Obeying The Ten Commandments

WeberHome

-
I've yet to encounter statements in the New Testament shelving Old Testament law. In point of fact, there are statements like the one below exalting the law

Rom 7:12 . .The Law is holy, and the commandment is holy and righteous and good.

However, I have encountered statements discouraging Christians from using it as a means to obtain salvation. For example: it's right for Christians to comply with the Ten Commandments, while wrong for them to assume their compliance will somehow spare them a fate in the lake of fire depicted at Rev 20:11-15.

Rom 3:20 . . By the works of the Law no flesh will be justified in His sight

Gal 3:21. . If a law had been given which was able to impart life, then righteousness would indeed have been based on law.

Gal 5:4 . .You have been severed from Christ, you who are seeking to be justified by law; you have fallen from grace.

Gal 5:4 is very bad news for Roman Catholics who've had it drilled into them from childhood that compliance with the Ten Commandments is essential if they're to have any chance at all of going to heaven.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
See John 3:3-8 and 1John 3:9
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

That isn't helping you. If you commit just one sin, you are a slave to sin. Death rules over everyone, even those who do not sin according to what Adam did. So what will you do to inherit life?

John 3 has nothing to do with the Body of Christ.

WeberHome

If you commit just one sin, you are a slave to sin. Death rules over everyone, even those who do not sin according to what Adam did. So what will you do to inherit life?

See post #3

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
There are many people that believe being born again will save them. The changed life is the devils lie. They are actually trusting in themselves.

I believe that John 3 is about Israel as a nation and they will be resurrected. Nicodemus, the master of Israel, should have known.

WeberHome

There are many people that believe being born again will save them.

According to the language and grammar of John 3:3-8, the spirit birth about which Christ spoke isn't intended to rescue people from the wrath of God, rather, it's meant to make them suitable for citizenship in the kingdom of God. (cf. 1John 3:9)

According to Col 1:13 and Php 3:20, citizenship in the kingdom of God is a done deal for people who've taken advantage of the spirit birth.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

dodge

That isn't helping you. If you commit just one sin, you are a slave to sin. Death rules over everyone, even those who do not sin according to what Adam did. So what will you do to inherit life?

John 3 has nothing to do with the Body of Christ.

Suggest you actually read the bible ! All of it.

1Jo 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

1Jo 1:10
If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

WeberHome

1Jo 1:9 and 1Jo 1:10

Confession is unnecessary in the kingdom about which Christ spoke at John 3:3-8 because according to 1John 3:9, the spirit birth produces progeny that not only don't practice sin, but cannot practice sin.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

dodge

Confession is unnecessary in the kingdom about which Christ spoke at John 3:3-8 because according to 1John 3:9, the spirit birth produces progeny that not only do not practice sin, but cannot practice sin.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

So are you going to rip 1 John out of your bible because you disagree with John ?

WeberHome

-
Back in early part of the 1970s, the passage below disturbed me quite a bit.

1John 3:9 . . No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

But then a pastor whom I trusted pointed out that the man who penned 1John 3:9 also penned this next one.

1John 1:8-10 . . If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

I had incorrectly reasoned that if I had really undergone the spirit birth about which Christ spoke at John 3:3-8, then I was supposed to be clear of the capability to sin. But what I didn't know at the time, is that my human nature wasn't displaced by the spirit birth. No; my human nature was left intact and just as active as ever.

So then, according to 1John 3:9 the part of me spirit-born is 110% sinless, while according to 1John 1:8-10 the part of me human-born is hopelessly incorrigible.

Well thank God the part me human-born is detachable and won't accompany me when I leave this life; and that's when I'm going to really appreciate the power of the seed spoken of in 1John 3:9.

Col 2:11 . . In him you were also circumcised, in the putting off of the sinful nature, not with a circumcision done by the hands of men but with the circumcision done by Christ.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

dodge

-
Back in early part of the 1970s, the passage below disturbed me quite a bit.

1John 3:9 . . No one who is born of God practices sin, because His seed abides in him; and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

But then a pastor whom I trusted pointed out that the man who penned 1John 3:9 also penned this next one.

1John 1:8-10 . . If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

I had incorrectly reasoned that if I had really undergone the spirit birth about which Christ spoke at John 3:3-8, then I was supposed to be clear of the capability to sin. But what I didn't know at the time, is that my human nature wasn't displaced by the spirit birth. No; my human nature was left intact and just as active as ever.

So then, according to 1John 3:9 the part of me spirit-born is 110% sinless, while according to 1John 1:8-10 the part of me human-born is hopelessly incorrigible.

Well thank God the part me human-born is detachable and won't accompany me when I leave this life; and that's when I'm going to really appreciate the power of the seed spoken of in 1John 3:9.

Col 2:11 . . In him you were also circumcised, in the putting off of the sinful nature, not with a circumcision done by the hands of men but with the circumcision done by Christ.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

There are two types of sin in scripture . ONE IS LINEAR_______________ the other is ............ the christian when convicted by the Holy Spirit asks God's forgiveness hence .... The lost__________________ does NOT ask God's forgiveness and stays in sin.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Suggest you actually read the bible ! All of it.

1Jo 1:9
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

1Jo 1:10
If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Did you build a 300 cubit long ark with the gophering process? Yes or no. And if not, then why not?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Not sure about that. Peter also talked about being born again, 1 Peter 1:23.

I am. Peter is looking forward tot he atonement of Israel. You cannot ignore John 3:8. That is the qualifier to know somebody is born of the Spirit.

The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from and where it goes. So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.”

WeberHome

Peter is looking forward tot he atonement of Israel.

The syntax of 1Pet 1:23 is grammatically past tense, indicating that the people to whom Peter addressed his letter had already undergone the spirit birth about which Christ spoke at John 3:3-8 before the letter was delivered to them.

FYI: The spirit birth about which Christ spoke in John 3:3-8 applies to everyone. His words in John 3:3 and John 3:5 allow no exceptions,

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=