• I have only shopped online a couple times

Votes: 5 7.6%
  • No, I do not shop online but I plan to

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • No, I do not shop online and I doubt I ever will

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

Mystery

I buy nearly all of our Christmas presents online.

Here are just a few things we have bought online recently...

Seagull Acoustic Guitar
Computer equipment and software.
Books
Golf equipment
Antique nails
Live Rock for the saltwater aquarium (we will be ordering fish soon)
Concert tickets (Billy Joel)

And I make my living selling online. So please buy online!

This advertisement does not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of TOL or it's partners.

Vaquero45

Hall of Fame
Mostly books that stores dont carry in my case. Also some games, and music. Bought jewelry from place in Israel once online. My wife buys stuff on ebay now and then.

fool

Hall of Fame
Must have been eight or nine years ago I needed a new engine for a riding lawnmower my Dad gave me (cause it needed an engine) and the locals wanted $350 for the engine not including install.
My wife (or perhaps she was my girlfriend at the time, don't recall) got on this here internet thingy and next thing ya know there's a box on the side walk with a brand new, correctly configured, just what I needed engine for $250 (B&S 5HP? verticle shaft)
I prolly made up most of the details in the previous sentence.
So I wondered what else might be available, TOL being one such find.
Online sites are where most of my research for big purchases happens.
A low profile beer keg coupleing is best found online.
As is a fender for an 84 Jeep Scrambler.
I would puchase everything online if I could.

FellowServant

DMV Princess
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I've done some shopping online. Mostly books. And a few things from ebay (homeschool material and things from my favorite British sit coms).

QueenAtHome

When we lived out in Yuma we did lots of our shopping online since it was cheaper than driving back and forth to Sterling or Ft. Morgan just to go to a mega-store (aka wal-mart).

We don't do as much shopping online now that we have more than 2 stores in town :) but I still like the convince of it all.

It is nice to go shopping in less than a 1/2 hour than it is to drive:car: to the store, get out of the van, go into the store, find each department that I want to shop in, go to the apporpriate stores, potty breaks, etc.

So yep we shop online and it is worth it.

swanca99

I buy lots of stuff online...

I buy lots of stuff online...

I buy Bibles and other Christian books online exclusively these days, as well as my military history books. I just seem to find the best bargains online.

I bought my Peavey bass and my large bass amp (Fender Bassman 200) online. Both were bargains - I just happened to have been browsing at the right time. But if I ever were to buy an expensive guitar or bass, I'm not sure I would buy it online. Both the bass and the amp had very battered boxes when they arrived, but fortunately the contents were not damaged. However, if it were a $1500-2000 guitar or bass, I might be a little leary about having it shipped, plus with something that expensive I would probably want to see the actual instrument I was purchasing.

I also use the U.S. Mint's web site to purchase proof and mint sets. At one time, shipping was free if you ordered through the web site. Unfortunately that's not true anymore.

PyramidHead

get a large portion of my music online.

Run Level Zero, Cruciform Injection, Infekktion, Necrophagist, and the likes can be very difficult to find anywhere else :chuckle:

Turbo

Caped Crusader
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I buy most of my computer-related equipment online. Selection and price for accessories from cables to hard drives seems to be much better online than in stores.

I have also bought DVDs, books, tall-guy clothes, and other miscellaneous items online.

And of course every year around this time I buy something from the TOL store for the Secret Santa. (I'll bee posting this year's signup soon.)

I just made a major purchase from Apple.com on Friday. :banana: