Open Letter to Dr. James Dobson

Steve Wetzel

Steve, thanks for dropping by! I've been a regular visitor of mttu.com for about 8-9 years now. Thank you for all the work you do.

Yes, the church has failed, and babies continue to die because of it. However, one of the ways the church fails is due to misinformation.

If we don't show graphic photos, we fail.
If we don't protest, we fail.
If we don't pray, we fail.
but
If we miseducate the Christians and public, then we also fail. Dobson has done just that. Focus has openly misled the public regarding this ruling. Because of that, Christians everywhere think that there are pro-life judges on the bench, and that is simply not true.

Thoughts?

Awesome brother! MTTU.COM is in the midst of change. Not the "Abortion Gallery" (which is the heavy hitter of the web site) but the rest of the web site. I am looking for the next "U-tube" ... the next cutting edge technology. Right now I am leaning towards a U-Tube - except videos, music with choices - an interactive U-Tube. Trust me, I will have to stretch myself big time to pull that off!!!

I am late to this party with Dobson. After so many defeats I think any kind of victory is a good thing. I was shocked they could pull a judge from the other side over. That being said, it does not make him prolife.

Dunno what Dobson has said that has made every one so mad. Our Supreme Court is not prolife, and needs another prolife judge with a proabort leaving to change things. I'd be happier with two or three.

Still ... this reminds of the 80's when Reagan was in office. Prolifers relaxed and said, "We have the Supreme Court now." That didn't exactly pan out, as I feared. I have always believed that the Church is to be the vehicle of change - not the politicians or judges.

If Dobson is saying we have enough prolife judges to over turn Roe v Wade, then he is simply wrong. If Dobson said that this was a good decision in our favor, he is correct. It is a step - just a step in the right direction.

Keep in mind that this case was only about *one* particular way to kill babies. It had nothing to do with all the other ways - and the other possible ways babies can be killed.

Was it a big victory? No. Still - it was something. Something we have not seen in a long time.

Steve

"Semper Fidelis"
USMC 79-82

PKevman

Awesome brother! MTTU.COM is in the midst of change. Not the "Abortion Gallery" (which is the heavy hitter of the web site) but the rest of the web site. I am looking for the next "U-tube" ... the next cutting edge technology. Right now I am leaning towards a U-Tube - except videos, music with choices - an interactive U-Tube. Trust me, I will have to stretch myself big time to pull that off!!!

I am late to this party with Dobson. After so many defeats I think any kind of victory is a good thing. I was shocked they could pull a judge from the other side over. That being said, it does not make him prolife.

Dunno what Dobson has said that has made every one so mad. Our Supreme Court is not prolife, and needs another prolife judge with a proabort leaving to change things. I'd be happier with two or three.

Still ... this reminds of the 80's when Reagan was in office. Prolifers relaxed and said, "We have the Supreme Court now." That didn't exactly pan out, as I feared. I have always believed that the Church is to be the vehicle of change - not the politicians or judges.

If Dobson is saying we have enough prolife judges to over turn Roe v Wade, then he is simply wrong. If Dobson said that this was a good decision in our favor, he is correct. It is a step - just a step in the right direction.

Keep in mind that this case was only about *one* particular way to kill babies. It had nothing to do with all the other ways - and the other possible ways babies can be killed.

Was it a big victory? No. Still - it was something. Something we have not seen in a long time.

Steve

"Semper Fidelis"
USMC 79-82

Hi Steve. Could you please share with us what the victory was exactly? From the ruling itself? You do realize that this ruling is not actually a ban don't you?

Granite

Hall of Fame
This infighting won't change a thing, of course, and when all's said and done nothing has fundamentally changed at all when it comes to abortion in the United States.

Bob Enyart

Deceased
Staff member
Administrator
Steve Wetzel, mttu.com

Steve Wetzel, mttu.com

This case could not have over ruled Roe vs. Wade... As much as I would have loved to see Roe v. Wade over turned, that would have required judicial activism - the very thing we have been complaining... about...

Hello Steve! Glad to meet you here on TOL.

So, when did you become a moral relativist, and a legal positivist?

Just wondering... the year that is. I'm curious.

Thanks,

-Bob Enyart

Steve Wetzel

Hello Steve! Glad to meet you here on TOL.

So, when did you become a moral relativist, and a legal positivist?

Just wondering... the year that is. I'm curious.

Thanks,

-Bob Enyart

Errr ... that would be 10 November 1775 to be exact - the birth of the Marine Corps.

Abortion didn't just happen in 1973. It was incrementally established over 4 years or more. To think this can be overturned with one fell legal swoop, is wishful thinking. Abortion must be decontructed the same way it was constructed *IF* the legal system is even the way to do it. I still have my doubts it can happen legally, as it is the Church's responsibility to be the light, not our judges.

*We* are to blame - you and I because we have not done enough. We have failed to be the light that God has called us to be.

(Bet that opens a can of worms ...)

Steve
mttu.com

PKevman

Hi Steve, I am going to assume you missed my question. Can you please share with us what the pro-life victory is in this ruling?

Steve Wetzel

Hi Steve, I am going to assume you missed my question. Can you please share with us what the pro-life victory is in this ruling?

I would not call it a victory. They more or less just tossed us a bone. Still - that is more then what we had, and can be built upon. Sure there are a thousand ways abortionists can change their techniques, still this is one out of the way - one that precedent can be built upon. There was zero before.

That being said, I will not be holding my breath waiting for it to happen, and doubt it will This falls squarely on the Church through Jesus Christ to cut out their stoney hearts, and replace it with a heart of flesh.

Was it a victory? Nah - just a step.

Steve
mttu.com

Adam

Hall of Fame

Steve
mttu.com
Based on that logic, I have a couple questions for you.

Pretend for a moment that it's World War II and the Jews are in the concentration camps. Nearby, some Christian churches are actually able to persuade the government to outlaw gassing of the Jews. Would the Jews run around in excitement to learn that they would no longer be gassed, but rather shot to death?

Or, would it be OK with you if a young thief admitted to you that he wasn't going to stop stealing entirely, rather, he was just going to stop stealing TVs?

If you can honestly answer those questions, don't you believe that the question over this ruling would have the same answer?

Pastor Adam C. Briggs
Damascus Road Bible Fellowship
Goshen, IN

Steve Wetzel

Based on that logic, I have a couple questions for you.

Pretend for a moment that it's World War II and the Jews are in the concentration camps. Nearby, some Christian churches are actually able to persuade the government to outlaw gassing of the Jews. Would the Jews run around in excitement to learn that they would no longer be gassed, but rather shot to death?

Or, would it be OK with you if a young thief admitted to you that he wasn't going to stop stealing entirely, rather, he was just going to stop stealing TVs?

If you can honestly answer those questions, don't you believe that the question over this ruling would have the same answer?

Pastor Adam C. Briggs
Damascus Road Bible Fellowship
Goshen, IN

Pastor, I agree. I agree that this is no victory as long as babies are being killed. We eliminated one way babies can be killed. It is a "stepping stone" nothing more - and that if only you believe that the legal system is the way to end abortion. I do not. It falls to us - yet I refuse to ignore the possibility the legal system just could work. Highly doubtful, but could.

I understand the arguments Pastor. Have been there and done it. I have done my jail time in defending unborn babies. I understand this waaaay beyond a mere theological argument.

I don't understand where the beef is. You are complaining about the bone we were tossed? We have a bone. Let's build upon that bone, and make a meal out of it. Let's end abortion instead of whining that the bone was not enough.

Pastor - let's take these same Jews you speak of ... tell me how much **you** have personally suffered to save them! How much have you been inconvinced to save them????

There is theological, and then there is the place the rubber meets the road. Tell me of YOUR road Pastor please.

Steve
mttu.com

Last edited:

PKevman

I would not call it a victory. They more or less just tossed us a bone. Still - that is more then what we had, and can be built upon. Sure there are a thousand ways abortionists can change their techniques, still this is one out of the way - one that precedent can be built upon. There was zero before.

That being said, I will not be holding my breath waiting for it to happen, and doubt it will This falls squarely on the Church through Jesus Christ to cut out their stoney hearts, and replace it with a heart of flesh.

Steve
mttu.com

Ok Steve, but previously my friend you had said it was a victory. Ok so now it is just a "step", a "bone"?

Please share with us what the step was, so that we can all rejoice together.

Steve Wetzel

Ok Steve, but previously my friend you had said it was a victory. Ok so now it is just a "step", a "bone"?

Please share with us what the step was, so that we can all rejoice together.

You are being redundant. If there is something you would like to say, please spit it out. Anything less and you waste my time.

Thank you.

Steve
mttu.com

PKevman

You are being redundant. If there is something you would like to say, please spit it out. Anything less and you waste my time.

Thank you.

Steve
mttu.com

No, actually I am wanting to know FROM YOU what you view to be the "step" or the "bone" or the "victory" in this ruling. What is it? What positive has come from this ruling to impact the lives of unborn children being aborted? Especially considering the amount of money spent on it, and the amount that was donated to pro-life organizations over the past few years?

And considering how it was so greatly hailed and rejoiced about as a great victory?

Steve Wetzel

No, actually I am wanting to know FROM YOU what you view to be the "step" or the "bone" or the "victory" in this ruling. What is it? What positive has come from this ruling to impact the lives of unborn children being aborted? Especially considering the amount of money spent on it, and the amount that was donated to pro-life organizations over the past few years?

And considering how it was so greatly hailed and rejoiced about as a great victory?

I will not quibble with you over words. Those of us who have been battling abortion for decades realize that any victory is a big. If one way of killing a baby can be banned - then so can two. If two - so can 5 or 10 - until we finally rid this nation of child sacrifice.

Was this ruling a big step in the right direction? Yes. Will it effect the babies who are dying right now? Only a few - but it lays the ground work for more to be saved in the future.

Do you understand that this is the first time *any* type of abortion ban has been upheld??? Do you get that???

More in the $$ spent in my next post ...

Steve

Steve Wetzel

And let me also add Steve, that I praise the Lord for your efforts for the cause of the unborn!

UGGGH! I am not liking this new operating system - Windows Vista. I was in the middle of giving a second response when it crashed on me. Grrrrrrrrr .....

Gang - avoid Vista like the plague - say until service pack 2 comes out. (service pack *1* is not out yet).

Bill Gates is the anti-Christ ya know ... just kidding ... maybe ...

Thank you Pastor Kevin for the above comment, but I am just an idiot. I figured if God can use an @ss, then He could probably use me.

let me post before this high end computer, 2 Gigs of RAM, 500 GIG hard drive, dual-core 2.6 Ghz computer crashes again ... UGH!!!!!!!!!

Have I mentioned that Bill Gates is the anti-Christ????

Steve

Steve Wetzel

I dunno that there is all that much money to be had in prolife work. We prolifers are the "lepers" of the Christian community because we remind the Church of its apathy toward unborn children.

This huge amount of money spent on PBA may not be as much as you think. Save a couple heavy hitters like American Life League and Human Life International, I don't believe the money is there. i believe this whole "Prolife Ministry vs. Prolife Industry" is a fabrication. There could be very small elements of truth to it, but very small.

Ya wanna see what "could" be behind it? See who is pushing this "us vs. them" - and see if they have donation links on their web sites. I could tell ya one thing bro - you won't find one on mttu.com. You could not donate a dime - even if you wanted to.

Quick post before I crash again.

Have I mentioned that Bill Gates is the anti-Christ yet???

Steve
mttu.com

nursemaria

What is wrong with this thread?

What is wrong with this thread?

I dunno that there is all that much money to be had in prolife work. We prolifers are the "lepers" of the Christian community because we remind the Church of its apathy toward unborn children.

This huge amount of money spent on PBA may not be as much as you think. Save a couple heavy hitters like American Life League and Human Life International, I don't believe the money is there. i believe this whole "Prolife Ministry vs. Prolife Industry" is a fabrication. There could be very small elements of truth to it, but very small.

Ya wanna see what "could" be behind it? See who is pushing this "us vs. them" - and see if they have donation links on their web sites. I could tell ya one thing bro - you won't find one on mttu.com. You could not donate a dime - even if you wanted to.

Quick post before I crash again.

Have I mentioned that Bill Gates is the anti-Christ yet???

Steve
mttu.com

Dear Steve from mttu.com and others who are upset about open letter:

Thanks for all the work you have done on behalf of the unborn. I do sidewalk counseling and helped with this ad. I am a post-abortive, single/teen Mom who realizes firsthand how devastating abortion is.

Unfortunately, I am not seeing any substance to the complaints regarding the fact that CRTL rebuked Dobson. This is primarily because the entire movement has become dependent on man's wisdom, also known as moral relativism and legal positivism. Dobson and other ministries who do make a lot of money from abortion related causes as well as other moral concerns have a lot to lose. NRTL gets at least $500,000 annually from the Republican party and is severely corrupted by it. They have openly supported a pro-abort candidate over the pro-life candidate. Ultimately, their pride is at stake.

We, those who signed the letter, hoped that Dobson would see his moral relativism. But he refuses. There are many pro-lifers who refuse, he is not the only one. Why is Dobson considered to be infallible? Is he Christ? Is he greater than King David or Peter and cannot be rebuked? By the way both of those Biblical men were rebuked. There is emoting over how Dobson has done so much. More the reason to get him depending on Biblical truth not a room full of advisors. How would our movement be impacted if Dobson came out and repented and said I am taking up my pledge again to not compromise? The momentum would be unstoppable! When criticism is leveled about the letter it is just about how we shouldn't pick on poor Dobson. He is a grown man and can handle himself.

There was a small ban in the ruling but, if an abortionist (people who murder children are known to be liars because once you start killing every immoral thing is up for grabs) has an overdilated woman and the baby comes out almost all the way, he can still do a textbook PBA. Or he can keep doing PBA and say that the baby just slipped out, oops!! Who will report them? Their well paid staff? Warren Hern, late term abortionist in Boulder said years ago this wouldn't stop one scheduled abortion at his clinic. How about Tiller? Did he close his doors yet? Why did we spend 15 years and a lot of money to attempt to outlaw this? How many pro-lifers think well something has been accomplisted and now they can rest? The ruling is a regulatory function, it states that the baby can pulled out to his navel and then his legs can be hacked off. If you read the ruling you should cry, become nauseous and feel physical pain. I did.

Please discuss what is actually wrong with the content of letter. Look how many ministries continue to fundraise off of this gruesome decision and did in fact celebrate it.

There is other legislation that shows how much relativism, not God's truth is part of the pro-life movement. Fetal pain act, sure it is great to tell an abortion minded Mom that the baby feels pain but, don't offer the solution of pain medication. How about Infant Born Alive? It just makes abortionists make sure they are good and dead so they won't be born alive. Who will enforce this so called ban to make sure the baby does not slip out all the way? Troy Newman with OR West cannot even get the Kansas law enforced against late term abortions.

We must follow God's commands in this battle. If we truly believe in God and what He can do, we follow His commands and He will fight for us. We should not decide what is politically expedient and use that as our guide.

As far as money goes, CRTL has very little. Everyone on the board is a volunteer.

Those of us on the front lines try to save as many as we can. We can compare this to the time Christians were living in Nazi Germany and hid Jews. Would we have said we can make some laws to slow Jew killing like kill Jews everyday but, Sunday? Of course not! So should we should make legislation that ends with "and then you can kill the baby?" If we continue to legislate marginal, small, insignificant laws we will continue with those results.

Should we celebrate this ruling and discuss how is it a stepping stone? It is brutally wicked and disgusting. Children will die a more torturous death then when PBA was being used. It also now goes back into the darkness of the womb. I am a medical profession and cannot stand to read or hear the details.

Thank you for reading my post.