Obama Golfs as Louisiana Floods - More Obama Ineptitude

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned

Obama Golfs as Louisiana Floods

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/08/18/obama-ignores-louisiana-floods-golf/

"President Barack Obama has decided to stay on the golf course in Martha’s Vineyard, despite Louisiana getting hit by floods that are causing one of the worst U.S. natural disasters since Hurricane Sandy"

---- But remember this ----

Obama ripped Bush's 'unconscionable ineptitude' during Hurricane Katrina
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/f...tude-during-hurricane-katrina/article/2599641

Well, Obama is a Democrat and a Liberal, which means he is a two-faced liar and hypocrite. No surprises here.

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Obama is always golfing. He thinks he's Tiger Woods :chuckle:

obama-golf-in-chief.jpg

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Ok, so what should the federal government do that it isn't doing to help Louisiana?

That has nothing to do with the thread topic. The topic is: Why is Obama golfing when he should be down there rolling up his sleeves like Trump is. Leave it to you to defend callous stupidity.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Obama is always golfing. He thinks he's Tiger Woods :chuckle:
That's funny because Tiger is washed up, just like Obammy -

How many majors does Tiger need to pass Jack?

More.
Jack Nicklaus and Tiger Woods. Jack Nicklaus won 18 professional majors, an iconic total that has become the most significant record in golf, and one of the most significant in all of sports. Tiger Woods has won a staggering 14 majors, but his quest to pass Nicklaus has stalled.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
That has nothing to do with the thread topic. The topic is: Why is Obama golfing when he should be down there rolling up his sleeves like Trump is. Leave it to you to defend callous stupidity.
Well, rex was asking what the government should be doing that it isn't. That was at the heart of the inept charge with Bush. You made that connection, so you need to demonstrate what isn't being done beyond the President failing to use it as PR fodder and Trump, who isn't directing relief efforts, doing precisely that.

Meanwhile:

"While in Martha's Vineyard, the President has received updates on the situation in Louisiana, including from the DHS Secretary and the FEMA Administrator, who took separate trips there. The President today directed his team to coordinate with Louisiana officials to determine an appropriate time for him to visit, and together they have determined that the President will visit Baton Rouge, Louisiana on Tuesday, August 23rd." NPR, Aug. 19, 2016​

The President, prior to Trump's visit, signed a disaster declaration, opening the federal fund floodgates to assist those suffering the effects of flooding in Louisiana. Meanwhile, Trump has shown up in a campaign hat but without a declaration of any personal financial commitment to the relief efforts.

So there's no ineptitude on display, only opportunism against a less publicity savvy White House response. Now, as for the other candidate for the presidency, Clinton hasn't put in an appearance, though she did issue a statement:

"My heart breaks for Louisiana, and right now, the relief effort can't afford any distractions. The very best way this team can help is to make sure Louisianans have the resources they need."

Letsargue

Obama Golfs as Louisiana Floods

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/08/18/obama-ignores-louisiana-floods-golf/

"President Barack Obama has decided to stay on the golf course in Martha’s Vineyard, despite Louisiana getting hit by floods that are causing one of the worst U.S. natural disasters since Hurricane Sandy"

---- But remember this ----

Obama ripped Bush's 'unconscionable ineptitude' during Hurricane Katrina
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/f...tude-during-hurricane-katrina/article/2599641

Well, Obama is a Democrat and a Liberal, which means he is a two-faced liar and hypocrite. No surprises here.

LIAR And HYPOCRITE??????????
That IS No Way "N-E-A-R" WHAT ""H--E"" IS!!! -- Try The Most ""Cursed N-A-M-E-S"" POSSIBLE!!!!!!

PAUL, DAVID -- 082116

Catholic Crusader

Kyrie Eleison
Banned
Well, rex was asking what the government should be doing that it isn't.......

Thanks for the translation Mr. Helper. I read it the first time. Now, back to MY topic.

Where are all the cries about Obama's absence that you snivellers who voted for Obama were screaming about Bush during Katrina. And for the record, Bush also did all he could at the outset of Katrina, and for a while was blocked by DEMOCRAT ineptitude at the state level.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Town Heretic;47961[COLOR=#444444 said:
ening the federal fund floodgates to assist those suffering the effects of flooding in Louisiana. [/COLOR]

Very inappropriate :chuckle:

Town Heretic is such a baby that he removed - the federal floodgates are now opened to help those in Louisiana from the flooding

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Thanks for the translation Mr. Helper. I read it the first time.
You didn't appear to, so I went back and demonstrated the problem with your response to rex.

Now, back to MY topic.
His comment and my follow up went directly to your stab at a "gotcha" headline: Obama Golfs as Louisiana Floods - More Obama Ineptitude

The fact that you started something you weren't prepared to handle is as unsurprising as the President's fumbling of the visual/inspirational side of public response to disaster.

Where are all the cries about Obama's absence that you snivellers who voted for Obama were screaming about Bush during Katrina.
Feel free to quote me on the President during that time period or you're just doubling down on goofy.

And for the record, Bush also did all he could at the outset of Katrina, and for a while was blocked by DEMOCRAT ineptitude at the state level.
The fact is that no one was prepared for Katrina and the disaster underscored a need that would have been in play no matter who was in the White House. Bush made a similar political mistake in terms of appearing to be more concerned with his vacation than inspiring victims, but the fact is that he also signed off on relief measures in short order and was being informed of the ongoing situation as it developed, made preparations to visit the area as unobtrusively as possible. In short, outside of the response lessons learned and put into play after the learning lesson of Katrina, there isn't much difference between the two presidents in relation to the unfolding events.

Some of the problems Bush encountered were created by people around him, as when Cheney redirected power restoration to preserve smooth operation of an oil pipeline, slowing efforts at restoring power to a few hospitals in the area. That sort of thing.

Meanwhile and again, Trump attends photo ops with a campaign hat on while failing to promise personal contribution of any substantive impact. "Yeah." :plain:

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
You didn't appear to, so I went back and demonstrated the problem with your response to rex.

His comment and my follow up went directly to your stab at a "gotcha" headline: Obama Golfs as Louisiana Floods - More Obama Ineptitude

The fact that you started something you weren't prepared to handle is as unsurprising as the President's fumbling of the visual/inspirational side of public response to disaster.

Feel free to quote me on the President during that time period or you're just doubling down on goofy.

The fact is that no one was prepared for Katrina and the disaster underscored a need that would have been in play no matter who was in the White House. Bush made a similar political mistake in terms of appearing to be more concerned with his vacation than inspiring victims, but the fact is that he also signed off on relief measures in short order and was being informed of the ongoing situation as it developed, made preparations to visit the area as unobtrusively as possible. In short, outside of the response lessons learned and put into play after the learning lesson of Katrina, there isn't much difference between the two presidents in relation to the unfolding events.

Some of the problems Bush encountered were created by people around him, as when Cheney redirected power restoration to preserve smooth operation of an oil pipeline, slowing efforts at restoring power to a few hospitals in the area. That sort of thing.

Meanwhile and again, Trump attends photo ops with a campaign hat on while failing to promise personal contribution of any substantive impact. "Yeah." :plain:
Why are you jumping on the Obama bandwagon?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Because you appear to have had a sporadic, if predictable memory issue: I directly commented on Trump using the disaster as a photo opportunity while not appearing to personally commit any resources to help anyone involved. I noted that, despite your "inept" charge, the President had done pretty much all he could do to actually help those in the state, that he had contacted the governor of that state regarding his plans for an Aug. 23rd visit and been met without criticism relating to actual, substantive efforts on the part of the government under his control in assisting Louisiana in its recovery efforts.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Very inappropriate :chuckle:

Town Heretic is such a baby that he removed - the federal floodgates are now opened to help those in Louisiana from the flooding
You must be getting your fact check from CC. I didn't remove the line at all. :nono:

Why are you jumping on the Obama bandwagon?
I'm not, it's part of my long standing response to people who leap to conclusions that support partisan efforts instead of the facts. If reciting the actual facts of a thing constitutes jumping on anyone's band wagon the question should be "why is there any other wagon?"

jgarden

BANNED
Banned

If the President had visited the Louisiana flood victims, our conservative "friends" would have then summarily dismissed it as an unnecessary "photo-op" - diverting much needed resources away from those displaced.

The amount of resources devoted to a visit by a sitting president far exceeds than those of a GOP "wannabe!"

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned

If the President had visited the Louisiana flood victims, our conservative "friends" would have then dismissed it as a "photo-op" diverting much needed resources away from those in need.
Wrong. The GOP nominee IS Donald J. Trump - the voters have spoken, like we will on November 8th - Trump Wins !!!

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame

If the President had visited the Louisiana flood victims, our conservative "friends" would have then dismissed it as a "photo-op" diverting much needed resources away from those in need.

The amount of resources required for the visit by a sitting president is far greater than those of a GOP "Wannabe!"
Yeah, but I'd still have had him get as near the problem as could be without hampering efforts, giving the embattled people of Louisiana a lift, which is about all he can do that he hasn't done. At the very least I'd have had him break off the vacation and return to the White House with a promise to be down as soon as his coming wouldn't distract efforts.

I don't think he handled that part of his job well. Outside of campaigning, I don't think he's handled that part of his job well since the first election cycle. I believe history will record his as an uneven presidency, with a number of important successes marred by consistently unnecessary and avoidable failures, especially (and oddly, given his seeming understanding of the element) on the public front.

He appears to still think like a planner first or exclusively, failing too often to recognize the value and duty of his role outside of those efforts.

Wrong. The GOP nominee IS Donald J. Trump - the voters have spoken, like we will on November 8th - Trump Wins !!!
So the important thing here is the Trump campaign. :plain: Equally uninspiring.

MrDante

Thanks for the translation Mr. Helper. I read it the first time. Now, back to MY topic.

Where are all the cries about Obama's absence that you snivellers who voted for Obama were screaming about Bush during Katrina. And for the record, Bush also did all he could at the outset of Katrina, and for a while was blocked by DEMOCRAT ineptitude at the state level.

"It is a major ordeal, they free up the interstate for him. We have to take hundreds of local first responders, police officers, sheriffs, deputies and state troopers to provide security for that type of visit. I would just as soon have those people engaged in the response rather than trying to secure the president. So I’d ask him to wait, if he would, another couple weeks." Governor John Bel Edwards

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
We've heard this all before in 2008 and 2012 - conservative "brovado" followed by yet another defeat!

I wonder how the voters feel about those advisors with whom Trump chooses to surround himself - including a campaign manager with "pro-Soviet" connections and foreign policy statements that should bring a smile to Putin's face!

Despite a year of campaigning, "The Donald" has still to release his income tax - requiring the American voter to make "a leap of faith" as to where his financial interests lie!