PastorKevin's SPOTD 6-01-07

Status
Not open for further replies.

PKevman

The award today goes to Pastor Bob Enyart for this:

Here's an example of moral relativism and legal positivism...
Originally Posted by Steve Wetzel: This case could not have over ruled Roe vs. Wade... As much as I would have loved to see Roe v. Wade over turned, that would have required judicial activism - the very thing we have been complaining... about...

I asked a question that Steve replied to but didn't answer: Hello Steve! So, when did you become a moral relativist, and a legal positivist? Just wondering... the year that is. I'm curious. Thanks, -Bob

Steve's reply did not answer:

Steve, I have no idea what you're talking about, and I am really interested in your reply. Here are some suggestions as to how you could be responsive to my hope to understand:

* I know that moral relativism is wrong because...
* I believe moral relativism is acceptable because biblically...
* I am not a moral relativist because...
* I am a moral relativist, and that is biblically acceptable because...
* My statement above does not indicate moral relativism because...
* Bob, what do you mean by moral relativism, as you use it here...

These are some ways that might help us directly address my accusation, that you have become a moral relativist. I do not believe that you have held this position throughout your Christian life and from the beginning of your pro-life activism. I truly am interested to know, perhaps you can do some reflecting and recall for yourself, what year you became a moral relativist? I will give you my answer to this question about you: I think you were led down the path of moral relativism the year you first supported child-killing regulations.

In Christ,

Bob Enyart

CONTEXT

Status
Not open for further replies.