Online Prayer Requests

Breathe

I stopped when I read this, and said a prayer for all of you. May God strengthen your family, and heal your son.

You know how one thing leads to another, it started with Tom's gall bladder ordeal, that went well, then the Dr's saw spots on the liver, there would be biopsies. Next came the blood clot problem, it was traced to the liver. Then Tom called to tell us that the biopsy result was cancer, we understand that liver cancer is caused by another cancer elsewhere in the body...Tom told us yesterday the elsewhere is pancreatic cancer, we don't know to what extent, but Tom did say that the liver cancer is the lesser of the two, and the Dr's are going to concentrate on the pancreas. Tom mentioned something about chemo therapy, we also heard that there may be other examinations to see if there is cancer anywhere else and not just in the liver and pancreas.

Tom is 47, he is upbeat about this, I suppose as upbeat as a person can be, he says he feels strong physically other than this cancer thing. Tom's son in Indiana and his one of his daughter’s is in Jersey, they know about this; Tom's brother is there to help out, as well as Tom’s other daughter. Tom's wife's family is scattered, her mom and one of her sisters are in Nebraska, and her other sister and brother are somewhere in Metro-Denver.

It's a lot to digest and we do appreciate your listening ear and prayers for Tom. You all are praying people and are dear friends to us and that matters, for we know when family is scattered and things invade our lives, there others (you all) who are close who are caring, loving and kind.

Thanks for remembering our son Tom.

BabyChristian

You know how one thing leads to another, it started with Tom's gall bladder ordeal, that went well, then the Dr's saw spots on the liver, there would be biopsies. Next came the blood clot problem, it was traced to the liver. Then Tom called to tell us that the biopsy result was cancer, we understand that liver cancer is caused by another cancer elsewhere in the body...Tom told us yesterday the elsewhere is pancreatic cancer, we don't know to what extent, but Tom did say that the liver cancer is the lesser of the two, and the Dr's are going to concentrate on the pancreas. Tom mentioned something about chemo therapy, we also heard that there may be other examinations to see if there is cancer anywhere else and not just in the liver and pancreas.

Tom is 47, he is upbeat about this, I suppose as upbeat as a person can be, he says he feels strong physically other than this cancer thing. Tom's son in Indiana and his one of his daughter’s is in Jersey, they know about this; Tom's brother is there to help out, as well as Tom’s other daughter. Tom's wife's family is scattered, her mom and one of her sisters are in Nebraska, and her other sister and brother are somewhere in Metro-Denver.

It's a lot to digest and we do appreciate your listening ear and prayers for Tom. You all are praying people and are dear friends to us and that matters, for we know when family is scattered and things invade our lives, there others (you all) who are close who are caring, loving and kind.

Thanks for remembering our son Tom.

I love you. Read your profile where I posted something.

Life is so hard. Is your son a Christian? You have probably answered this somewhere, I haven't seen it.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Please pray for my friend Cheryl. You know that sometimes the pain can be worse than the illness. When someone asks for your payers, we do this without reserve, as you well know, God knows who you are praying for!
Kat

bybee

Please pray for my friend Cheryl. You know that sometimes the pain can be worse than the illness. When someone asks for your payers, we do this without reserve, as you well know, God knows who you are praying for!
Kat

Praying!

Psalmist

Blessed is the man that......
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Kat

We'll be praying too.

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
We do have more information, I'll do an update in a day or so.

Dear ones, your love and kindness exceeds what a person could ask for, for it reaches where the soul is and is a soothing balm to dismayed hearts ~ Psalmist.

This is what Tom is in for next....

The Dr's are still dealing with a few the blood clots, for which Tom is taking meds for. Tuesday Tom starts chemo, a cocktail of three aggressive drugs at one time, I think Kim told Violet that it is a 48 hour deal. Depending on how much the chemo helps will tell how much time Tom has. To do nothing and control the pain would be 2-4 months, there are three chemo treatments available, with time ranging from 6 mos to maybe 2 years, with the chemo that they are going to do they will not know the time frame will be for Tom until they see how much it has helped or not, so that will mean more cat-scans. The thing that concerns Tom is that they may want him to try non FDA approved treatment drugs, to him that sounds like research, and that doesn't seem promising at all, he doesn't think he'll do that. As for the size and amount of pancreas cancer, the Dr's told Tom it was a lot of little cancers, and only a few on his liver.

I wish it were better news, it is wearing reading about such. Thank the Lord for one day at a time, and anticipating His goodness and mercy, and the touch of our ever sympathizing Great Physician, Jesus.

We know you all have things in your life to deal with, we are grateful and do thank you for your prayers, kindness and support, how blessed Violet and I are.

Psalmist and Mrs Psalmist (Tom and Violet)

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Better days: Our son Tom and his grandson Damian

Last edited:

bybee

Dear ones, your love and kindness exceeds what a person could ask for, for it reaches where the soul is and is a soothing balm to dismayed hearts ~ Psalmist.

This is what Tom is in for next....

The Dr's are still dealing with a few the blood clots, for which Tom is taking meds for. Tuesday Tom starts chemo, a cocktail of three aggressive drugs at one time, I think Kim told Violet that it is a 48 hour deal. Depending on how much the chemo helps will tell how much time Tom has. To do nothing and control the pain would be 2-4 months, there are three chemo treatments available, with time ranging from 6 mos to maybe 2 years, with the chemo that they are going to do they will not know the time frame will be for Tom until they see how much it has helped or not, so that will mean more cat-scans. The thing that concerns Tom is that they may want him to try non FDA approved treatment drugs, to him that sounds like research, and that doesn't seem promising at all, he doesn't think he'll do that. As for the size and amount of pancreas cancer, the Dr's told Tom it was a lot of little cancers, and only a few on his liver.

I wish it were better news, it is wearing reading about such. Thank the Lord for one day at a time, and anticipating His goodness and mercy, and the touch of our ever sympathizing Great Physician, Jesus.

We know you all have things in your life to deal with, we are grateful and do thank you for your prayers, kindness and support, how blessed Violet and I are.

Psalmist and Mrs Psalmist (Tom and Violet)

My heart aches for you. This is a "One day at a time filled with love" kind of situation. My prayers are with you all.

Breathe

Psalmist, my heart breaks for you and your family. :(
Since there is nothing but prayer that I can do for you all, be assured that I will continue to do so fervently.

Ktoyou, I will pray for you friend. I hope she finds relief from her pain.

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Tom started his chemo yesterday, apparently it is a two day process, he may go home Thursday evening or Friday afternoon. He has a port so the chemo can continue at home.

Last edited:

Psalmist

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Here is our son Tom with his grandson Damian, a week since they started Tom's chemo. Tom looks good, but thin.

Last edited: