No Account from the Dead?

ProphecyKid

So this is a question I have been thinking about and I would like if someone can share their belief on this.

We have many accounts of people who were dead and were resurrected. Lazarus is a prime example but there are examples of these instances in both the OT and NT.

If when someone dies, they simply live on in another form and are taken to another place, why is it that will all of these people who were dead and then resurrected, that no one has shared their experience of being taken somewhere? if Lazarus would have shared where he was taken for the 3 - 4 days after his death that would really clear up the confusion of what happens after death.

Or is it that death is really death so the dead have nothing to report after they have been resurrected?

chair

Psalm 115
17 The dead praise not the Lord, neither any that go down into silence.

18 But we will bless the Lord from this time forth and for evermore. Praise the Lord.

ProphecyKid

Psalm 115
17 The dead praise not the Lord, neither any that go down into silence.

18 But we will bless the Lord from this time forth and for evermore. Praise the Lord.

So based on this response you are saying that the dead would have given no account because they are indeed dead

Greek2Me

So many equate "death" with "cessation of existence", whereas Scripture describes it ONLY as "separation of the spirit from the physical body". The spirit lives on, clearly in a different "state" AND location (though our ability to understand that relationship is understandably limited.) There are some things we simply are unable to comprehend until we are THERE, so (I feel) God really didn't waste time trying to explain the inexplicable. But Jesus DID offer this comfort for our fears and uncertainty;

"And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also." John 14:3

I'm simply trusting that the One who Himself overcame death will keep His promises and meet me when that day arrives on MY personal calendar.

Be well.