Once saved NOT necessarily always saved.

serpentdove

BANNED
Banned
Tell me what it feels like being a Christian, knowing that you can do ANYTHING including lie, murder, hate, hold grudges, blaspheme, fall away, reject God, persecute Christians and still be saved.?
Or have you lost your free will?
Or do you deny that words like castaway, fall away, etc. exist for you?
Don't you know that the end time says many will be tried and tested.
"Not all of the bible is written to us but all of the bible is written for us." ~ J. Vernon McGee

See:

Can a person live like the devil and still be saved?

heir

TOL Subscriber
Tell me what it feels like being a Christian, knowing that you can do ANYTHING including lie, murder, hate, hold grudges, blaspheme, fall away, reject God, persecute Christians and still be saved.?
Tell me what it feels like to spit on the finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ in your place and stand there in your self righteousness (Romans 10:3 KJV)? What you need is the righteousness of God upon you! Do you have it?

heir

TOL Subscriber
Christ spoke of this period in Matt 24:9 Then shall they deliver you up to be afflicted, and shall kill you: and ye shall be hated of all nations for my name's sake.
Who's the you? It's not you.
10 And then shall many be offended, and shall betray one another, and shall hate one another.

11 And many false prophets shall rise, and shall deceive many.

12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold.

13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved....

...implication being that those not enduring to the end will not be saved - and this is clearly speaking to believers.
Who was that written to? It's not to you.

heir

TOL Subscriber
...implication being that those not enduring to the end will not be saved - and this is clearly speaking to believers.
Yes, just not believers in the dispensation of the grace of God! You are in the wrong place in the Bible to see what God is doing today! The Bible says a lot of different things. They can't and aren't all to you! Those of us who have trusted the Lord believing the gospel of Christ "are saved"!

1 Corinthians 1:18 KJV, 1 Corinthians 15:2 KJV, Ephesians 2:4-9 KJV

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
"Not all of the bible is written to us but all of the bible is written for us." ~ J. Vernon McGee

See:

Can a person live like the devil and still be saved?

One of the two criminals on the cross was imputed righteousness, and he lived like a devil receiving his due reward which was execution.

Even muslims are not having their trespasses go against them. They can still be reconciled to God. Of course they won't, but that is another thread.

heir

TOL Subscriber
The NT is written to us Christians. Thus it pertains to us.
Nice try though.
Matthew, Mark, Luke and John...
Matthew 15:24 KJV Romans 15:8 KJV

And since you call yourself one, just how is it that you became a "Christian"?

iouae

You do not win because you are wrong. We win because we have eternal life

John 10:27-29 New Living Translation (NLT)

27 My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.
28 I give them eternal life, and they will never perish. No one can snatch them away from me,
29 for my Father has given them to me, and he is more powerful than anyone else. No one can snatch them from the Father’s hand.

Ephesians 1:13-14New Living Translation (NLT)

13 And now you Gentiles have also heard the truth, the Good News that God saves you. And when you believed in Christ, he identified you as his own by giving you the Holy Spirit, whom he promised long ago.
14 The Spirit is God’s guarantee that he will give us the inheritance he promised and that he has purchased us to be his own people. He did this so we would praise and glorify him.

Nothing you quoted here guarantees you eternal life.

Sheep have to listen to his voice and follow Him. Those sheep nobody can snatch from Him.

And having the Spirit at His return or death IS a guarantee. But that Spirit can be lost, quenched, or just plain run out like the virgins.

Christ speaks positively and emphatically and optimistically about all making it, but read the fine print verses with "endure to the end", "he that overcommeth" type phrases.

iouae

Tell me what it feels like to spit on the finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ in your place and stand there in your self righteousness (Romans 10:3 KJV)? What you need is the righteousness of God upon you! Do you have it?

When was it finished, this work of Christ? At the foundation of the world? At the cross? When you believed? When you die?

Funny that Paul never considered it a finished work in his lifetime.

Phil 3
12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus.

13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before,

14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.

Funny how Paul entertained the possibility he could become a castaway, yet you don't.

1 Corinthians 9:27 But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

iouae

Romans through Philemon (Paul's writings) are written to
the Body of Christ. Your opinion, not so good.

Ouch! I am scared to even ask you to explain away parts of the NT, but please do. Explain how the Gospels and all scripture is not given by inspiration and is profitable for....

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Nothing you quoted here guarantees you eternal life.

Sheep have to listen to his voice and follow Him. Those sheep nobody can snatch from Him.

And having the Spirit at His return or death IS a guarantee. But that Spirit can be lost, quenched, or just plain run out like the virgins.

Christ speaks positively and emphatically and optimistically about all making it, but read the fine print verses with "endure to the end", "he that overcommeth" type phrases.

I feel sorry for those of you who are not secure in your salvation. It must be fearful to think that you can loose your salvation. I feel sorry that you have no peace. Those of us who have peace believe that he has overcome the world.

John 16:32-33 New Living Translation (NLT)

32 But the time is coming—indeed it’s here now—when you will be scattered, each one going his own way, leaving me alone. Yet I am not alone because the Father is with me. 33 I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.”

The biggest tragedy is that you believe that once Christ has given you salvation that there is something stronger that can take it away. How deceived you are.

iouae

I feel sorry for those of you who are not secure in your salvation. It must be fearful to think that you can loose your salvation. I feel sorry that you have no peace. Those of us who have peace believe that he has overcome the world.

John 16:32-33 New Living Translation (NLT)

32 But the time is coming—indeed it’s here now—when you will be scattered, each one going his own way, leaving me alone. Yet I am not alone because the Father is with me. 33 I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.”

The biggest tragedy is that you believe that once Christ has given you salvation that there is something stronger that can take it away. How deceived you are.

13 They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.

Wick Stick

So neither the author or you could tell me what is the gospel of your salvation because you have none?
For you to ask that question... Either you don't understand salvation, or you are just trolling. Maybe both?

If you aren't a troll, and you'd like to have a civil conversation that doesn't start with backhanded accusations, then change your tone and we can talk.

Jarrod

Bright Raven

LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
13 They on the rock are they, which, when they hear, receive the word with joy; and these have no root, which for a while believe, and in time of temptation fall away.

You are so busy trying to explain away your salvation, why not try to explain your salvation to us?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
I already showed you the bride is New Jerusalem.

First of all, this new Jerusalem exists only in the spiritual dimension commonly referred to as heaven.

Secondly, a city is made up of people, in this case people who can't die.

glorydaz

Tell me what it feels like to see Christ as a revolving door? Tell me what it feels like to believe there is anything that can separate us from the love of God. Those who have been bought and paid for and are sealed with the Holy Spirit unto the day of redemption. Satan does so love fear and doubt, and he likes nothing more than to see it being preached. :nono: