Only Jesus Is Perfect

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
True. But when I don't know somebody's past, I don't speculate that it was perfect. That's a bad speculation.

Perfect in the Greek means complete. In what way do you believe Jesus Christ was not complete?

We know, based on God's word, that he was without sin. (Hebrews 9:14)

shagster01

Perfect in the Greek means complete. In what way do you believe Jesus Christ was not complete?

We know, based on God's word, that he was without sin. (Hebrews 9:14)

Of all the authors of the New Testament that wrote he was perfect or sinless, which ones actually knew him his whole life, day in and day out, and weren't speculating like us?

The only reason people say he was perfect, or sinless, is because HE said he was. We are left to speculate that he was telling the truth.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Of all the authors of the New Testament that wrote he was perfect or sinless, which ones actually knew him his whole life, day in and day out, and weren't speculating like us?

The only reason people say he was perfect, or sinless, is because HE said he was. We are left to speculate that he was telling the truth.
It's called FAITH

dodge

Why! If I had done what Jesus did against the Jewish authorities or the money changers, I would be condemned perhaps to a long time in jail. But what Jesus did does not equate to sins or to a law-breaking act. You guys never cease amazing me!

Jesus did NOT sin by challenging the greed and callousness of the Jewish religious leaders He CONFRONTED sin.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

The resurrected Jesus was seen by many and his resurrection speaks for itself.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

Jesus Christ is the perfect lamb, without spot or blemish for the sacrifice on the cross

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
So you dispute Jamie's claim that he was only perfect as a toddler because Jewish law didn't hold him accountable until he was adult, and maintain he literally never did anything wrong?
Yes, Jesus never did anything wrong, what part of that don't you understand ?

Ben Masada

Jesus did NOT sin by challenging the greed and callousness of the Jewish religious leaders He CONFRONTED sin.

No Dodge, Jesus in the case of Mat. 23:13-33 confronted the sinner, not the sin. One cannot confront sin by sinning. If I am to believe that text, I am sure Jesus himself must have realized that the Jewish authorities felt deeply offended. Also the money changers resented the financial losses incurred upon them because of Jesus. Jesus was charismatic, wasn't he? He could have solved that problem with a stern glance of his eyes and not with hostility even physical hostility in the case
of the money changers. No sir, Jesus could not have been perfect. The point is that Christian preconceived notions won't allow you to be honest to acknowledge. At least, admit the case to have been a forgery and not true, and I am ready to agree with you.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
No Dodge, Jesus in the case of Mat. 23:13-33 confronted the sinner, not the sin. One cannot confront sin by sinning. If I am to believe that text, I am sure Jesus himself must have realized that the Jewish authorities felt deeply offended. Also the money changers resented the financial losses incurred upon them because of Jesus. Jesus was charismatic. He could have solved that problem with a stern glance of his eyes and not with hostility even physical hostility. No sir, Jesus could not have been perfect. The point is that Christian preconceived notions won't allow you to be honest.
Jesus fulfilled God's law perfectly, he is the perfect Lamb of God, you heretic

dodge

No Dodge, Jesus in the case of Mat. 23:13-33 confronted the sinner, not the sin. One cannot confront sin by sinning. If I am to believe that text, I am sure Jesus himself must have realized that the Jewish authorities felt deeply offended. Also the money changers resented the financial losses incurred upon them because of Jesus. Jesus was charismatic, wasn't he? He could have solved that problem with a stern glance of his eyes and not with hostility even physical hostility in the case
of the money changers. No sir, Jesus could not have been perfect. The point is that Christian preconceived notions won't allow you to be honest to acknowledge. At least, admit the case to have been a forgery and not true, and I am ready to agree with you.

In Mat. 23:13-33 Jesus told the TRUTH which the scribes and Pharisees obviously did not want to hear.

There is no forgery involved, and all you are doing is ignoring the truth to stay in lies and deception.

John 14:6 Jesus says, " I am the way the truth and the life and no man comes to the Father but by me". If you truly want to please God you must go through Jesus there is no other way.