Old Timer

Anapto

Greetings everyone and may His peace rest in all of you.

I’ve been around Theology Online since 2002- ish. I posted a lot more back then before it Re-booted and still look in now and then but posted mostly at CWS under “Stan“. I’m in my mid 50’s now and still an Independent , no denominational ‘ism’ of this sort or that.
I still study with a few like minded friends I met back then and we’re still growing and always looking for new gems in the Word so feel free to try and put some new wine in this old bag. :D I’m still most interested In prophesy and current events but like any subject of Scripture. If I reply to a thread with many replies already, trust me I only read the first and maybe a few more posts so direct me to any other post if I get/got redundant.

On a less serious note, I like Family time/gatherings, Feast days, going to the range and shooting any firearm, gardening, raising beef cattle (to eat), astronomy, playing drums, (and guitar but not so well) day/swing trading stocks, fishing every chance I get, NASCAR, Raiders and S.F. Giants. Whew!

Be blessed!

Anapto

Hi Jamie, No, I mentioned what I am. If I was something you could label, such as Messianic you mentioned, I would have said so.

1.Passover
2.Firstfruits (same day as Pentecost )
3.Feast of Tabernacles.

Passover was fulfilled by Christ but we're told to keep the feast. Keeping the Passover feast didn't change, just the way we keep it did. The other two have not been completely fulfilled yet.

JosephR

Greetings everyone and may His peace rest in all of you.

I’ve been around Theology Online since 2002- ish. I posted a lot more back then before it Re-booted and still look in now and then but posted mostly at CWS under “Stan“. I’m in my mid 50’s now and still an Independent , no denominational ‘ism’ of this sort or that.

I still study with a few like minded friends I met back then and we’re still growing and always looking for new gems in the Word so feel free to try and put some new wine in this old bag. :D I’m still most interested In prophesy and current events but like any subject of Scripture. If I reply to a thread with many replies already, trust me I only read the first and maybe a few more posts so direct me to any other post if I get/got redundant.

On a less serious note, I like Family time/gatherings, Feast days, going to the range and shooting any firearm, gardening, raising beef cattle (to eat), astronomy, playing drums, (and guitar but not so well) day/swing trading stocks, fishing every chance I get, NASCAR, Raiders and S.F. Giants. Whew!

Be blessed!

Hiya,
We have a lot in common, I am from rural country living style and love to fish and hunt, shoot and football ,, I play guitar and am prolly independent religious wise as well, I haven't kept any feast days , but I do remember the Sabbath and keep the 7 laws of Noah

I think it would be awesome to learn trading but never met anyone who really does that,

Glad to meet you and hope to talk later
joe

Posted from the TOL App!

Anapto

Thanks Joe! Country living is the best. I don't think I could ever go back to the city after being in the country for over 25 years.

Nice to hear from you.

Kind regards & God bless.

bybee

Hi Jamie, No, I mentioned what I am. If I was something you could label, such as Messianic you mentioned, I would have said so.

1.Passover
2.Firstfruits (same day as Pentecost )
3.Feast of Tabernacles.

Passover was fulfilled by Christ but we're told to keep the feast. Keeping the Passover feast didn't change, just the way we keep it did. The other two have not been completely fulfilled yet.

I have felt that since our Lord's first miracle occurred during one of life's most important celebrations, He approves of celebrations which have a communal sharing. Of course one celebrates life daily!
Families gather on designated "Days of Celebration". This is good for families and good for society.

Anapto

Hello Student X

Thanks bybee.

I keep this in mind regarding everyones celebrations ...

Col 2:14
Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances
that was against us,
which was contrary to us,
and took it out of the way,
nailing it to his cross;
Col 2:15
And having spoiled principalities and powers,
he made a show of them openly,
triumphing over them in it.

Col 2:16
Let no man therefore judge you in meat,
or in drink,
or in respect of a holy day,
or of the new moon,
or of the sabbath days:
Col 2:17
Which are a shadow of things to come
but the body is of Christ.

Whether I celebrate His death till He come (Passover) or someone else celebrates His resurrection ('Easter') I trust Christ will sort it all out when He returns.

Firstfruits will be completely fullfilled at Christ's coming

1Co 15:20
But now is Christ risen from the dead,
and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
1Co 15:21
For since by man came death,
by man came also the resurrection of the dead.
1Co 15:22
For as in Adam all die,
even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
1Co 15:23
But every man in his own order:
Christ the firstfruits;
afterward they that are Christ's at his coming....

Which are these guys and gals at His coming...

Rev 14:4
These are they which were not defiled with women; for they are virgins. These are they which follow the Lamb whithersoever he goeth. These were redeemed from among men, being the firstfruits unto God and to the Lamb.

The Feast of Tabernacles is really kinda to remember the Passover. I believe it will be wholly fulfilled at the end of the millennial reign of Christ at the "second resurrection" (in bold) here...

Rev 20:5
But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.
Rev 20:6
Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.

And those who have part in the first resurrection are His firsfruits.

Zec 14 is also documentation of keeping the Feast of Tabernacles after our King's feet touch back down on the Mt. of Olives.

Keeping The Passover is here...

1Co 5:7
Purge out therefore the old leaven,
that ye may be a new lump,
as ye are unleavened.
For even Christ our Passover is sacrificed for us:
1Co 5:8
Therefore let us keep the feast,
not with old leaven,
neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness;
but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.

Leaven could be false doctrine and as we see, leaven of malice and wickedness.

All are a shadow of things to come...

resurrected

BANNED
Banned
welcome back stan!

been here a while myself - so long i don't remember what i called myself the first few versions - tend to reboot every so often

lotsa oldtimers remember my koban days :noid:

some of them are kind enough not to throw rocks at me :eek:

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

Ah, good point. I take it you don't consider Messianics to be Christians. So be it.

The Feast of Booths is for natives of Israel. Were you born in the State of Israel?

Anapto

Ah, good point. I take it you don't consider Messianics to be Christians. So be it.

The Feast of Booths is for natives of Israel. Were you born in the State of Israel?

We're born from above (John3:3) but I honestly don't remember much about them, Jamie. It's been years since I looked their beliefs up but even if I were to discern them as a 'non Christian' sect, I certainly don't have the authority to judge that. That's God's business. But I simply don't do labels. A lot like Sissy, I'm my own scholar. If someone wants to label my studies, doesn't bother me.

But why do you think the Feast of Tabernacles is for 'natives of Israel?' You're gonna have to qualify that better for me. :D They were Amorites + Hittites before Yah gave Jerusalem to the Israelites. I do bear the marks of an Israelite, not that we're/they're to be high minded about that. God scattered the Israelites to the 'four corners of the earth". Right? The two sticks haven't been brought back together yet. Could be a fun study... Just need to know the history of their migration after the captivities.

The Feasts are for those who love God and know the truth. I call no man common or unclean in that respect.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Welcome to TOL and since this thread is to welcome you I'll start a thread on Sukkot to answer your question about that Feast.

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So glad to see you again!
We had some really great studies together back in the days.
Man o man, we could make each other think!!!!!
And since we're both still kicking, we can have some more great studies!

Anapto

Looking forward to it Sissy!

Did you ever see my chi xi stigma study from Rev.13:18? Something I've been working on and editing for about five years now. It's a hoot!

Instead of 600+60+6 =666 the number of the beast,

I show we're supposed to actually be looking at 22+14+6= 42

If you haven't seen it yet I'll post it so we can pick through it.

Anapto

Thanks Jamie, sounds good. I'm busy all the way through tomorrow eve but I'll look in. Tonight I'll start putting something together from the other thread we're discussing thats not so vague.

dreadknought

Did you ever see my chi xi stigma study from Rev.13:18? Something I've been working on and editing for about five years now. It's a hoot!

I spect you cannot believe in a covenant of grace, have at it. :D

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

I remember you starting that, and me asking why an obsolete number (stigma) was used. But that is about as far as it got when I was around.
So, I'm looking forward to seeing what all you have come up with.