ECT Open Theism debate

glorydaz

Yeah....this isn't the movies pal; and blockbusters such as the ones you mentioned appeal to the lusts and desires of the flesh; not a good example for righteous judgement in my opinion.

When it comes to man judging man, mercy is justice.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

You just judged Clete you "pal".....that shows what a good judge you are. :chuckle:

popsthebuilder

Shame on you. You most certainly have judged me personally, and every other member of the body of Christ. When you attack the Gospel of Grace, and say it's a "do nothing Gospel", you attack all who believe unto righteousness. You've accused us of sinning, and even claimed we use Grace as as excuse to sin. I guess that just "slipped" your mind. :rolleyes:

To say you don't believe in the "doctrine" I believe in is a cop out. Just come right out and admit you don't believe in Paul's Gospel of Grace.

You, and all those like you, live in your little pre-cross world, and are quite content hoping to "endure to the end". That is not the Gospel of Grace, which you besmirch every chance you get. That "Do Nothing Gospel" is a Gift of God...that which you cannot earn with all your pious efforts.

What you DO does not concern me. What you PREACH does. It's not the Gospel that saves.
I'm only commenting to let it be known that I did not intentionally thank your remark.

Can you explain the gospel of grace to me?

popsthebuilder

It's not exactly MY Gospel of Grace. It's the Gospel of the Grace of God which Paul received of the Lord Jesus Christ. It's God's GIFT to those who believe. (Not those who "say" they believe, but those who are fully persuaded and believe in their HEART.)

Acts 20:24 But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.​

And, yes, ALL SINS are forgiven when we believe the Gospel. You should pray you get the same deal, otherwise, you'll die in your sins, and face God's wrath.

What you refuse to accept is that believers have been delivered from the Law...freed from the law of sin and death. You cannot charge believers with sin...try as you may. Now, THAT is Good News.
So who's hearts is the law written on exactly, if not the believers in Christ?

glorydaz

I'm only commenting to let it be known that I did not intentionally thank your remark.

You can remove it. There are little words down there on the bottom right of each post. Please do remove it. I wouldn't want anyone to think you agreed with me. :chuckle:

Can you explain the gospel of grace to me?

I could, but I've been suckered into holding the ball for you before, Lucy.

Danoh

So who's hearts is the law written on exactly, if not the believers in Christ?

If said law were written in the Believer's heart; their would be no need for a Bible, let alone; for the endless hit or miss.

Here - a video on how to properly study the Scripture...get that much out of the way, rightly, only then worry about laws supposedly written in the Believer's heart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiD7C6KYCd4&app=desktop

Acts 17:11, 12.

popsthebuilder

Temptation implies possibility of sin in general (humans) but not in specific (Christ). For instance, the testing of gold implies the possibility of things not being gold in general, but not the possibility of pure gold not being pure gold. The end of testing gold is to distinguish true gold from false gold. Thus, Christ's not falling in sin proves He could not sin. Since, Jesus is God and sin is rebellion against God, Jesus could not sin, for it is impossible for Him to rebel against Himself, unless His omniscience and omnipotence were brought into question. Thus, being human, He was tempted, but being divine and undivided in His moral nature, He was essentially holy and so could not sin.

Jesus is one Person. That person cannot sin, because divinity is sinless, and Jesus has a divine nature. Nor is it proper to say that Jesus "might have been able to sin in his human nature," because persons Will (or Act); natures Are.

Two wills implies two natures. Again, Persons ACT. Natures ARE. There is nothing strange about two wills acting in harmony. Your will and my will can be two wills acting in harmony. If your will is subservient to my will, or is guided by my will, that doesn't make it any less your will. The unique thing about Jesus is that it was one Person having two wills, each according to its nature: one human, the other divine.

For a temptation to be "real" it should be sufficient that it has an apparent advantage or attraction. So, for example, Satan suggests to Jesus the opportunity to "inherit the world" but in a way that avoids the very real agonies of the cross. How could this not have obvious attraction? In other words, how could this not be an actual temptation?

If it be objected that Jesus knew there was a better (best) option available by obedience to God, therefore no other options held any attraction, I respond that this view does not give due weight to the full human nature possessed by Jesus. The same objection could have been raised to Adam's sin. The same objection can be raised to the Christian's sin today. And even (to a much less degree) to the unregenerate in those cases where the "right" thing is plain and obvious, but people still choose the sinful option over one better.

No one who falls to temptation ever knows its "full" weight. Only those people who successfully resist a temptation know that temptation's full power. For they have exhausted its strength, and resisted. Jesus NEVER lost a battle.

As the many discussions of hypotheticals in the debates showed, you have to define impossibility as relates to Jesus and temptation. But here's the simple fact. It was decretally impossible for Christ to sin, for God had from all eternity decreed that He would not sin. The fact that Jesus did not sin establishes the preceding decree that He would not sin.

So questions about the intrinsic peccability or impeccability of Christ's human nature are all firmly committed into the realm of the theoretical. While they can be discussed in that realm, I think it should be kept in mind that it is only as a counterfactual hypothetical that they even arise; not only because Christ did never actually sin, but also because it was infallibly foreordained that He never would.

If we may aver that the elect angels will never sin, as did those who did not keep their first estate, and thus they are by God's decree unable to sin, we must further observe that their inability to sin is not intrinsic. It is God who sovereignly keeps them.

Christ however, is intrinsically unable to sin. Satan approaches to tempt but has nothing in Him (John 14:30). The Man Christ Jesus not only came forth from the womb sinless but He came forth from the womb as the Theanthropos. Jesus, the Person, having both divine and human natures, cannot personally sin.

Even the redeemed in glory will then be non posse peccare, will be so not by intrinsic power but by the will and power of God. With the God-man it is otherwise. He is self constitutionally unable to sin; He is God.

AMR
Can I ask;

Obviously Christ is GOD and Jesus was God manifest.

To you is there a difference in the eternal nature of the Son(Jesus the Christ specifically, as he was physically on the face of the Earth) and GOD almighty in that they are corternal and singular in Spirit, yet not retrospectively co-eternal in reference to the physical body or even the Word? What I am trying to ask is really two fold I guess.

Do you believe the Divine Spirit that filled the Holy Temple and vessel of GOD(the physical body of the Christ) to be wholly co-eternal with the Spirit of GOD in nature?

Do you make a division between the physical temporal vessel or Holy Temple/ body of Christ, and the substance there of(Christ/ Spirit of GOD)? That division being that one is wholly eternal and the other is wholly temporal.

Thank you for your time.

peace

popsthebuilder

You can remove it. There are little words down there on the bottom right of each post. Please do remove it. I wouldn't want anyone to think you agreed with me. :chuckle:

I could, but I've been suckered into holding the ball for you before, Lucy.
Show me how.
6b26a39ada9cea14a48bf7fd4455be17.jpg

popsthebuilder

Paul can !!! Try dusting off your Bible and reading Romans through Philemon for once. Read slow and absorb and contemplate every word because they come from God. You can do it in about 5 hours over the weekend. The best Christmas present you could ever give yourself.
Cute;

I read the Bible multiple times a day, often for hours, and was given discernment with Faith, not that either are any of your business. Just to let others know that your blind assertion was foundless much like ...

Please don't assume things.

popsthebuilder

If said law were written in the Believer's heart; their would be no need for a Bible, let alone; for the endless hit or miss.

Here - a video on how to properly study the Scripture...get that much out of the way, rightly, only then worry about laws supposedly written in the Believer's heart.

Acts 17:11, 12.
Soooo....you deny that the law of the Spirit is written on the hearts and minds of the believer?

popsthebuilder

Paul can !!! Try dusting off your Bible and reading Romans through Philemon for once. Read slow and absorb and contemplate every word because they come from God. You can do it in about 5 hours over the weekend. The best Christmas present you could ever give yourself.
Bit if she understands it then she should be able to explain it.

Danoh

Soooo....you deny that the law of the Spirit is written on the hearts and minds of the believer?

That is not my understanding of that; no.

Colossians 3:16 Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.

Obviously, our study approach greatly differs.

Mine is very much like this one...

And Rom. 5: 6-8 towards ya.

glorydaz

Yep, or he could simply listen to JR, RD, and other believers on this site. But, he don't listen any better than the other workers do. They are just too enamoured with themselves to ever give God ALL THE GLORY. Poor lost souls. Time is running out, and they dither.

glorydaz

Bit if she understands it then she should be able to explain it.

I have, others have, and you spit on it. It's just too easy for pride-filled man to receive. Salvation is a gift you can not work for or earn. Saved by Grace through faith....not of yourselves...it is a Gift.

Believers have entered into rest. :cloud9:

Workers have not. They still strive, and worry, and dither, and accuse others of sin. :sigh:

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
You mean Philippians?