ECT Our triune God

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
I don't need to refer to myself as a trinitarian
I believe Jesus is God because our redemption depends on it
it is as simple as that
explaining the trinity is just an academic exercise

So... You resort to a childish (not child-like) non-academic exercise and declare there is a family of gods?

Arrogance doesn't require intellect. The most arrogant are the ignorant who insist on not knowing.

Explaining the Trinity needn't be merely academic. Again you demonstrate your willful ignorance.

I also notice you didn't answer any question I asked about your made-up religion.

Why not go discuss your family of gods on a dedicated thread? I'm sure many other reprobates will join in.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
you can't deny the Father and the Son
is
a relationship

And? Of course they are in relstionship.

You can't (validly) deny you're a heretical Tritheist who espouses multiple gods.

Why would you engage in a thread on Theology Proper when you (ADMITTEDLY) have no clue who God is?

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And? Of course they are in relstionship.

You can't (validly) deny you're a heretical Tritheist who espouses multiple gods.

Why would you engage in a thread on Theology Proper when you (ADMITTEDLY) have no clue who God is?

:doh: A trinitarian is not a tritheist.

Reactions: Lon

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
sorry I missed them

can you point them out to me?

They're a few posts up.

THIS is why the Latins are apostate, along with a growing number of modern Protestants.

You have no idea of who God is. You, personally, insist there is a family of gods.

Maybe you should google Herbert Armstrong and learn about his cult. You agree with him and disagree with the actual Christian faith.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Read his posts.

And you're not too spiffy on Theology Proper, either; so this probably isn't the best place for you to attempt to contribute.

A family is multiple beings. God is not multiple beings.

And your background is? Learn to properly exegete and interpret scripture before running off at the mouth. God is Father , Son and Holy Spirit as attested to by scripture.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
so we agree on relationship
but
you object to family which is a kind of relationship

why?

Why don't you at least access your own Catechism? Then you might begin to understand why.

Family is an anthropomorphization of God. I object because three humans are three beings and God is one being.

I object because you're a heretic outside the faith.

fzappa13

It's kinda funny the way long threads tend to reboot themselves ... that is, unless you've been laboring therein all along.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
It's kinda funny the way long threads tend to reboot themselves ... that is, unless you've been laboring therein all along.

Funny would not be the adjective I'd employ.

It's like talking about post-Doctorate issues and then having a pre-Kindergarten adult join with crayons.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
Because you are asking for something that is very difficult.

So... You agree with him that Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are equivalent to three human BEINGS?

You agree there is a family of divine beings?

You just have a vendetta because I'm not a deluded Zionist and am not afraid to oppose your racist eschatology fallacies.

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So... You agree with him that Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are equivalent to three human BEINGS?

You agree there is a family of divine beings?

You just have a vendetta because I'm not a deluded Zionist and am not afraid to oppose your racist eschatology fallacies.

No, I believe they are three different persons that make up the essence of God.

PneumaPsucheSoma

TOL Subscriber
we know more about man than we know about God
and
this is our only clue

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness

where do think is the best place to start?

Not with your stupid NON-CATHOLIC anti-Christian concept of God as multiple beings in a family with no Mother.

you keep putting words in my mouth

No. You equated God to three human beings.

why can't you just address what I actually said?

I did. You just can't know it.

you don't use the word person in talking about the Trinity

is there a reason for that?

Because a hypoatasis is not a person. English doesn't have an appropriate word to translate hypostasis.

Why are you even here? The discussion was far beyond anything you admittedly can comprehend. Why drag a long-standing thread down to the lowest levels of your personal heresy?