Obama's inaugural address made me feel...

Obama's inaugural address made me feel...

• ...sick to my stomach

Votes: 6 13.0%
  • ...as if the world is about to end

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • ...like laughing

Votes: 15 32.6%
  • ...encouarged

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • ...like I am on drugs

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • ...like the world is going to be a better place

Votes: 7 15.2%

• Total voters

assuranceagent

It was just another campaign speech, only less moving and more scattered.

I got the impression he was trying much too hard to be profound and 'historical.' I think he shot himself in the foot with all the contrived 'sound bites' and one liners he included hoping to say something memorable. I was not impressed. But I did feel like laughing.

Especially when the crowd seemed confused by what he was saying and seemed unsure of how to react at certain times. Do I applaud? Or do I act awed? Or reverential? Why is this guy so close to me? And what's with that hair anyway? Does he think he looks cool? I wonder what I'm going to make for dinner tonight... :think:

Ack! I missed what he said! I knew I'd miss the historical part...:doh:

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Like laughing, then sleepy.

[taxpayer]I want my 140 million back.[/taxpayer]

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Confused. Is that how somebody strung out on drugs would feel? That was my guess.

He was contradictory. Much like Bill Clinton, talking out of both sides of his mouth.

PyramidHead

it felt like that instead of words coming out of his mouth, it was hypodermic needles that were filled with heroin that hit me in the eyeballs

MacDiarmaid

Like I was being talked down to by an elitist snob.
Please no one misunderstand me if you have read what I have posted about him. He is not my friend or my enemy. He's my president. Doesn't matter who won the election, America lost either way.

Ecumenicist

Like rolling up my sleeves and going to work, rebulding this economy and promoting the cause of world peace on behalf of the Prince of Peace.

I cried during Rick Warren's prayer, closing with the Lord's prayer as he did.

Newman

I laughed. I also wanted to turn it into an argument. I can't believe he mentioned the founding fathers and documents of our country in such a way that even hinted that they might agree with one small piece of his politics. Completely disgusting. Ron Paul 2012.

Oh, by the way, did you hear that Obama made an executive order (reversing one of Bush's) to fund overseas planned parenthood functions? WE ARE FUNDING NON-AMERICAN ABORTIONS! What part of that is constitutional? What part of that is American? What part of that is remotely ethical?

Ugh.

Servo

Formerly Shimei!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Like rolling up my sleeves and going to work, rebulding this economy and promoting the cause of world peace on behalf of the Prince of Peace.

I cried during Rick Warren's prayer, closing with the Lord's prayer as he did.

This is how the speech made you feel, but how are you going to accomplish what you stated? Have you been out of a job? Are you going to buy a t-shirt with a peace sign on it or something?

Ecumenicist

This is how the speech made you feel, but how are you going to accomplish what you stated? Have you been out of a job? Are you going to buy a t-shirt with a peace sign on it or something?

I was layed off last May, and I started my own LLC business.

http://www.emcdesigner.com

I'm now marketing my business more aggressively, trying to pick
up more contracts. Perhaps if things work out, I'll be able to hire
people at some point, but for now I'm on my own.

Also trying to be more engaging with people of other faiths, for the purpose of promoting Christ's messages of Peace and Good Will among people.