ECT NO, THE BIBLE IS NOT THE CHRISTIAN'S ONLY AUTHORITY

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
:darwinsm:​

:darwinsm:​

Irrelevant. So did Joseph Smith, and he was no more thereby guaranteed that his interpretations and doctrines would be true than you were.

The fact is that you pridefully presumed to depart from the normative means chosen by God by which lay believers are to come to know divine truth, that is, by receiving and following the authoritative teachings of Christ's one historic Catholic Church (Mt. 28:18-20; Lk. 10:16; Ac. 16:4; 2 Thess. 3:4; 1 Tim. 3:15; 1 Jn. 4:6)..

Already decisively answered---and corrected---here. Try again.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Another interesting debate tactic you must have learned as a philosophy major, mocking. It's called an ad hominem attack because you fail to deal with points and post those most articulate of debate tactics, the emoji. You can hold your head hi after thus reply. Well done sir, I am truly devastated by your wit and debate skills.

Cruciform

For a philosophy major, I am very surprised you don't seem to grasp that your response in post 330 does not amount to an answer. I have asked very specific questions regarding Marian doctrines and Paul's traditions.
...both of which have already received more-than-sufficient answers.

Post 330, and all the others that you link to, is your response that amounts to nothing more than you saying I don't have the authority to question your Church.
Rather, you don't have the authority to replace the authoritative teachings of Christ's one historic Church with the assumptions and opinions (traditions) of your chosen recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

Cruciform

Another interesting debate tactic you must have learned as a philosophy major, mocking.
No "mocking," only laughter in response to two utterly laughable---and already-refuted---claims. Both have already been entirely disproven in previous posts on this forum. Try again.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
...both of which have already received more-than-sufficient answers.

Rather, you don't have the authority to replace the authoritative teachings of Christ's one historic Church with the assumptions and opinions (traditions) of your chosen recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

In any case, you don't have the answers to the questions asked. You have responded numerous times yet you have never addressed the actual questions asked.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
No "mocking," only laughter in response to two utterly laughable---and already-refuted---claims. Both have already been entirely disproven in previous posts on this forum. Try again.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+
You laughed at my personal experiences, that is mocking. It should be noted that in matters of faith, you can neither prove nor disprove an individual's personal testimony. You can either acknowledge it, or mock it. Emoji's mock.

Cruciform

You laughed at my personal experiences, that is mocking.
I laughed at your personal claims, which are laughably erroneous. That is timely.

It should be noted that in matters of faith, you can neither prove nor disprove an individual's personal testimony.
Both claims made by you have already been utterly disproven on this forum.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Already answered in previous posts.

Post #330.

Then post the link to where you refute point by point the challenges I raised regarding the Catholic's teachings on the Marian doctrines. Post the link to where you enumerated the exact traditions Pail was referring to. That you can not post these links is proof positive that you have never answered the questions that were actually asked.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
I laughed at your personal claims, which are laughably erroneous. That is timely.

Both claims made by you have already been utterly disproven on this forum.

You laughed at and mocked my Personel testimony. You have not, nor can you ever, prove anything about my testimony. It is my account of my experiences in coming to Christ. It so disgusts you that you seem driven to mock it.

Cruciform

You laughed at and mocked my Personel testimony. You have not, nor can you ever, prove anything about my testimony.
Your claims were [1] that because you were raised Catholic, you properly understand Catholic doctrine, and [2] that when you read the Bible, you set aside all of your accumulated knowledge and experience.

The former claim is categorically refuted by virtually every one of your posts in which you attempt---and utterly fail---to explain or articulate Catholic teaching. The latter claim is effectively dismantled here. Both ridiculous claims are sufficient to inspire laughter in any informed reader.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Post #346.
Okay, let's see #346
Already answered in previous posts.

Post #330.

Oh. Well that was helpful. And it proves my point quite succinctly, you can not link to a post wherein you have actually addressed the question that was actually asked. And you can't stop posting these links to meaningless posts as you don't dare let me have the last post.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Your claims were [1] that because you were raised Catholic, you properly understand Catholic doctrine, and [2] that when you read the Bible, you set aside all of your accumulated knowledge and experience.
Both are true. I was raised Catholic and understand their doctrines and teachings. I have sense come to understand that those doctrines are heretical. The second point is also true. Those who seek, find. I didn't set aside all my knowledge of my own accord. I prayed a prayer for God's help before I opened the Bible and God answered.

The former claim is categorically refuted by virtually every one of your posts in which you attempt---and utterly fail---to explain or articulate Catholic teaching.
Yet are still unable to link to a post where you actually refute my challenges against the Catholic teachings on the Marian doctrines. You cannot link to a post where you list the traditions Paul was referring to. You claim you have refuted me at every point yet you cannot link to a post where you actually refute me.

The latter claim is effectively dismantled here. Both ridiculous claims are sufficient to inspire laughter in any informed reader.

Gaudium de veritate,

Cruciform
+T+
You claim that your link effectively dismantles my second claim reveals that you do not believe that God can, and does, directly intervene in people's lives. Your claim changes nothing about what I experienced. I stand by my testimony as an accurate rebelling of what I experienced that day. Since that day, I have studied scripture with others, I have learned from them and come to understand more and more of scripture. I have come to understand how very little of the Catholic traditions can be supported from scripture.

Cruciform

Oh. Well that was helpful. And it proves my point quite succinctly, you can not link to a post wherein you have actually addressed the question that was actually asked.
Your ridiculously lengthy post about the Marian doctrines was more than sufficiently answered here and here. Your question about Pauline Tradition has also been answered more than once.

Cruciform

Both are true. I was raised Catholic and understand their doctrines and teachings.
Post #351.

I have sense come to understand that those doctrines are heretical.
That is, you have come to prefer the assumptions and opinions of your chosen recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect over the authoritative teachings of Christ's one historic Church.

I didn't set aside all my knowledge of my own accord. I prayed a prayer for God's help before I opened the Bible and God answered.
Already categorically refuted (Post #351).

Last edited:

genuineoriginal

Your "church" does not have the authority to replace the authoritative teachings of the Bible with your man-made traditions.

You know this, but refuse to accept it.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Your ridiculously lengthy post about the Marian doctrines was more than sufficiently answered here and here. Your question about Pauline Tradition has also been answered more than once.

Please explain to your interested readers how those two posts actually address the questions I raised.

CabinetMaker

Hall of Fame
Post #351.

That is, you have come to prefer the assumptions and opinions of your chosen recently-invented, man-made non-Catholic sect over the authoritative teachings of Christ's one historic Church.

Already categorically refuted (Post #351).

Man, I must of really gotten under your skin. Not only have you not answered anything in post 351, you have quit signing your name.

As to my preferences, well, I must point out that remain unable to answer questions regarding your doctrines when pressed. At least the Protestants can reason from scripture.

Cruciform

Man, I must of really gotten under your skin. Not only have you not answered anything in post 351, you have quit signing your name.As to my preferences, well, I must point out that remain unable to answer questions regarding your doctrines when pressed. At least the Protestants can reason from scripture.
Already answered.