Paul: "The Just (Justified) Shall Live By Faith" and not by rules, laws or religion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I do not do this. I have faith in God. My obedience is the result or outcome of my faith. I obey in faith. I obey because of faith. The question is if faith is obedience and if faith is a result, product, or outcome, of the Spirit of God or the work of the Spirit of God or the work of the Spirit of God in the believer or in the life of the believer.

There is no problem with the Law.
You are right here. If you have faith and receive Grace, then you will do the good and avoid sin.

It is when your faith is weak and without Grace you try to obey the law, you always will fail.

James is looking at those who claim to be saved, for a sign that the Holy Spirit is guiding them away from sin.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
You are right here. If you have faith and receive Grace, then you will do the good and avoid sin.

It is when your faith is weak and without Grace you try to obey the law, you always will fail.

James is looking at those who claim to be saved, for a sign that the Holy Spirit is guiding them away from sin.

Who is James? Are you talking about the book of James in the Bible?

Thank you for your post.

Do you sin? If you sin, confess your sin to God. Repent, turn from your sin and turn to God for salvation, God's grace, and the forgiveness of sins in Jesus and in His name and you will have victory over sin, the world, the flesh, and the devil, satan. To avoid sin is different than if you are trying you are lying. If trying is lying, what was the person trying? To obey God's commandments, His commands? There is no fault there. Obeying and trying to obey are different though, so I recognize that trying has a component of failure, failing, and therefore lying if you are saying you are doing something that you are not (your trying is not good enough). Salvation is not by works. If you understand God's commands, His commandments, you will understand that obeying them is not difficult. In fact, the Apostle John says that God's commandments are not burdensome.

Shalom.

Jacob

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Who is James? Are you talking about the book of James in the Bible?

Thank you for your post.

Shalom.

Jacob

James and Paul both teach that salvation is by faith alone and also that faith is never alone but shows itself to be alive by deeds of love that express a believer's thanks to God for the free gift of salvation by faith in Jesus.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
James and Paul both teach that salvation is by faith alone and also that faith is never alone but shows itself to be alive by deeds of love that express a believer's thanks to God for the free gift of salvation by faith in Jesus.

It makes sense to have faith in God and Jesus both.

beameup

If you are living by rules, laws, or religion, you are NOT living by faith. Rules, laws and religion are about you and what you are doing, it is subjective. Those that are living by faith are living by what God has done in his Son Jesus Christ, it is objective (outside of us)

Behold, his soul which is lifted up is not upright in him:
but the just shall live by his faith. - Hab 2:4
Unfortunately, Jews translate it "faithfulness". That would be "faithfulness" to Judaism.
The "bare minimum" would be simply claiming that you are genetically Jewish, therefore you are "chosen" by God.

Robert Pate

Banned
Unfortunately, Jews translate it "faithfulness". That would be "faithfulness" to Judaism.
The "bare minimum" would be simply claiming that you are genetically Jewish, therefore you are "chosen" by God.

It appears to me that is where Jacob is at. He is trusting in Judaism.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
It appears to me that is where Jacob is at. He is trusting in Judaism.

I do not know what you mean by that. My trust is in God, the Creator of Heaven and Earth, the God of Israel, the Jew, and the Gentile.

Is Judaism a faith or a religion? Is it something else? I do not know. I have heard both.

Shalom.

Jacob

Robert Pate

Banned
I do not know what you mean by that. My trust is in God, the Creator of Heaven and Earth, the God of Israel, the Jew, and the Gentile.

Is Judaism a faith or a religion? Is it something else? I do not know. I have heard both.

Shalom.

Jacob

Judaism is a religion. It is a religion of the law. The Bible plainly teaches that the law has been abolished, Ephesians 2:15 also Colossians 2:14.

Living according to the law is a denial of the Gospel and justification by faith. In the Gospel Jesus, in our name and on our behalf fulfills the law for us, Matthew 5:18 and then atones for our sins, 1 John 2:2. Because of the doing and the dying of Jesus we stand before God's holy court as perfect and complete in Jesus Christ. The law has been fulfilled, sin has been atoned for, we are complete in Christ, Colossians 2:10.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Judaism is a religion. It is a religion of the law. The Bible plainly teaches that the law has been abolished, Ephesians 2:15 also Colossians 2:14.

Living according to the law is a denial of the Gospel and justification by faith. In the Gospel Jesus, in our name and on our behalf fulfills the law for us, Matthew 5:18 and then atones for our sins, 1 John 2:2. Because of the doing and the dying of Jesus we stand before God's holy court as perfect and complete in Jesus Christ. The law has been fulfilled, sin has been atoned for, we are complete in Christ, Colossians 2:10.

I know that Jesus did not come to abolish the Law or the Prophets and that I am to keep and teach the commandments. Matthew 5:17 NASB. Matthew 5:19 NASB.

As for Judaism, you say that it is a religion of the law. Why do you say that it is a religion? Why do you say that it is a religion of the law? I have nothing against God's Law, Israel, and I see no reason to have anything against Judaism either.

Shalom.

Jacob

Robert Pate

Banned
I know that Jesus did not come to abolish the Law or the Prophets and that I am to keep and teach the commandments. Matthew 5:17 NASB. Matthew 5:19 NASB.

As for Judaism, you say that it is a religion of the law. Why do you say that it is a religion? Why do you say that it is a religion of the law? I have nothing against God's Law, Israel, and I see no reason to have anything against Judaism either.

Shalom.

Jacob

Then you don't believe Paul, do you? You are a typical law loving Jew.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
The law is your Jesus. More than likely you will be in the, "Lord, Lord, didn't we" group, Matthew 7:21-23.

Not at all. There is no room for boasting in the law. Jesus observed and taught the Law. He instructed us to do the same.

Robert Pate

Banned
Not at all. There is no room for boasting in the law. Jesus observed and taught the Law. He instructed us to do the same.

And you fail 100%.

Do you love your neighbor as yourself? If you do, then sell all that you have and give it to the poor.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
And you fail 100%.

Do you love your neighbor as yourself? If you do, then sell all that you have and give it to the poor.

What I have is for my personal use and ministry. I do love my neighbor as myself. Currently I have school loan debt. I do not fail. God did not command me to fail and I do not intend to fail. But if I fail I do not know what you believe it is that I fail at. For example, do you already know God's Law or does it need to be taught to you? You begin with me by asking if I love my neighbor as myself. That is one of the commandments of the law that Jesus taught. To love God and your neighbor as yourself is what the entire Law is about.

Shalom.

Jacob

Robert Pate

Banned
What I have is for my personal use and ministry. I do love my neighbor as myself. Currently I have school loan debt. I do not fail. God did not command me to fail and I do not intend to fail. But if I fail I do not know what you believe it is that I fail at. For example, do you already know God's Law or does it need to be taught to you? You begin with me by asking if I love my neighbor as myself. That is one of the commandments of the law that Jesus taught. To love God and your neighbor as yourself is what the entire Law is about.

Shalom.

Jacob

If you do not sell what you have and give it to the poor you have failed to keep the law. So far it appears that you are a hypocrite.

Jacob

BANNED
Banned
Jesus also said, "Give to him that asks of you". I need a couple thousand, when can I expect the money?

You are crazy. He said nothing of stealing from others, threatening them, interrogating them, harassing them, or terrorizing them. To expect something of someone else according to a standard that you do not live by yourself does not make sense to me.

Robert Pate

Banned
You are crazy. He said nothing of stealing from others, threatening them, interrogating them, harassing them, or terrorizing them. To expect something of someone else according to a standard that you do not live by yourself does not make sense to me.

Your problem is that you do not realize what the law demands. Where is my money?

Status
Not open for further replies.