Paris attacks

WizardofOz

destroy the idol. Show the world that the false religion that holds to it, will not be tolerated.

Nuking Mecca will drive Muslims away from Islam? If Iran nuked Vatican City or Jerusalem or if a Muslim burned your church down would you cease being Christian?

Read the bible.

God would read the bible or are you being vague and condescending?

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Nuking Mecca will drive Muslims away from Islam? If Iran nuked Vatican City or Jerusalem or if a Muslim burned your church down would you cease being Christian?
I dont worship and kiss the vatican or my church. No issue for me.

I was talking about you, have you never read about the things God did for those who followed Him and told them to destroy the idols?

Islam exists because men didn't listen when they were suppose to wipe the idolatrous cultures out.

lovemeorhateme

I would tell them to get out first, that their idol was about to be destroyed.

Those who remained could claim they are martyrs, the seemingly want of all good muslim men (except their leaders of course, i never see them volunteering for the job)

so wouldnt that be a win win?

I'm not sure what good nuking Mecca would do whether there are people there or not? Would it stop people being Muslim? I somehow doubt that. Would it add more fuel to the fire and cause more atrocities like we've seen tonight? I think so. We won't win a war against terrorists by giving them all the ammunition they need to convert others to their cause.

I hate Islam. I hate everything it stands for. Like you, I hold to the view that a 'moderate' Muslim is like a 'liberal' Christian. But I just don't agree that being so reactionary as to fire nukes at Mecca will solve anything at all.

Nazaroo

I am sat here literally dumbfounded that any Christian could advocate dropping a nuke anywhere which would kill millions of people. Those it didn't kill straight away it would cause horrendous suffering to. Where is the love in that? Where is the justice?

:plain:

You pose a good and serious question.

In response I ask you regarding the book of Revelation:

When Jesus returns with His armies like Lightning across the sky,
this time to destroy His enemies and cast God's wrath upon the earth,
who are the millions who will be joining Him in the air,
and who will ride with Jesus,

... as unfaithful, unbelieving mockers and cursers of God
look up in fear of Final Judgement?

Aren't Jesus' pals going to be Christians?

And aren't the millions of saints crying out "How long oh Lord, before we are avenged?"
aren't they Christians too? The ones beheaded for faith in Jesus?

Is it wrong to ask for, and be in agreement with the punishment that God will meet out
upon the wicked at the Return of Christ?

Who is the False Prophet, and who is the Beast, whom God will be destroying?

Why are the nations called to gather in the Middle East for their own destruction?

Is God committing an error in Justice, when Ezekiel's prophecies are fulfilled
as their eyes are melted out of their heads from presumably radiation?

Something a desert nomad could hardly guess in 1000 B.C. ...

WizardofOz

I dont worship and kiss the vatican or my church. No issue for me.

And Muslims don't worship Mecca...

I was talking about you, have you never read about the things God did for those who followed Him and told them to destroy the idols?

Islam exists because men didn't listen when they were suppose to wipe the idolatrous cultures out.

God wants the U.S. to nuke Mecca?

lovemeorhateme

You pose a good and serious question.

In response I ask you regarding the book of Revelation:

When Jesus returns with His armies like Lightning across the sky,
this time to destroy His enemies and cast God's wrath upon the earth,
who are the millions who will be joining Him in the air,
and who will ride with Jesus,

... as unfaithful, unbelieving mockers and cursers of God
look up in fear of Final Judgement?

Aren't Jesus' pals going to be Christians?

And aren't the millions of saints crying out "How long oh Lord, before we are avenged?"
aren't they Christians too? The ones beheaded for faith in Jesus?

Is it wrong to ask for, and be in agreement with the punishment that God will meet out
upon the wicked at the Return of Christ?

Who is the False Prophet, and who is the Beast, whom God will be destroying?

Why are the nations called to gather in the Middle East for their own destruction?

Is God committing an error in Justice, when Ezekiel's prophecies are fulfilled
as their eyes are melted out of their heads from presumably radiation?

Something a desert nomad could hardly guess in 1000 B.C. ...

I trust God's judgement absolutely. I just don't trust human judgement which is as flawed as we are. We are not God, and we cannot presume to nuke countries claiming that it is "God's will".

I will leave you with this:
“You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbour and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect." - Matthew 5:43-48

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
I'm not sure what good nuking Mecca would do whether there are people there or not? Would it stop people being Muslim? I somehow doubt that. Would it add more fuel to the fire and cause more atrocities like we've seen tonight? I think so. We won't win a war against terrorists by giving them all the ammunition they need to convert others to their cause.

I hate Islam. I hate everything it stands for. Like you, I hold to the view that a 'moderate' Muslim is like a 'liberal' Christian. But I just don't agree that being so reactionary as to fire nukes at Mecca will solve anything at all.

Well, they'd nuketown your behind in a heartbeat if the could. While eating pita bread

intojoy

BANNED
Banned

Superstitious Muslims would take it as a sign. And might actually get that chance

Nazaroo

Personally, I would rather die than have millions of deaths and countless untold suffering on my conscience. Maybe it's just me..

As a king, David had to give orders in war, and have the deaths of both enemies and
his own soldiers on his hands.

Of course all leaders make both moral and tactical errors in war.

But Churchill with God's help saved Britain against the Nazi regime.

Leaders don't have to be perfect, or impeccably saintly to be in the right place
at the right time and occupy the higher moral ground in a conflict if there is one.

Its wise to be cautious, but not timid or cowardly in national defence
or even self-defence in your own home during a home invasion.

Its not wrong for a police sniper to kill a hostage-taker,
or for a fighting force to stop dead a wrongful invasion.

In any case, the Holy Scriptures declare that the Battle is the Lord's.

Even when evil people or forces prevail temporarily, it can be part of a larger plan.

Don't presume to lead, but neither turn away from your personal moment of test.

WizardofOz

Who cares?

Neither Saudi Arabian rich fools (easier for a camel to get through the eye of a needle)
nor US overlords ("Woe to you rich!...")
are allies of Christians.

Which nations should a Christian want to be allied with? Any at all?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Which passage in the Bible supports genocide? I must have missed that part...

You certainly did. However, defense against muslims is not genocide. We have no interest in their extermination. But they have one in yours. And I am willing to do whatever is needed against those that cannot be bargained with or reasoned with.

As for the genocide comment, I will now find out if you are ashamed of God.

Numbers 31

So there were recruited from the divisions of Israel one thousand from each tribe, twelve thousand armed for war. 6 Then Moses sent them to the war, one thousand from each tribe; he sent them to the war with Phinehas the son of Eleazar the priest, with the holy articles and the signal trumpets in his hand. 7 And they warred against the Midianites, just as the Lord commanded Moses, and they killed all the males. 8 They killed the kings of Midian with the rest of those who were killed—Evi, Rekem, Zur, Hur, and Reba, the five kings of Midian. Balaam the son of Beor they also killed with the sword.

9 And the children of Israel took the women of Midian captive, with their little ones, and took as spoil all their cattle, all their flocks, and all their goods. 10 They also burned with fire all the cities where they dwelt, and all their forts. 11 And they took all the spoil and all the booty—of man and beast.

12 Then they brought the captives, the booty, and the spoil to Moses, to Eleazar the priest, and to the congregation of the children of Israel, to the camp in the plains of Moab by the Jordan, across from Jericho. 13 And Moses, Eleazar the priest, and all the leaders of the congregation, went to meet them outside the camp. 14 But Moses was angry with the officers of the army, with the captains over thousands and captains over hundreds, who had come from the battle.

15 And Moses said to them: “Have you kept all the women alive? 16 Look, these women caused the children of Israel, through the counsel of Balaam, to trespass against the Lord in the incident of Peor, and there was a plague among the congregation of the Lord. 17 Now therefore, kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman who has known a man intimately. 18 But keep alive for yourselves all the young girls who have not known a man intimately.

Moses is doing as he is told.

Deuteronomy 20

10 “When you go near a city to fight against it, then proclaim an offer of peace to it. 11 And it shall be that if they accept your offer of peace, and open to you, then all the people who are found in it shall be placed under tribute to you, and serve you. 12 Now if the city will not make peace with you, but makes war against you, then you shall besiege it. 13 And when the Lord your God delivers it into your hands, you shall strike every male in it with the edge of the sword. 14 But the women, the little ones, the livestock, and all that is in the city, all its spoil, you shall plunder for yourself; and you shall eat the enemies’ plunder which the Lord your God gives you. 15 Thus you shall do to all the cities which are very far from you, which are not of the cities of these nations.

16 “But of the cities of these peoples which the Lord your God gives you as an inheritance, you shall let nothing that breathes remain alive, 17 but you shall utterly destroy them: the Hittite and the Amorite and the Canaanite and the Perizzite and the Hivite and the Jebusite, just as the Lord your God has commanded you, 18 lest they teach you to do according to all their abominations which they have done for their gods, and you sin against the Lord your God.

Like the muslims, they reject the offer of peace.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Personally, I would rather die than have millions of deaths and countless untold suffering on my conscience. Maybe it's just me..

So would you shoot Adolph Hitler's mother when she was pregnant if you were alive then if somehow you knew what was going to happen?