NYC Pizzeria’s ‘Pic-A-Nika’ Topped With Southern-Fried Chicken And Watermelon

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
So racist, they should stop selling this summertime patch:

$_35.JPG

glassjester

Once, I went into a restaurant that was full of all this Chinese stuff. The decor, the writing on the menu, all the food... they even had actual Chinese people working there!

#thatsracist

fool

Hall of Fame
I have never understood why black people liking fried chicken and/or watermelon is a negative thing.

Because people want to be treated as individuals and not stereotypes.
Not all black people like fried chicken and or watermelon and assuming that an individual does is disrespectful because you're making assumptions based on his skin color and not him.

You might think it's a harmless stereotype but people who live with alot of negative stereotypes might be adverse to any.

Lighthouse

The Dark Knight
Gold Subscriber
Hall of Fame
Because people want to be treated as individuals and not stereotypes.
Not all black people like fried chicken and or watermelon and assuming that an individual does is disrespectful because you're making assumptions based on his skin color and not him.

You might think it's a harmless stereotype but people who live with alot of negative stereotypes might be adverse to any.
I agree that it is a stereotype; I disagree that it's negative.

But my intent was actually in regard to not understanding where racists came up with the stereotype in the first place and decided to use it with the intent of being negative.

What I'm saying is that racism doesn't make sense to me. I guess I'm just not that ignorant.