Paganism, Tribalism and the State: ligtbringer vs. Nydhogg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
I think the Thor previews have him a bit riled up. Either Thor or Valhalla Rising.:DK:

Vahalla rising is the one I was trying to remember...not much into video games, would rather go to the range and practice my skills, except for Bow and Long Sword, that I can do at home in the back yard in between onslaughts of neighboring clans.

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
There's another option. If the system collapses (and I hope it does) each clan will rule itself. Those who attempt to rule other clans should be ruthlessly wiped out.

Calm down now, that's just the jitters from playing video games to long. :chuckle:

The Celts used to put the skulls of their vanquished foes on display, to make sure everyone understood what would happen to would-be conquerors. For many centuries, it was a sound strategy :p.

What was the final disposition of the Celts again? Oh yeah, they were the baddest guys on the block until Britain got peeved. Then a bunch of them immigrated :luigi: to? Yep, the good old U.S. of A. !

Cull the would-be rulers until natural selection breeds the "bossing others around" gene out, I say. ;).

Isn't that the same gene your displaying now? :shocked:

MrDeets

TOL Subscriber
Vahalla rising is the one I was trying to remember...not much into video games, would rather go to the range and practice my skills, except for Bow and Long Sword, that I can do at home in the back yard in between onslaughts of neighboring clans.

You should imdb Valhalla Rising. It looks super intense.

drbrumley

To me what is Pagan is the state. As I said before, scripture is very libertarian in nature...Israel was very libertarian until they asked and demanded a King from God.

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

lb...

There is a blatant derail approaching for this thread.

Here it is!

My apologies, but your comment made me think of a question that I would like to ask you (as well as nydhogg for that matter).

What weapons have you used (or continue to use) either in practice or in combat, and what would you say is your skill with each?

Last edited:

lightbringer

TOL Subscriber
lb...
There is a blatant derail approaching for this thread.
Here it is!
My apologies, but your comment made me think of a question that I would like to ask you (as well as nydogg for that matter).
What weapons have you used (or continue to use) either in practice or in combat, and what would you say is your skill with each?

Any and all small arms (1911A1 45 ACP, M-14, M-14 DMR, M-40 SR, M-40AI SR, M-107 LRSR, M-16, M1918 Browning auto rifle, M1919 Browning Machine gun, M2 Browning machine gun, M60 machine gun,) and explosives ( all grenades, explosive, illuminating and gas) and my favorite=(C-4 plastic explosive, yeehaw!) that the Marine Corps has employed since 1964.

Also the broad Sword, Saber, various knives, Nunchucks, Kubaton and the cross bow just for fun.

How I rate my ability with these;

Excellent with the pistols and rifles, grenades and C-4 and cross bow.

Rusty but able to fire if need be, all the machine guns, and use the martial arts weapons...its been awhile.

I may have forgotten a couple in there some where? Why are you curious?

??? Are you CIA, FBI, ATF, DEA or just curious?? :D

Don't worry, all of those are listed in my military records so if those guys want to know, they already do. :thumb:

P.S. Forgot, some dirty old street fighting techniques picked up along the way!

P.S.S. also the M-79 grenade launcher, M-72 rocket launcher L.A.W., the M-40 106MM Recoilless Rifle.

Last edited:

vegascowboy

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Any and all small arms (1911A1 45 ACP, M-14, M-14 DMR, M-40 SR, M-40AI SR, M-107 LRSR, M-16, M1918 Browning auto rifle, M1919 Browning Machine gun, M2 Browning machine gun, M60 machine gun,) and explosives ( all grenades, explosive, illuminating and gas) and my favorite=(C-4 plastic explosive, yeehaw!) that the Marine Corps has employed since 1964.

Also the broad Sword, Saber, various knives, Nunchucks, Kubaton and the cross bow just for fun.

How I rate my ability with these;

Excellent with the pistols and rifles, grenades and C-4 and cross bow.

Rusty but able to fire if need be, all the machine guns, and use the martial arts weapons...its been awhile.

That is quite admirable, indeed!

Why are you curious?

??? Are you CIA, FBI, ATF, DEA or just curious?? :D

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Don't tell Nydhogg. ;)

Don't worry, all of those are listed in my military records so if those guys want to know, they already do. :thumb:

Well, they don't know about my microtech halo. :noid:

Arrrrrg...too late.

Nydhogg

As firearms go, I'm familiar with semi-automatic rifles, pump action shotguns, and revolvers.

I shoot well with a rifle. I can handle a shotgun, and I'm mediocre with a handgun.
In short, when it comes to firearms, I'm average.

When it comes to slashing, thrusting and crushing...
I'm reasonably proficient with a bastard sword. I'm very interested in Classical Swordmanship. I'm not the best fencer around, but I can hold my own.
Aside from that, I've tried the bow (I suck at it), the spear (with uninspiring results), and the axe and the mace for the lulz (If I ever charge at you with either, run to the hills! :p).

Hand-to-hand, I used to box. Stopped boxing after some nagging injuries, so I'm quite rusty. I guess i still could knock someone out cold in a pinch, unless my opponent is better trained.

Status
Not open for further replies.