non-conformist

eameece

Rather, God exists independently of unbelievers. God upholds nature, but God is not nature. To say God is 'in' unbelievers can only be metaphorical, as God is not 'in' a place at all in the literal sense. If so, what does it symbolize? Divine power within them? I hope not! The Spirit of God leading them and teaching them and quickening them? Evidently not, for they remain unbelievers.
God is in everything, and is everything, everywhere. There is nothing that is not God. God does not depend on anyone believing in "Him." Believing is for the old age. Knowing is for the new age. You know God, or you don't. If you know God, you don't need a 2000-year old book for proof. Divine power is within everyone. There is only one power.
God is presently within everyone. What would that even mean?
It means your very own consciousness, in its depths, is the path to knowing God and being God. That consciousness is in everyone, but people are awake in varying degrees.
external man-made standard?
Jesus built no church or organization. He healed people and showed that God is real-- and is within each person according to his or her faith. Faith is not believing the Bible or a church, because it is the authority. It is knowing God. It is the evidence of things unseen. You are the authority. Old time religion is a means of social control, based on fear that people can't be trusted without authority. The new age religion is people knowing God for themselves, through mystical experience.

And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.--John 8:31-32

Last edited:

eameece

I think it would be great if everyone were a non-conformist. Then we would all be non-conforming to each other, and each being creative in his/her own way. As deeply as we each look within to our own way, to that extent we find the One way, the divine way.

eameece

God ≠ the Kingdom of God.

But not 'as' us all. Further, in context, this only refers to believers.
I only quoted the Bible. The quotes were correct; you implied that they weren't. We can always argue what the quotes mean. Mortimer is doing a good job. Well, you are too, from your point of view.
Oh. OK then. :doh:

How can I argue with that?
There was no argument.
You said I was reliving the substance of the sixties. If so, so what? The sixties had some wonderful experiences, revelations, ideas. Of course, so did other decades, and will. But the 60s "dreams" are the real ones, not the Reaganoid slogans which came from the 80s, and which the right-wing embraces without (I dare say) much thought.

I admit, "Imagine" is a pretty good summary of sixties dreams. Reagan sucks.

I hope I don't sound too argumentative. Us mystics are supposed to be nice.
:)

OK, Reagan was a nice man. His ideas sucked. Is that better?
:chuckle:

Krsto

I only quoted the Bible. The quotes were correct; you implied that they weren't. We can always argue what the quotes mean. Mortimer is doing a good job. Well, you are too, from your point of view.

There was no argument.
You said I was reliving the substance of the sixties. If so, so what? The sixties had some wonderful experiences, revelations, ideas. Of course, so did other decades, and will. But the 60s "dreams" are the real ones, not the Reaganoid slogans which came from the 80s, and which the right-wing embraces without (I dare say) much thought.

OK, Reagan was a nice man. His ideas sucked. Is that better?
:chuckle:

Californian (sigh)

Dena

Dena - what is a "Jewish Conversion student"?

Well this thread isn't about me so pardon me, Eric the Green.

Krsto, it's someone who is studying but won't be a part of the Jewish people until they sit before a beit din and go to the mikveh (ritual bath)

John Mortimer

Rather, God exists independently of unbelievers.
Ah yes... God's existence does not depend upon anything for God is the ground of all being, (and more!), and existence stands forth from being.
So God is existence and yet God is more than existence.
God is being and yet God is more than being.
God is omnipresent, which means God is present in all creation yet God transcends creation.
Wonderful, eh? ;)

God upholds nature, but God is not nature.
Depends what you mean by "nature". If you mean the environmental conditions found on this planet then, yes, the divine consciousness of the creator does indeed hold the foundation together but much of what we perceive is co-created by the collective consciousness of the human beings that have this planet as their home.
Sound "out-there"?
But ask yourself for example... did toxic, biting creatures spring forth from the consciousness of God? Why are various creatures called "abominations" in the OT if God created them?
When God "rested on the 7th day" He sent individualized extensions of Himself into the creation to continue the work of creating from within the creation itself. Those extensions were to co-create by gradually expanding their sense of self-awareness until they came back to the full conscious awareness of their Source.

When you re-cognize the common Source of all then the following statement of Jesus becomes understandable in a whole new way:

“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven; for He makes His sun rise on the evil and on the good, and sends rain on the just and on the unjust."

Whatever you do to "others" you are in reality doing to yourself!

The true "original sin" is the consciousness of separation from God. That is what has led to all sin.

To say God is 'in' unbelievers can only be metaphorical, as God is not 'in' a place at all in the literal sense.
"Unbelievers".......... let your be single Sam. God is no respecter of persons.
If so, what does it symbolize? Divine power within them? I hope not!
How then do they live and move and have their being???
The Spirit of God leading them and teaching them and quickening them? Evidently not, for they remain unbelievers.
Is God making this division - or is it men? "Unbelievers" according to some external standard?

God upholds all, but He is not all. The Kingdom of God is within people, yet this does not mean that God is presently within everyone. What would that even mean?
Jesus said that the greatest among his disciples would be the servant of all. The Creator is the ultimate servant of all. All that exists is made from God's Own being.... how could it be otherwise?
What we do with God's being we are responsible for.

Rom 10:9 is an external man-made standard?

No. Let's see it...

"...that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved."

Samstarrett

Thanks, but you didn't quote the Bible word for word in your OP, you stated an opinion and I disagreed with it. We're both entitled to that. :)

There was no argument.

And I won't bother to start one until what you say starts making sense. ;)

You said I was reliving the substance of the sixties. If so, so what? The sixties had some wonderful experiences, revelations, ideas. Of course, so did other decades, and will.

I don't think you quite took my meaning. Read it again, and think about it, hmm? :plain:

But the 60s "dreams" are the real ones, not the Reaganoid slogans which came from the 80s, and which the right-wing embraces without (I dare say) much thought.

You'd better not dare say that. I'm right wing, and I think plenty.

Imagine...what? :liberals:

Ah, a mystic. I never had much time for your kind. My mind is too concrete. I always want to shout 'Speak plainly or leave me alone!'

Nothing personal, you know. You seem nice enough. :)

GuySmiley

I think it would be great if everyone were a non-conformist. Then we would all be non-conforming to each other, and each being creative in his/her own way. As deeply as we each look within to our own way, to that extent we find the One way, the divine way.
You and Freelight will enjoy long weird conversations.

freelight

Eclectic Theosophist
keynote convergence.......

keynote convergence.......

Hi folks. I'm Eric the Green. I should use that as my title but haven't changed it yet.

I'm here to say things like:

We are all a part of each other and the environment of Mother Earth and Father Sky. We can't be fooled by conspiracy theories that they are not threatened by our industrial, carbon-based economy; we need to make it green and clean, and the government needs to help that change and restrain the greedy.

Hi Eric,

Aumen. Honoring our Father-Mother is a good start :)

Religion and spirituality need not be about an authority figure above and separate from us, as a means of social control and ideology, but about the real being within each of us, which connects us to all beings and to our own highest potential. The kingdom of heaven is within you (in the midst of you). God above, through and as us all, as the Bible says. Not one God better than others, revealed through authority and scripture, but revealed within each of us at every moment. Religious Right folk here: what about that do you not understand?

:thumb:

An intuitive grounding in Divine Science is good for starters, for those not familiar with developing or awakening to the omnipresence of 'God' everywhere, the knowing of their own true Self...as an individual expression of 'God', the source and power of their own 'being' and 'becoming'.

We need not be limited in religion to what is given out for mass comsumption, but awake to the exciting esoteric tradition that is the key to our unfolding.

Keys are essential to unlock the gates that veil the hidden treasures.

We can remember that we all are artists with a song to sing, and to find that song and share it. We have the potential to create a great renaissance today. That is more important than fixing our problems.

Artisans of Spirit unite! As co-creators with 'God', naturally...finding our craft and honing it,...is our sharing of creation, inspiring man to his divine heritage, identity.

Looking forward...........

pj