Not much to say...

Zenn

As musterion alluded to above.. how about letting us know where you stand in order to avoid having to tease these things out over a long course of your future posts:
Mr. Religion,

Understanding requires an alignment of definitional frameworks. As an example, I have been in conversations where two people are smiling and happy, thinking they are in total agreement about faith. And yet I know of five different definitions of faith that are in common use today. It used to be somewhat amusing when I would step into such a conversation and ask a few questions to clarify what the first person truly meant by "faith" only to see (the expected) shadow of confusion and then doubt cross the face of the other. For they truly held to different definitions of what "faith" meant. And while they may have parted in enmity, they at least hadn't parted in delusion.

Now, though, it's no longer amusing. It's just sad.

Personally, though, I don't care if it offends your sense of propriety, needing to "tease these things out" and I'm sure you couldn't care less to know where I stand. I decline to answer out of decency, in that I have no idea what your definitional framework might be. And until I am quite sure I know what you mean by "faith" (or any other subject matter, e.g. salvation, or "Word of God" etc.) I decline to be baited into being rude.

Schöne Grüße,
Zenn

Zenn

Getting the feeling that Z...i dunno...maybe has been here before.
Ahhh, right away, a leap to an unfortunately Wrong conclusion.

I have never been to this site before, and it was only as a favor to Cobra that I deigned to stop by. I have found most Christians to be really nasty, and at the moment you're doing nothing to dissuade me of that impression.

Zenn

PS: But I am curious about whom you might think shares a commonality of style with me. I would like to meet this person.

Zenn

Newbie?

Where?

Let me at 'im.
(And I'm the one charged with hostility? Oh my.)
2261062210_479215df76_o.gif

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Ahhh, right away, a leap to an unfortunately Wrong conclusion.

I have never been to this site before, and it was only as a favor to Cobra that I deigned to stop by. I have found most Christians to be really nasty, and at the moment you're doing nothing to dissuade me of that impression.

Zenn

PS: But I am curious about whom you might think shares a commonality of style with me. I would like to meet this person.

there are many, many banned posters reregister with different username here.

That's why many of us are cautious about newbies.

Zenn

I agree with you.

I believe he is one of banned ones recently. I don't remember his username at the moment. He was addressing everyone and disagree with all of them.
Ma'am, with all due respect I have never been to this board before - ever, and must say the impression y'all make would not have others think kindly of Christ.

Need I remind you all that you are in an introduction thread for a Newbie and not some doctrinal slug fest for the drooling masses.

Shameful behaviour to newcomers has no justification.

Zenn

PS: Oh... wait a minute... is this a site for the twelve year olds in America? Let me know, I can just as easily spend my time on more important things of worth.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Ma'am, with all due respect I have never been to this board before - ever, and must say the impression y'all make would not have others think kindly of Christ.

I apologize for expressing my suspicion.

It was rude of me.

glorydaz

Need I remind you all that you are in an introduction thread for a Newbie and not some doctrinal slug fest for the drooling masses.

Shameful behaviour to newcomers has no justification.

Zenn

PS: Oh... wait a minute... is this a site for the twelve year olds in America? Let me know, I can just as easily spend my time on more important things of worth.

Clearly you think you're better than the posters here.

Too clever by half.

Perhaps you'd best pull up your skirts and run for your life. :peach:

Zenn

I apologize if I am wrong.
Apology accepted.

As I've already stated, I've only ever participated in one forum before, which went defunct back in October.

And while I see the circling vultures, it would seem there are some people here who want to engage in constructive and beneficial dialogue. (I'M TALKING ABOUT YOU WATCHMAN :))

Zenn

PS: Hmmm... Wait a minute. There was an ATT community forum 20 or so years ago that I chatted on from time to time. But they were more interested in recipes than doctrine. I recall a rather bizarre conversation about whether sourdough bread could be used for communion. :)

Zenn

Clearly you think you're better than the posters here.

Too clever by half.
By all means, I'd be delighted to know which seminaries you've attended and which Ph.D.'s you've achieved.

Zenn

PS: I think you may wish to study something known to psychologists as "projection".

PPS: Or do you just want to do a quick and dirty IQ comparison?

Zenn

Cool. Another God's UNtruth. :thumb:
And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved. But when they persecute you in this city, flee ye into another: for verily I say unto you, Ye shall not have gone over the cities of Israel, till the Son of man be come. The disciple is not above his master, nor the servant above his lord. It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master, and the servant as his lord. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more shall they call them of his household? (Mat 10:22-25 KJV)

Zenn

(And I'm called ignorant? Fascinating.)
2261062210_479215df76_o.gif

PS: I think I'll stick around for awhile.

Zenn

Ah well, 51 posts and I still don't have an edit button.

I'll just have to make sure I'm right the first time.

Zenn