ECT Our triune God

Pierac

Theos refers to the Trinity in this verse, as demonstrated by the subsequent greeting from Father, Son and Spirit.

Uni’s don’t study scripture….you and Gill already proved to us that you don’t even know how to use a simple Greek concordance!:rotfl:

We simply expected more intellect from someone who boasts to have paid $20K in taxes last year.

So your admitting that Theos does not mean Trinity in other verses? :chuckle: I'll leave it to your own trinitarians to spank you as they have done so in the recent past! :rolleyes:

I don't even have to post for you to make me look smart! :readthis:
Paul

godrulz

Hall of Fame
So your admitting that Theos does not mean Trinity in other verses? :chuckle: I'll leave it to your own trinitarians to spank you as they have done so in the recent past! :rolleyes:

I don't even have to post for you to make me look smart! :readthis:
Paul

Theos can refer to God, triune God, Jesus as God, Satan as a god, angels, men, etc. depending on context. The true God is triune, not solitary.

Lon

I totally know where you're coming from because as I said, I used to see it EXACTLY like you do for a long time. But then I just began to see too many Scriptures that spoke of Christ's Deity.

The reason I believe that Rev. 1:8 is talking about Christ is that in that verse, as well as again in three other verses He says "I am Alpha and Omega" Rev. 1:11 Rev. 21:6 Rev. 22:13
The One who is Alpha and Omega in Rev.1:8 is also called the Almighty in that verse.

Also the Bible teaches that God is Lord Rev. 21:22 Rev. 22:5 Rev. 22:6 etc
It also teaches that Jesus is Lord Acts 11:17 Acts 15:11 Rom. 1:7 Etc.
But yet Eph. 4:3-5 says that there is one Spirit, and also ONE LORD.

I believe that one Lord is God who manifest Himself in the flesh as the Son of God. Not a seperate "person" but simply a different manifestation of God 1Tim. 3:16
Col. 2:9 says that in Christ dwells ALL THE FULNESS of the Godhead bodily. All of God was not in Christ as far as volume of course, but all of WHO and WHAT God is was in Christ.
God Bless
This is good but then leans toward modalism (the opposite). Strike the balance where it needs to be without dangerous speculating. The pendulum of scripture points to one God on one side, and Son speaking with Father and Spirit on the other.

godrulz

Hall of Fame
This is good but then leans toward modalism (the opposite). Strike the balance where it needs to be without dangerous speculating. The pendulum of scripture points to one God on one side, and Son speaking with Father and Spirit on the other.

The poster is Oneness, not trinitarian.

Apple7

If you can not see that Jesus has a God then there is nothing I can say to get you to understand who Jesus really is. The world was made THROUGH Jesus by his father. He is a very high spiritual being. But I do not believe he is God friend. Paul says we have one God AND one Lord Jesus. God and Lord are not the same. One is the creator the other is created.

In Colossians, Jesus Christ is stated as being the causal agent responsible for the entire Universe…

οτι εν αυτω εκτισθη τα παντα εν τοις ουρανοις και επι της γης τα ορατα και τα αορατα ειτε θρονοι ειτε κυριοτητες ειτε αρχαι ειτε εξουσιαι τα παντα δι αυτου και εις αυτον εκτισται

For by Him all things were created; by that in the heavens and upon the earth, the visible and the invisible, whether thrones, or rulers, or magistrates, or authorities; all things were created through Him and for Him. (Colossians 1.16)

Three separate and distinct primary prepositions are used to describe Jesus’ creative power (i.e. “en”, “dia”, & “eis”).

Three separate prepositions were used here to make it crystal clear that three separate modes of operation are in effect at the same time.

In each case, the preposition is flanked by the masculine singular, “autos”.

The first instance of “autos” is in the dative singular masculine indicating that Jesus is the object of the primary preposition, “en”, rendered as “by”.

The second instance of “autos” is in the genitive singular masculine indicating that Jesus is in direct possession of the creative act – i.e. He is in complete control of it – and is attached to the preposition “dia” rendered as, “through”.

The third instance of “autos” is in the accusative singular masculine again indicating that Jesus is the direct object of the preposition, “eis”, rendered as “for”.

Thus, from this Biblical verse alone, creation is By, Through, and For Jesus Christ all at the same time…indicating, yet, again, that He is the Triune creator God of the Universe.

Pierac

Theos can refer to God, triune God, Jesus as God, Satan as a god, angels, men, etc. depending on context. The true God is triune, not solitary.

Thanks for pointing that out for Apple7
Like I said, I will leave it up to a trinitarian so show him the truth, thus my lack of a response to his post. Thanks for stepping up to correct his errors like I predicted. However, I thought you would aim your post at him not me, you know me who already agrees with you on this? :think: (Except for the non-biblical triune part) :thumb:

Man you guys are so traditions of men... predictable!:readthis:
Paul

Pierac

In Colossians, Jesus Christ is stated as being the causal agent responsible for the entire Universe

οτι εν αυτω εκτισθη τα παντα εν τοις ουρανοις και επι της γης τα ορατα και τα αορατα ειτε θρονοι ειτε κυριοτητες ειτε αρχαι ειτε εξουσιαι τα παντα δι αυτου και εις αυτον εκτισται

For by Him all things were created; by that in the heavens and upon the earth, the visible and the invisible, whether thrones, or rulers, or magistrates, or authorities; all things were created through Him and for Him. (Colossians 1.16)

Three separate and distinct primary prepositions are used to describe Jesus’ creative power (i.e. “en”, “dia”, & “eis”).

Three separate prepositions were used here to make it crystal clear that three separate modes of operation are in effect at the same time.

In each case, the preposition is flanked by the masculine singular, “autos”.

The first instance of “autos” is in the dative singular masculine indicating that Jesus is the object of the primary preposition, “en”, rendered as “by”.

The second instance of “autos” is in the genitive singular masculine indicating that Jesus is in direct possession of the creative act – i.e. He is in complete control of it – and is attached to the preposition “dia” rendered as, “through”.

The third instance of “autos” is in the accusative singular masculine again indicating that Jesus is the direct object of the preposition, “eis”, rendered as “for”.

Thus, from this Biblical verse alone, creation is By, Through, and For Jesus Christ all at the same time…indicating, yet, again, that He is the Triune creator God of the Universe.

STOP!!! NON-Genesis creation verse!

You think putting up a few Greek words makes you look cool? :cool:

If you Apple7 would actually stop reading into the text and start reading out of the text you would see this verse is not about the creation process! But about things already IN the Heavens and UPon the earth!

Observe in Colossians 1 that "all things" created are not “the heavens and the earth” as per Genesis 1:1, but rather “all things in the heavens and on the earth." These things are defined as "thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities." Not the creation as you so traditions of men suggest!

Don't you ever get tired of me spanking you in public? :chuckle:

I own you!:readthis:
Paul

Lon

Man you guys are so traditions of men... predictable!:readthis:
Paul
Hmmm, so I'm following man....

Who are you following?

I can't believe you haven't shamed yourself off of this thread let alone this website.

What 'kind of god' are you following? He doesn't seem to be the same one I'm following.

Why would any of us listen to perverted lips for truth? Seriously?
What in your 'right' mind would make you think that any of us would listen ever ever again? You seriously lost me last month with your vulgarity. I wouldn't listen to a thing you might say forever after this, filthy mouth.

Why don't you realize your tongue has discreditted you from conversation about truth, godliness, and righteousness?

Apple7

STOP!!! NON-Genesis creation verse!

Genesis is Triune.

You think putting up a few Greek words makes you look cool? :cool:

Actually, it makes you look stupid.

You already demonstrated this earlier...remember?

If you Apple7 would actually stop reading into the text and start reading out of the text you would see this verse is not about the creation process! But about things already IN the Heavens and UPon the earth!

Observe in Colossians 1 that "all things" created are not “the heavens and the earth” as per Genesis 1:1, but rather “all things in the heavens and on the earth." These things are defined as "thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities." Not the creation as you so traditions of men suggest!

Tell us all about the compound Hebrew nouns in Genesis and how they compare to the Greek...:guitar:

Pierac

Hmmm, so I'm following man....

Who are you following?

I can't believe you haven't shamed yourself off of this thread let alone this website.

What 'kind of god' are you following? He doesn't seem to be the same one I'm following.

Why would any of us listen to perverted lips for truth? Seriously?
What in your 'right' mind would make you think that any of us would listen ever ever again? You seriously lost me last month with your vulgarity. I wouldn't listen to a thing you might say forever after this, filthy mouth.

Why don't you realize your tongue has discreditted you from conversation about truth, godliness, and righteousness?

Thanks for making my point! Who said your were following a man? Not me... Your following the traditions of men unlike me... following the God of Jesus!

Pay attention... Mr. traditions of men Lon !

Joh 17:1 Jesus spoke these things; and lifting up His eyes to heaven, He said, (GOD) "Father, the hour has come; glorify Your Son, (Jesus ME! ) that the Son (Jesus) may glorify You (My God!) , 2 even as You gave Him ( ME Jesus!) authority over all flesh, that to all whom You have given Him, He may give eternal life. 3 "This is eternal life, that they may know You (the Father!) , the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You (GOD) have sent. :rolleyes:

So strange.... that you are the one who now appears in Scripture of being in shame... Not me! :think:

Your just as easy as Apple 7 to spank! I'm getting worn out spanking you kids tonight! Time to get some rest exposing your traditions of men! Aren't you getting tired of being spanked too! You can not claim to be God and then have one too! Jesus came to show you His God! This is why you fail! :readthis:

Joh 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him. Jesus came to declare HIM! Not be Him! :doh:

:poly::sherlock:
Paul

Lon

Thanks for making my point! Who said your were following a man? Not me... Your following the traditions of men unlike me... following the God of Jesus!

Pay attention... Mr. traditions of men Lon !

Joh 17:1 Jesus spoke these things; and lifting up His eyes to heaven, He said, (GOD) "Father, the hour has come; glorify Your Son, (Jesus ME! ) that the Son (Jesus) may glorify You (My God!) , 2 even as You gave Him ( ME Jesus!) authority over all flesh, that to all whom You have given Him, He may give eternal life. 3 "This is eternal life, that they may know You (the Father!) , the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You (GOD) have sent. :rolleyes:

So strange.... that you are the one who now appears in Scripture of being in shame... Not me! :think:

Your just as easy as Apple 7 to spank! I'm getting worn out spanking you kids tonight! Time to get some rest exposing your traditions of men! Aren't you getting tired of being spanked too! You can not claim to be God and then have one too! Jesus came to show you His God! This is why you fail! :readthis:

Joh 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time; the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him. Jesus came to declare HIM! Not be Him! :doh:

:poly::sherlock:
Paul
So a guy who has crud on his lips is trying to tell me how to think about God?

I'll tell you what. When God means enough to you finally, that He actually controls your tongue. Then you come back and explain these things to me, okay? You never apologized for being crude, as if it might be sinful and beyond the fleshly humor and poverty of it. When you do, get back to me, okay?

Pierac

Perhaps you should review how Jesus spoke to the Pharisees before crying like a baby here on TOL! :rolleyes:

Do you really think anyone here on TOL thinks your being righteous? :think:

Your own post exposes you.. Mr. Obama! :rolleyes:

Yea, your that easy to expose!
Paul

Pierac

So a guy who has crud on his lips is trying to tell me how to think about God?

Let's see?

Mat 3:7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming for baptism, he said to them, "You brood of vipers, who warned you to flee from the wrath to come?

Mat 12:34 "You brood of vipers, how can you, being evil, speak what is good? For the mouth speaks out of that which fills the heart.

Yep, I'm sounding pretty much like my head (Jesus)! So stop whining like the Pharisees and Sadducees about being called brood of vipers! It's pretty lame! Spiritual Sissy! :rolleyes:

So you ready to learn about God now? :think:

You make it so easy to expose you!
Paul

Lon

Ya know, I'm on nyquil at the moment but let me help you out (I know, it should incapacitate me from being any help at all, but let me try anyway)...
Perhaps you should review how Jesus spoke to the Pharisees before crying like a baby here on TOL! :rolleyes:
(you'd have done better to just said you were crude and sinned and asked for forgiveness)

Do you really think anyone here on TOL thinks you[']r[e] being righteous? :think:

Your own post exposes you.. Mr. Obama! :rolleyes:

Yea, you [a]r[e] that easy to expose!
Paul

I am a bit surprised that incapacitated on cold/bronchitus medicine has me beyond your 'righteousness' and 'spirituality,' yes. That does indeed surprise me.

Apple7

Joh 17:1 Jesus spoke these things; and lifting up His eyes to heaven, He said, (GOD) "Father, the hour has come; glorify Your Son, (Jesus ME! ) that the Son (Jesus) may glorify You (My God!) , 2 even as You gave Him ( ME Jesus!) authority over all flesh, that to all whom You have given Him, He may give eternal life. 3 "This is eternal life, that they may know You (the Father!) , the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You (GOD) have sent.

Now many times do we have to witness this uni-ignorance?:doh:

This verse mandates that Jesus is the only true God in the Greek, brother. However, you already amply demonstrated that you don’t know any Greek at all.

Zero.

Nor can you even begin to defend your ignorant position.

You don’t even have the skill-set to use a simple concordance.

Don’t quit your day job…

keypurr

This verse mandates that Jesus is the only true God in the Greek, brother. However, you already amply demonstrated that you don’t know any Greek at all.

Zero.

Don’t quit your day job…

That's not what the translators say Apple. You can be just as wrong as we could be, but this verse is very clear. Our Lord tells us we have one God. Just like he does. I know that puts a damper on tradition, but we have to open our minds to truth. We cannot alter his words to fit the traditions of men friend.

Ps: I quite my day job 15 years ago.

Lazy afternoon

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Zero.

Don’t quit your day job…

Trinitarian doctrine claims Jesus is the creator.

Therefore the creator died, but to get around that the trin says only the man part of Jesus died.

The trin claims Jesus IS and was the God/man from birth, trins says Jesus was 100% God and 100% man.

Therefore the trin denies the death of Christ. That is the bottom line.

LA

godrulz

Hall of Fame
LA does not know what he is talking about. No wonder he rejects a straw man view of the real thing (so would I).:hammer: