Only One Gospel?

SaulToPaul 2

That was one and the same and belongs to the kingdom. You need to work through why the blow up happened at the Confession/Transfiguration. I don't see where you have. They were most zealot influenced who wanted an overthrow for a Davidic monarchy.

They did know he was going to die all along, but they blocked it out due to their zealot tendencies.

I've asked you 5 times to check this.

Jerry stands on scripture, you practice amateur psychology.
He's on stable ground.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
I think Paul preached the kingdom as did the Twelve. Why do you think differently?

Since I have known you it has always been lost on you about the Gospel of Faith in Christ, rather than His works and correct teaching and healing the sick. One is an earthly Gospel, the Gospel Paul perched was the Gospel of Grace.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Do you think that the gospel preached at Luke 9:6 was the same gospel which Paul spoke of at 1 Corinthians 15:1-2?

"Moreover, brethren, I declare to you the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received and in which you stand, by which also you are saved if you hold fast that word which I preached to you—unless you believed in vain." (1 Corinthians 15:1-2)

"Therefore, whether it was I or they, so we preach and so you believed. (1 Corinthians 15:11)

Why do you believe Jesus had one group preach one message and a different group preach a different message?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Since I have known you it has always been lost on you about the Gospel of Faith in Christ, rather than His works and correct teaching and healing the sick. One is an earthly Gospel, the Gospel Paul perched was the Gospel of Grace.

I understand you believe one group received salvation by keeping the law and a different group received salvation by not keeping the law.

Interplanner

He did other earthly things at the same time but there was no other Gospel.

Jerry Shugart

Why do you believe Jesus had one group preach one message and a different group preach a different message?

First, do you admit that the Scriptures speak of two different gospels?

At Luke 9:6 the Twelve were preaching a gospel at a time when they didn't even know that the lord Jesus was going to die. So it is obvious that the following gospel is not the gospel which they were preaching:

"Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures" (1 Cor.15:1-4).​

Do you agree with that?

God's Truth

In Acts 26:17 Jesus tells Paul he is sending him to the Jews and Gentiles to OPEN THEIR EYES and turn them from darkness to light

Note: Jesus came and brought light.

and from the power of Satan to God. How do you think Paul is going to open the eyes of the Jews and the Gentiles?

Paul is going to open their eyes by preaching to them.

Read what Paul says in Romans 16:25-27. Now to him who is able to ESTABLISH YOU BY MY GOSPEL AND THE PROCLAMATION OF JESUS CHRIST, according to the revelation of the mystery hidden for long ages past, but now revealed and MADE KNOWN THROUGH THE PROPHETIC WRITINGS by the command of the eternal God, SO THAT ALL NATIONS MIGHT BELIEVE AND OBEY HIM–to the only wise God be glory forever through Jesus Christ! Amen.

Paul also healed too, as Jesus did.

Acts 14:3 So Paul and Barnabas spent considerable time there, speaking boldly for the Lord, who confirmed the message of his grace by enabling them to perform signs and wonders.

So we see that Paul taught others how to live and he healed them, just like Jesus did when he walked the earth.

More proof that it is the same gospel is when you say Jesus taught an earthly gospel. Jesus came from heaven and promised the Holy Spirit to those who would obey his teachings. That is about spiritual.

God's Truth

First, do you admit that the Scriptures speak of two different gospels?

At Luke 9:6 the Twelve were preaching a gospel at a time when they didn't even know that the lord Jesus was going to die. So it is obvious that the following gospel is not the gospel which they were preaching:

"Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain. For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures" (1 Cor.15:1-4).​

Do you agree with that?

When Jesus came to earth, he taught the gospel, and he then died and shed his blood for that new gospel.

Faith in Jesus' blood makes those belonging to God perfect, even those who died before Jesus’ ministry on earth; however, they still had to wait till Jesus' blood was shed. The Old Testament righteous people who died before Jesus came to earth, they did not in their time get to see the promised salvation through Jesus Christ, the grace that was to come (1 Peter 1:10-12; 2 Peter 1:19; Romans 16:25-26; 1 Corinthians 4:1). Paul says about the faithful in the Old Testament times, "These were all commended for their faith, yet none of them received what had been promised. God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect." God's grace through faith in Jesus made the spirits of the righteous, those who had died before Jesus, they in the spirit were made perfect together with Paul and the other first Christians (Hebrews 12:23; 11:39-40). The Old Testament faithful were alive in the spirit watching from above. Paul says, "Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses..." Jesus also tells us Abraham waited to see his day, Abraham saw it and was glad (John 8:56). Abraham died, yet was alive in the spirit.

There were those who disobeyed and died before Jesus came to earth, though they were dead their spirits went to a prison, unlike the spirits of the righteous. After Jesus was crucified, he preached to those who were dead, he preached to the spirits in prison, the spirits of those who had died and disobeyed long ago (see 1 Peter 3:18-19). Those people who disobeyed and died before learning of Jesus...Jesus preached the gospel to them, so that they might be judged according to men in regard to the body, but live according to God in regard to the spirit (1 Peter 4:5-6). For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring us to God, even those who lived and died before Jesus.

You see, Jesus came to earth and taught those on earth. Then Jesus descended to the spirits in prison to preach to them, to those who disobeyed long ago. Jesus then ascended higher than all the heavens. Jesus filled the whole universe (see Ephesians 4:10).
These scriptures show there is one gospel that was finished by Jesus dying. What he taught to his disciples were that if they continued in what he taught, then they will receive the Holy Spirit, and that is what Paul did, he taught the gospel and people then received the Holy Spirit.

If there are two different gospels, how then did Jesus preach the gospel to the dead so that they could live according to the Spirit?

Interplanner

When Jesus came to earth, he taught the gospel, and he then died and shed his blood for that new gospel.

Faith in Jesus' blood makes those belonging to God perfect, even those who died before Jesus’ ministry on earth; however, they still had to wait till Jesus' blood was shed. The Old Testament righteous people who died before Jesus came to earth, they did not in their time get to see the promised salvation through Jesus Christ, the grace that was to come (1 Peter 1:10-12; 2 Peter 1:19; Romans 16:25-26; 1 Corinthians 4:1). Paul says about the faithful in the Old Testament times, "These were all commended for their faith, yet none of them received what had been promised. God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect." God's grace through faith in Jesus made the spirits of the righteous, those who had died before Jesus, they in the spirit were made perfect together with Paul and the other first Christians (Hebrews 12:23; 11:39-40). The Old Testament faithful were alive in the spirit watching from above. Paul says, "Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses..." Jesus also tells us Abraham waited to see his day, Abraham saw it and was glad (John 8:56). Abraham died, yet was alive in the spirit.

There were those who disobeyed and died before Jesus came to earth, though they were dead their spirits went to a prison, unlike the spirits of the righteous. After Jesus was crucified, he preached to those who were dead, he preached to the spirits in prison, the spirits of those who had died and disobeyed long ago (see 1 Peter 3:18-19). Those people who disobeyed and died before learning of Jesus...Jesus preached the gospel to them, so that they might be judged according to men in regard to the body, but live according to God in regard to the spirit (1 Peter 4:5-6). For Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring us to God, even those who lived and died before Jesus.

You see, Jesus came to earth and taught those on earth. Then Jesus descended to the spirits in prison to preach to them, to those who disobeyed long ago. Jesus then ascended higher than all the heavens. Jesus filled the whole universe (see Ephesians 4:10).
These scriptures show there is one gospel that was finished by Jesus dying. What he taught to his disciples were that if they continued in what he taught, then they will receive the Holy Spirit, and that is what Paul did, he taught the gospel and people then received the Holy Spirit.

If there are two different gospels, how then did Jesus preach the gospel to the dead so that they could live according to the Spirit?[/QUOTE

Jerry's assumption about 9:6 is mistaken and he won't take questions on it. He doesn't get the storyline of the synoptics and he doesnt' contrast them with John.

God's Truth

If there are two different gospels, how then did Jesus preach the gospel to the dead so that they could live according to the Spirit?[/QUOTE

Jerry's assumption about 9:6 is mistaken and he won't take questions on it. He doesn't get the storyline of the synoptics and he doesnt' contrast them with John.

The whole Bible flows together perfectly.
I think there are people who feel unsaved if they are taught something?
I can't figure out how they deny things that are plainly written.

Jerry Shugart

If there are two different gospels, how then did Jesus preach the gospel to the dead so that they could live according to the Spirit?

You only prove that you cannot understand the most simple things found in the Scriptures. Obviously the gospel which the Twelve preached at Luke 9:6 was not the same gospel which declares that Christ died for our sins. At Like 9:6 the twelve did not even know that Christ was going to die.

But all of this is way, way above your meager understanding.

Interplanner

You only prove that you cannot understand the most simple things found in the Scriptures. Obviously the gospel which the Twelve preached at Luke 9:6 was not the same gospel which declares that Christ died for our sins. At Like 9:6 the twelve did not even know that Christ was going to die.

Jerry has no proof that they did not know this at Lk 9. Lk 18 does not prove it. Lk 18 proves they decided to suppress it and/or that God needed to hide it so they wouldn't fight it.

Jerry is teflon to reasoning. He never answers questions, he just lets it slip. They had to know it was coming because of so many details, because of the symbolism, because you have to know something in order to suppress it, which they did, like people described in Rom 1. That explains the outburst of Peter, which Jerry has never done. Ie, he has never answered why Peter would blow up. You blow up when your 'plan' is found defeated by His, and when you know he knew you were trying to deny and block it.

So there is one gospel (Lk 4 quoting Is 61) and belief on it is how one enters the kingdom it was referring to, which grew ever since.

God's Truth

Jerry has no proof that they did not know this at Lk 9. Lk 18 does not prove it. Lk 18 proves they decided to suppress it and/or that God needed to hide it so they wouldn't fight it.

Jerry is teflon to reasoning. He never answers questions, he just lets it slip. They had to know it was coming because of so many details, because of the symbolism, because you have to know something in order to suppress it, which they did, like people described in Rom 1. That explains the outburst of Peter, which Jerry has never done. Ie, he has never answered why Peter would blow up. You blow up when your 'plan' is found defeated by His, and when you know he knew you were trying to deny and block it.

So there is one gospel (Lk 4 quoting Is 61) and belief on it is how one enters the kingdom it was referring to, which grew ever since.

You call it so right.

God's Truth

Jerry, when Jesus died on the cross, he went to hell/prison, and preached the gospel there.

Jesus filled the whole universe, the past and the present and the future.

He didn't do all that and then give Paul a different gospel.

Lon

So Chist in you is a myth then as is the kingdom being in you, you're disbelief is the problem not some exoteric future event concerning this worldly kingdom that is a mear shadow.
:doh:
That would include the wizard of oz in the same catagory a ...dream of life in figurative characters like Jesus who is a pattern of the divine seed in man when awokened to where it fell from.
:doh: :dizzy: How can you possibly have anybody in you that doesn't exist???? :dizzy: :doh:

Your divine principle doesn't exist by your own statements!! :doh:

You are a rejecter and not with intelligent objection. It doesn't matter whether I am nice about it or not. It matters if it is true!
Yours cannot be!

The Historical Jesus Christ, be educated instead of 'winging' it.

I spent more time on this than you think. More concern, sincerity, and prayer than you realize. -Lon

SaulToPaul 2

Thanks, Dr Phil