Philip Schaff admitted the Trinity is Sophistry

Drake Shelton

Philip Schaff admitted the Trinity is Sophistry

Philip Schaff admitted,

"In each person there is the same inseparable divine substance, united with the individual property and relation which distinguishes that person from the others. The word person is in reality only a make-shift, in the absence of a more adequate term. Our idea of God is more true and deep than our terminology, and the essence and character of God far transcends our highest ideas.”

Schaff, Nicene And Post Nicene Christianity: History Of The Christian Church Vol. III, Chapter 9, Section 130.

https://southernisraelite.wordpress.com/

dialm

BANNED
Banned
The word 'person' is not a 'make shift'. I'm a person. I'm not a make shift. How dare someone call God Almighty by such a term. If God wanted to be described in another way He might have. But He didn't.

Drake Shelton

I read through the blog you quoted. It seems a hate filled, misogynistic diatribe rather than a thoughtfully posited position.
It uses the worst examples possible to prove its points whilst totally disregarding the fact that the chosen examples are only a small portion of reality.

Let me summarize the statement, because it wasn't an argument: "I don't like you, therefore you're wrong."