on everything else. Of course they do so without realizing that they are doing so but that is what they are doing. If you want proof of that, just go to the book store and find a book on eternal security. If the book is arguing for eternal security their proof texts will be in the Pauline epistles and their problem texts, if the even deal with those at all, will all be anywhere but in the Pauline epistles. And conversely if you find an Arminian book that teaches that one can walk away from their faith and thus their salvation, every single one of their proof texts will be found throughout the Bible except for the Pauline epistles and the Pauline epistles will present them with all of their problem texts. That's the beautiful thing about The Plot! Once you've read it and understood what it is teaching, you suddenly have no problem texts! NONE! All the verses of the Bible say pretty much exactly what they seem to say and since the context is understood, whatever it is they say causes no difficulty for one's theology at all.

Are you suggesting that the law was optional? I can assure it was not. Moses himself was about to be killed by God own hand because he failed to circumcise his son. Solomon, if he didn't repent, went to Hell. Why? Because he rebelled against God and failed to keep God's law. The entire nation of Israel fell dead in the wilderness accept who? Those who did not yet have "the knowledge of good and evil" which Bob establishes as a colloquialism for the law. The law was very definitely not optional and if one failed to follow the law, the result was Hell.

Resting in Him,
Clete
:thumb:

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
dale said:
So back to Peter and Paul. What then was the difference between the two? Those saved prior to Israel being cut off had to follow the law (as best as they could, what, according to their conscience? Was it about willful disobedience?) or they would lose their salvation? Those saved after Israel being cut off couldn't lose their salvation even for willful disobedience?

Am I in the ball park?
Yes. You are very much so "in the ball park".

As I said in my last post the best way to answer this question is to read the New Testament minus the Pauline epistles, or simply reading the book of James would be a terrific start as would be reading the first three chapters of the book of Revelation. That would give a pretty terrific understanding of how one under the Kingdom Gospel could lose their salvation.

Resting in Him,
Clete

kmoney

Hall of Fame
truthteller86 said:
How 'bout:
Chief's ball, 4th down on their own 5 yard line, down by 8 with 3 seconds left?
oh, I'd be very uncomfortable then!!! and very angry!!! :madmad:

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Clete said:
kmoney said:

Another excellent way to find answers to your questions is to read the entire New Testament except for the books written by Paul (Hebrews was not written by Paul, by the way). All of those books (including the gospels generally) were written by and to "Kingdom believers" who were members of the nation of Israel and under the Dispensation of Law. As a matter of fact, nearly all of the most prominent theological divisions in the church today come from the simple fact that some churches lean more heavily on the books of Paul and others more heavily on everything else. Of course they do so without realizing that they are doing so but that is what they are doing. If you want proof of that, just go to the book store and find a book on eternal security. If the book is arguing for eternal security their proof texts will be in the Pauline epistles and their problem texts, if the even deal with those at all, will all be anywhere but in the Pauline epistles. And conversely if you find an Arminian book that teaches that one can walk away from their faith and thus their salvation, every single one of their proof texts will be found throughout the Bible except for the Pauline epistles and the Pauline epistles will present them with all of their problem texts. That's the beautiful thing about The Plot! Once you've read it and understood what it is teaching, you suddenly have no problem texts! NONE! All the verses of the Bible say pretty much exactly what they seem to say and since the context is understood, whatever it is they say causes no difficulty for one's theology at all.

Are you suggesting that the law was optional? I can assure it was not. Moses himself was about to be killed by God's own hand because he failed to circumcise his son. Solomon, if he didn't repent, went to Hell. Why? Because he rebelled against God and failed to keep God's law. The entire nation of Israel fell dead in the wilderness except who? Those who did not yet have "the knowledge of good and evil" which Bob establishes as a colloquialism for the law. The law was very definitely not optional and if one failed to follow the law, the result was Hell.

Resting in Him,
Clete
:first: POTD!

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Clete said:

Resting in Him,
Clete
As always you're making me think..... :think:
I admit there is definitely scripture that seem to say works were required. I mean the bible says that Noah walked with God prior to the command to build the ark, so would Noah have been justified had he not built the ark and died in the flood? It would seem not, so for him it was salvation by works. But in Hebrews it seems to say that Noah was saved by faith, not the fact that he "worked" by building the ark. To me for someone to be saved by works it is so arbitrary and for me the thought that salvation is arbitrary is wrong. The thought that you can't be secure in your salvation is wrong.

but like I said I'm definitely thinking about it.....

dale

Again, I'm with ya kmoney. As I try to process this stuff I can't help but consider that if an individual can lose his salvation because of his failure to obey, then that means that if he does indeed keep his salvation, it was because he earned the right to keep it through obedience. If he works to prevent it from being taken away, then that work was part of the reason he has it. But we know that ...by the deeds of the law no flesh will be justified in His sight..." Are you guy's suggesting another way to read that verse might be "...by the deeds of the law no [all nations] flesh will be justified in His sight..."?

Clete

Truth Smacker
Silver Subscriber
dale said:
Again, I'm with ya kmoney. As I try to process this stuff I can't help but consider that if an individual can lose his salvation because of his failure to obey, then that means that if he does indeed keep his salvation, it was because he earned the right to keep it through obedience. If he works to prevent it from being taken away, then that work was part of the reason he has it. But we know that ...by the deeds of the law no flesh will be justified in His sight..." Are you guy's suggesting another way to read that verse might be "...by the deeds of the law no [all nations] flesh will be justified in His sight..."?
No one is justified by the law! That's what we've been saying. I think you guys are making this more difficult than it is. No one is denying that it is the shed blood of Christ that actually justifies a person and that's true of any dispensation. So the discussion isn't really about what justifies a person, that much is not disputed at all. What is at question is whether or not God expected different things from different people at different times in order to have and to maintain a relationship with Him (i.e. to be saved).

So the question is simple. Do you or kmoney believe that under the Dispensation of Law, that the law was required of believers? Could you, for example, be in covenant relationship with God (saved) if you refused to get circumcised?

Resting in Him,
Clete

Delmar

Patron Saint of SMACK
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
truthteller86 said:

ttlr86
Or You could be reading from a bad translation.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Clete,
No one is justified by the law! That's what we've been saying.
Works is part of the equation though. I understand that you aren't taking Jesus' blood out completely.
So the question is simple. Do you or kmoney believe that under the Dispensation of Law, that the law was required of believers? Could you, for example, be in covenant relationship with God (saved) if you refused to get circumcised?
What did women have to do?

As far as circumcision....Gen 17:14 And the uncircumcised man child whose flesh of his foreskin is not circumcised, that soul shall be cut off from his people; he hath broken my covenant.

it would appear not.....but that would be cutting them off from the earthly people, is that the same as a future in heaven?

also, I'm not finding where Moses was almost because he didn't circumcise his son, where is it?

kmoney

Hall of Fame
When did baptism begin?

in the OT it talked about sprinkling water to cleanse objects and people....

Status
Not open for further replies.