Paul said What??

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
As I once heard a fine preacher say in a sermon, "The Bible is Jesus Christ, cover to cover." The Isaac sacrifice scene and "My son, God will provide himself a lamb..." and, as you point out, the blood on the doorposts, placement of which makes the sign of the cross, incidentally: the only way Christ doesn't stick out like a sore thumb, throughout scripture, is due to spiritully dead men being spiritually blind, which is a personal problem, not one of God's clear word and what is very evident, but that which God must allow people to see.

This is our greatest hope! And, it is indeed a true reference to Spiritual death.

Well spoken.

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
It just happens to be what he said. Said another way, your life outside of Christ is dog poop. Good thing my life is hidden in Christ. He didn't say "refuse" or "garbage" as some versions say. He said dog doodie. And likely the white kind.

True words Nick, True Words! Me too! [emoji106][emoji85]

Sent from my iPad using TOL ~Jesus is the Theology and the Counselor is the Commentary

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
Paul said What??

This post of yours above only proves that you have no idea what a Pharisee was: Rich professors of the Law and owners of Yeshivas where they used to teach young Jews to be masters and Rabbis; most time for no payment at all from poor young men who proved intensive vocation for the profession. Evidence? Jesus.

This is just a wild guess, as to verses 7 and 8. However unlikely some of you may find this, it could be that Paul found in the Lord Jesus, beginning with a blinding light and voice out of nowhere, the One who offers eternal life, a way to get to know the glory of God, be a friend of and learn of the Creator of the vast universe, learn the mind of that Almighty God of creation, and go on to glory, to live, forever, in the beauty of His paradise, the joy of knowing all things wonderful and glorious the Lord Jesus offers His, knowing the very God he only previously had read about.

So, here's the point. I'm thinking Paul probably found this more compelling, than sitting around with a bunch of other vainglorious Pharisees only a mother could love, discussing what to do about the pidgeon crap problem around the booths outside the temple, or what nasty things they could do to people preaching the horrors of God's love and grace, choking on road dust, trying to roundup Christians, looking forward to, after that, dying and going to hell. I mean, who would give up all that, for Jesus?

Ben, WLG was referring to the Pharisees imaginary Spiritual wealth.

Also, they had a deep say in synagogue matters. This was also what WLG was talking about.

Last edited:

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned
The Lord Jesus Christ is the best friend you will ever have, and he is certainly NOT your brother.

Analogy. Point taken. It was in reference to Jesus revealing Himself as the brother of humanity.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
The Lord Jesus Christ is the best friend you will ever have, and he is certainly NOT your brother.

Jesus said to her, "Do not cling to Me for I have not yet ascended to My Father, but go to My brethren and say to them, 'I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God.'" (John 20:17)​

Persons who have the same father are siblings.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Jesus said to her, "Do not cling to Me for I have not yet ascended to My Father, but go to My brethren and say to them, 'I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God.'" (John 20:17)​

Anybody who thanks a post like this is a blithering idiot or after forum stats. Either way, pathetic.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Anybody who thanks a post like this is a blithering idiot or after forum stats. Either way, pathetic.

Anybody who doesn't believe what Jesus said is a blithering idiot or after forum stats. Either way, pathetic.

:sigh:

Right Divider

Body part

He was speaking to members of the nation of Israel.

Exod 4:22-24 (AKJV/PCE)
(4:22) And thou shalt say unto Pharaoh, Thus saith the LORD, Israel [is] my son, [even] my firstborn: (4:23) And I say unto thee, Let my son go, that he may serve me: and if thou refuse to let him go, behold, I will slay thy son, [even] thy firstborn. (4:24) ¶ And it came to pass by the way in the inn, that the LORD met him, and sought to kill him.

This is why Jesus taught THEM to pray "OUR Father".

Nameless.In.Grace

BANNED
Banned

Sup Nick.

Jamie and I scuffle quite a bit.

It's my way of showing good sportsmanship and a lack of hard feelings.

Also, Jamie is pointing out that Jesus is our most intimate relationship, as He has shown Himself to be every possible relationship to us throughout scripture.

Do you disagree with this?

Ben Masada

Only if you are a necromancer; I mean, from the people who have a friendly relationship with the dead. Jesus is dead and there is nothing we can do because his own gospel, the Tanach, says that once dead no one will ever return from the grave. (II Samuel 12:23; Isaiah 26:14; Job 7:9; etc.

Ben Masada

This is just a wild guess, as to verses 7 and 8. However unlikely some of you may find this, it could be that Paul found in the Lord Jesus, beginning with a blinding light and voice out of nowhere, the One who offers eternal life, a way to get to know the glory of God, be a friend of and learn of the Creator of the vast universe, learn the mind of that Almighty God of creation, and go on to glory, to live, forever, in the beauty of His paradise, the joy of knowing all things wonderful and glorious the Lord Jesus offers His, knowing the very God he only previously had read about.

So, here's the point. I'm thinking Paul probably found this more compelling, than sitting around with a bunch of other vainglorious Pharisees only a mother could love, discussing what to do about the pidgeon crap problem around the booths outside the temple, or what nasty things they could do to people preaching the horrors of God's love and grace, choking on road dust, trying to roundup Christians, looking forward to, after that, dying and going to hell. I mean, who would give up all that, for Jesus?

There is absolutely nothing eternal about man and Jesus could not contradict the Word of God by promising eternal life to any one. He was a Jew and he knew only too well about this. Then for evidence, when Adam & Eve were banished from the Garden of Eden, the reason was to prevent them from eating of the tree of life and live forever. (Genesis 3:22) Why? Because life everlasting belongs with HaShem only.