No more Campbell's soup for us

musterion

I'll buy good old fashioned Dollar Tree soup made in Mexico, just like Ma used to make. No Campbell's Cream of Homo for us.

theophilus

Need to add Coca-Cola, Angie's List, Tylenol, Wells-Fargo and Frito-Lay.

I list these as the commercials run during the news.

I think there's one more but it's on my list at home.

Sitamun

you've been here seven years and you have to ask? :doh:

I have a reason, what EXACTLY in that commercial is so bad. What makes you think they are gay? Couldn't they be brothers or friends?

It's promoting STAR WARS and Campbells. So, they use one of the most famous lines from the Star Wars movies. There is NOTHING besides that to even indicate sexuality, your minds just naturally went there.

Last edited:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I have a reason, what EXACTLY in that commercial is so bad. What makes you think they are gay? Couldn't they be brothers or friends?

did you watch it?

and listen?

did you hear one say "I am your father"?

did you hear the other one say "I am your uncle" or "I am your father's friend"?

Sitamun

did you watch it?

and listen?

did you hear one say "I am your father"?

did you hear the other one say "I am your uncle" or "I am your father's friend"?

See my expanded point, it's promoting STAR WARS soups, so it uses one of, if not THE most famous line from all of the movies.

I just find it funny, that for something you supposedly all find abhorrent your mind sure does go there often. (You in the wider sense, nothing especially specific).

ok doser

See my expanded point, it's promoting STAR WARS soups, so it uses one of, if not THE most famous line from all of the movies.

I just find it funny, that for something you supposedly all find abhorrent your mind sure does go there often. (You in the wider sense, nothing especially specific).

and yet, they chose to use two men

you think it was just mere chance that they didn't use a man and a woman?

ok doser

it was intentional:
Responding to the criticism, Campbell's VP of Marketing Yin Woon released statement defending the commercial and the company's campaign:

"We wanted to show actual families, which means families of different configurations, cultures, races and life choices. The American family is changing faster than at any time in recent history and it is now a true mosaic of shapes and sizes, all bonded through love, and love of good food."

http://www.phillyvoice.com/campbells-star-wars-commercial-gay-fathers/

ok doser

Because a woman by definition would be a mother not a father? Don't know, logic?

and logic tells you there's only one father in a family

besides, it would be funny if it was a mother saying "I am your father" in a better darth vader voice than the father

Sitamun

No logic doesn't dictate that a child can only have one father. I have two fathers and three mothers.

I have no doubt that they are gay and it was intentional. My point was there is no obvious sign of their sexuality outwardly in the commercial, YET that is where everyone jumped to. There is NOTHING wrong with the commercial.

zoo22

Store brand from here on.

You warrior!

I have an idea: Buy yourself some Campell's Soup, then make a video of yourself pouring it down the sewer because homosexuals! Then use your computer to post it on YouTube!

Like this:

Bob Enyart "can hear the liquid flowing through the sewers"

Except of course, YouTube supports gay marriage and makes ads about it...

YouTube's "Celebrating Marriage Equality and LGBT Pride Month

Hm.

And about your computer... Wait, do you use Apple or Microsoft? ... Actually, never mind, either way:

Microsoft - Lesbian Wedding ad

Apple - Pride ad

Hm. Darn. Okay maybe that idea wasn't so good if you think about it. But anyway, don't forget to include all of the companies that Campbell's soup owns in your boycott. Pepperidge Farm and V8 and Pace and Kelsen and whatnot... But I'm sure you've already added them to your extensive boycott list, because you're not one to blow hot air!