ECT "PISTEUO", the secret of the universe....

God's Truth

God chooses to whom that gift will go to, and He choose those who obey. See John 14:23, and Acts 5:32. See also Acts 10:35, and Acts 13:26.

musterion

Did you ever surrender up a payment for a gift?

I had a scary run in with debt collectors from Publisher's Clearing House. It was all a big misunderstanding over a "free" subscription to Teen Beat (JohnW turned me on to it, it's his fault). I now have screws in my finger bones. Does that count?

Don't ask about the Tupperware people. I still can't talk about it.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Did you miss this Faither?

LA

I did! I'm so used to people posting Scripture to support their arguments, i got into the habit of not reading them because they started the relationship wrong.

Thats why i'm insisting that we start with "pisteuo" before Gods Word is ours to claim. Rom. 8:9 is a foundational Scripture that addresses us when we were outside of Christ or His enemy. It says that if we don't have the Spirit of Christ, Christ is none of ours. If Christ is none of ours, then His Word can't be ours either. So their has to be an action that can bring us out of the darkness, and present ourselves to follow Him. I'm not talking about adding to or replacing the "finished" work of Christ He did on the cross. There has to be one thing that starts the relationship, maintains the relationship, and completes the relationship here on earth. That is "pisteuo"! A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender."

Just to clarify, this is not my translation. I learned about this translation 30 years ago from my gifed instructor. (Eph 4:11-13) There are tens of thousands of His students who consider this truth to be just a fact of Scripture and build on it. I wonder why we never see them in these discussion forums? LOL

What about you LA? Do you accept the definitions of Pisteuo if posted out of the strongs and Vines?

Faither

BANNED
Banned
I have read the beginning and I have seen the same points made many times before here. The post is not a new idea here. Most of us who have been on TOL a long time have been over this subject many times.

You will receive more response when you openly introduce an idea. When who present your ideas as if they are original, many is us overlook it, as we have argued this before. This is why you receive nonsense responses, and some negative comments. you are not reaching anyone who cares to debate the topic when you present yourself as the most knowledgeable, which you are not.

Just to clarify Kat. I don't consider this translation of "pisteuo" to be a new idea or truth. This is a very old translation that i'm hoping God is ready to release. We don't need to discover any new truths, we need to rediscover the old truths.

Something else. If theres a community of serious saints on TOL somewhere, why do you allow this kind of posting to go on here? Is there a place to present understandings without all the personal attacks?

And what about you Kat? Do you accept the Greek definitions of "pisteuo" i've posted from the strongs and Vines? Or did you just want to give me a personal attack of your own?

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
No, I have no reason to argue with you. Did not sleep well and am tired today. If you desire to discuss Gospel of John and the use of the Greek word, pisteuo, I am sure you will find someone interested.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
No, I have no reason to argue with you. Did not sleep well and am tired today. If you desire to discuss Gospel of John and the use of the Greek word, pisteuo, I am sure you will find someone interested.

I'll take that as a no to accepting the Greek definitions of "pisteuo".

This is the kind of thing i'm talking about. You present yourself as one who agrees with and has discussed the word "pisteuo" many times. But won't produce your understanding, or the others you have had this discussion on "pisteuo" With. In addition, you misrepresent me by saying i want to discuss the Gospel of John, when I've never said that. But you did manage to serve your sinful nature by calling me a no it all, and "which i am not." Your words. That would lead me to the fact you didn't read all of my posts on this thread like you said you have. I have more respect for those who would attack me face to face than one who does it covertly.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Gee.... you come in here and claim to "correct" pretty much every English Bible translation that exists!

I wonder why some people think that you might be a bit arrogant....

What about you Right divider? Do you accept the definitions from the Greek dictionary for "pisteuo"?

If not, would you give me your understanding of the Word pisteuo?

Faither

BANNED
Banned
I've been told there are some "hall of fame" TOL members that might have some insight to offer regarding the mistranslation of "pisteuo" into the English texts. If your out there, i invite you to come in and have a discussion. But only if your serious about the topic, please.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
The Greek word "pisteuo". Probably the most important word that we will ever hear as called out ones. I consider this word to be the "secret of the universe". Because one day, God will reveal the importance of "pisteuo," and everyone will know it was right there in front of us all the time.

I beat this drum of "pisteuo ", because without actively exercising "pisteuo", no one can have the relationship with Christ that the NT talks about. An indwelling Holy Spirit, being in Christ, having Gods nature flowing through us, the word of God being ours to look at like a mirror, the mind of Christ, to be able to have that continual praying without ceasing. Without "pisteuo," none of these things will come to pass.

With those things said, what exactly is "pisteuo?"

"Pisteuo" is the Greek word, a verb, that's corresponds with the Greek word, a noun, "pistis".

When pistis and pisteuo were translated into the English texts, Pistis is where we get our word
"faith", the noun, was no problem. But when the translators tried to find an English word for "pisteuo," there was none. Pisteuo is a verb, An act, based upon a belief, sustained by confidence. The specific act that the Greek word pisteuo needed to translate to English is, the vines: "A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender." The Strongs: "Pisteuo means not just to believe, but to be persuaded, to trust, to place confidence in, signifies reliance upon, not mere credence, hence it is translated "commit unto," "commit to ones trust,"Be commited unto".

Pisteuo is the word that describes, encompasses, and teaches us what NT saving Faith is. We should have had the words faither, faithing, and to faithe, for the translators to use when translating pisteuo into English. But only because they had no other choice, they had to go with believer, believing, and to believe. The word pisteuo and it's English mistranslations are used over 250 times in the NT. The words believer, believing, and to believe are only one third of what Nt saving Faith is. And building an understanding on any of these three words is not NT saving Faith.

Over the next few days i'm going to post on this thread,certain Scriptures with the vines dictionary meaning in place of the mistranslated words. It will be very hard for many to accept. But remember, this doesn't just affect you, your entire household and family will be affected by this.

Positive comments and good questions only. Please no, "I don't accept the Greek dictionary definitions."

thanks

I've reposted the OP for your convenience.

musterion

"You can't claim to obey Paul because you're not a member of any specific audience he wrote to. But I obey Jesus because I obey Jesus, and you don't."

Please, someone ban the walking stupidity that is GT.

Right Divider

Body part
Are you kidding? You will not be given the Holy Spirit UNLESS YOU OBEY.

Acts 5:32 We are witnesses of these things, and so is the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to those who obey him."

Surrender to the Truth, Faither.

You will not receive the Holy Spirit unless you obey, for that is to whom the Holy Spirit is given.
GT, you are trying to live in the WRONG dispensation. You constantly quote the WRONG scripture because of that fact.

Eph 1:13-14 (KJV)
(1:13) In whom ye also [trusted], after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, (1:14) Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption of the purchased possession, unto the praise of his glory.

THIS is how WE receive the Spirit in THIS dispensation. Come join us.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
Quote Originally Posted by Faither View Post
What about you Right divider? Do you accept the definitions from the Greek dictionary for "pisteuo"?

I need a reply from you.

Ya never mind, based on one of your replies to gods truth, i'm going to take back my invite.

If i'm wrong and you do want to discuss pisteuo, you can PM me as i will put you with the others whos posts i no longer read.

Faither

BANNED
Banned
I did! I'm so used to people posting Scripture to support their arguments, i got into the habit of not reading them because they started the relationship wrong.

Thats why i'm insisting that we start with "pisteuo" before Gods Word is ours to claim. Rom. 8:9 is a foundational Scripture that addresses us when we were outside of Christ or His enemy. It says that if we don't have the Spirit of Christ, Christ is none of ours. If Christ is none of ours, then His Word can't be ours either. So their has to be an action that can bring us out of the darkness, and present ourselves to follow Him. I'm not talking about adding to or replacing the "finished" work of Christ He did on the cross. There has to be one thing that starts the relationship, maintains the relationship, and completes the relationship here on earth. That is "pisteuo"! A personal surrender to Him, and a life inspired by such surrender."

Just to clarify, this is not my translation. I learned about this translation 30 years ago from my gifed instructor. (Eph 4:11-13) There are tens of thousands of His students who consider this truth to be just a fact of Scripture and build on it. I wonder why we never see them in these discussion forums? LOL

What about you LA? Do you accept the definitions of Pisteuo if posted out of the strongs and Vines?

Bumped for LA.

Right Divider

Body part
I need a reply from you.
You mean this?
G4100 πιστεύω pisteuo (piy-stev'-ō) v.
1. to trust (in, upon, or with respect to, a person or thing), i.e. credit.
2. (passively) to be convinced.
3. (also) to entrust (especially with one's spiritual well-being to Christ).
[from G4102]
KJV: believe(-r), commit (to trust), put in trust with
Root(s): G4102
See also: G4104

Right Divider

Body part
Quote Originally Posted by Faither View Post

I need a reply from you.

Ya never mind, based on one of your replies to gods truth, i'm going to take back my invite.

If i'm wrong and you do want to discuss pisteuo, you can PM me as i will put you with the others whos posts i no longer read.
Go ahead smart guy Bible correcter.