Poly's pick 10-12-11

Nang

TOL Subscriber
My thanks to Poly and all the positive comments regarding this post.

I would like to clarify that it was made according to my spiritual world-view, not necessarily a political world-view, for by nature I tend to be a-political.

Thus, I am not advocating punishment of homosexuals, but rather protesting the laws that protect them. In my view, such laws of tolerance, amount to spiritual lawlessness.

When the laws of men supersede the laws of God, society and the visible church will slip into anarchy, both political and spiritual.

And that is my concern. For I take seriously the admonitions and prophecy of Holy Scripture found in II Thessalonians 2:1-12.

Christians must be on guard against tolerance that produces lawlessness. Christians cannot condone lawlessness. Christians dare not remain silent regarding the lawless deeds of men or the lawless legislation of governments.

And if I were truly being "sharp," in my post, I would not have misspelled dominionist! :eek:

Nang

elohiym

Thus, I am not advocating punishment of homosexuals, but rather protesting the laws that protect them.

Then you are indirectly advocating the punishment of homosexuals by protesting the laws that protect them from punishment.

When the laws of men supersede the laws of God, society and the visible church will slip into anarchy, both political and spiritual.

I don't believe Leviticus 18:22 is a prohibition against homosexuality per se, rather it is a prohibition against a specific type adultery where one man engages in sexual intercourse with another man who is married to a woman. I argued that in a recent post to Nick where I explain it more fully. You can read that here.

Since I'm certain that heterosexual adultery is sin, perhaps we can find common ground using that specific transgression. Adultery was a capital offense as described in the Bible. It is still a capital offense, whether people wish to accept God's word or not. Should the laws of men today reflect that adultery is a capital offense in your opinion?

BabyChristian

Well then! I guess I had better go out and start killing homosexuals. Of course I'll have to kill divorcees also! You people make me sick!

I don't know why this type of sin is somehow worse than every other sin. The Bible calls it an abomination but the Bible also calls some other sins the same thing.

Stone the homos and as in the O.T. stone adulterers too.

Adulterers don't have adulterers parades and are not in my face, though I have to say some FLDS polygamists were on TV the other day and I really get up in arms about that topic and they're starting to get in our faces, like that reality show. TV really sucks nowadays with the sins being flaunted.

Jesus was kind to all except the hypocrites, those that claimed to be Godly people but weren't. Christians are blowing it by acting uncivil to homosexuals and it's also making more and more people not believe in the Bible and Jesus.

I have no problem telling them what they're doing is wrong but as far as letting a gay cut my hair, I would let a gay cut my hair. Jesus would have let a gay cut His hair. He seemed to have His biggest problem with people that professed to be something they weren't.

BabyChristian

I'd have to say that was pretty sharp post by Nang.

Bybee, the point is we don't go out killing the reprobates ourselves. But we shouldn't tolerate putting legislation in place that enables them in their perversion either. America has turned into a country of enablers when it comes to sexual sin. We should go back to the days where we have laws that deal with perverted behavior. Note I said behavior not tendencies.

God gave each individual the right to sin or not to sin. We can't outlaw deviations that are consensual.

Do you want to put legislation in place that jails every person that commits adultery? There's not enough money and jails for that and there never could be.

bybee

I don't know why this type of sin is somehow worse than every other sin. The Bible calls it an abomination but the Bible also calls some other sins the same thing.

Stone the homos and as in the O.T. stone adulterers too.

Adulterers don't have adulterers parades and are not in my face, though I have to say some FLDS polygamists were on TV the other day and I really get up in arms about that topic and they're starting to get in our faces, like that reality show. TV really sucks nowadays with the sins being flaunted.

Jesus was kind to all except the hypocrites, those that claimed to be Godly people but weren't. Christians are blowing it by acting uncivil to homosexuals and it's also making more and more people not believe in the Bible and Jesus.

I have no problem telling them what they're doing is wrong but as far as letting a gay cut my hair, I would let a gay cut my hair. Jesus would have let a gay cut His hair. He seemed to have His biggest problem with people that professed to be something they weren't.

Good points BC, I'd agree about these polygamists foisting their agenda on us via TV. I thought polygamy was illegal?

BabyChristian

Good points BC, I'd agree about these polygamists foisting their agenda on us via TV. I thought polygamy was illegal?

It is but it's not enforced because the FLDS legally marry one and have a church service that is not recorded by the state for the other wives. Haven't you seen that show on TV (I haven't watched it) where the guy has 3 wives? It's a reality show.

Nothing can be legally done to these people because there's only ONE legal wife, the others all collect welfare (steal) to feed their many many children.

elohiym

God gave each individual the right to sin or not to sin.

Perhaps you meant something else because God has not given any individual the right to sin. In fact, whether one believes in annihilation or a place called hell, all those who continue to sin will face eternal separation from God.

Do you want to put legislation in place that jails every person that commits adultery? There's not enough money and jails for that and there never could be.

God's law said to put the adulterers to death, not jail them. And Jesus said adultery is committed in the heart before the act.

So who will throw the first stone? :think:

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Are there any homosexual members on this site?

lovemeorhateme is a reformed homosexual.

Nobody's really sure what Pursey is.

Just wondering if homos are allowed to be members of this site.
If so, are you 'enabling" homos by also being a member here?

Have any homos donated to pay the cost of this site?
If so, does that mean that you (who also uses this site) are supporting a site that is operating due to some homos?

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Well then! I guess I had better go out and start killing homosexuals. Of course I'll have to kill divorcees also! You people make me sick!
Would you care to back that up with Scripture?

should I leave?
Yes.

God gave each individual the right to sin or not to sin. We can't outlaw deviations that are consensual.

The cuckold does not consent. Neither do the children who see the destruction of their parents' marriage.
And, no, I do not want to see them put in prison; I want them executed.

Are there any homosexual members on this site?

lovemeorhateme is a reformed homosexual.

Nobody's really sure what Pursey is.
Don't forget Uberpod1.