No “new law”

glorydaz

Believe it or not it is the same discussion from the other thread we were having, again, mortification. Anyone not willing to do so according to the Way is considered a non-believer, and will not enter that great Shabbat Rest, for Elohim has sworn in His wrath that such unbelief and those unwilling to cut off sin from their midst will not enter into His Rest. The author of Hebrews gives plenty of teaching and warning about this but you really cannot even discuss such things with people who claim that the Teachings of the Master, (and likely the epistle to the Hebrews also), was not written or addressed to them. They are literally equivalent to non-believers and those who perished in the desert according to the author of Hebrews, (for starters see Heb3:7-19).

I'm not sure what you're getting at, Daqq, but mortification of the flesh is done through the Spirit, as we are created IN CHRIST JESUS as a new creation. God never intended us to do anything apart from Him.

Romans 8:13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

Colossians 2:11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:​

daqq

I'm not sure what you're getting at, Daqq, but mortification of the flesh is done through the Spirit, as we are created IN CHRIST JESUS as a new creation. God never intended us to do anything apart from Him.
Romans 8:13 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

Colossians 2:11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:​

Testimony is Spirit, and just as the Master says, his words are Spirit and they are Life: the Testimony of Messiah is the prophesied "New Spirit" of the New Covenant, (Eze11:19, 18:31, 36:26). Walking according to the Spirit, according to Paul, is walking according to the Testimony of Messiah which Testimony is tantamount to his very blood. The Testimony is everything: anyone who denies that the Testimony of Messiah applies to themselves is essentially a non-believer, no matter what the excuses or doctrines used to come up with the excuses might be. Not applying the Testimony of the Messiah is the same as not applying his blood of atonement: the one who does not apply the Testimony-Spirit does not have the atonement of his blood. You mortify the deeds of the body and your "members" which are upon the earth by cutting off sin and "sinners" from your earth-land-soil, this is inner and inward, (not concerning those without, such as your neighbor, etc.), as for sins and "sinners", which dwell in the flesh, (Rom.7), we are to show them no mercy: it is allegory, they are likened to devils, cut them off before they choke the Seed of the Word from the soil of your heart and you become unfruitful, (parable of the sower).

Mortify = Put them to SLEEP, (those "unruly members" of your "household"). :)

glorydaz

Testimony is Spirit, and just as the Master says, his words are Spirit and they are Life: the Testimony of Messiah is the prophesied "New Spirit" of the New Covenant, (Eze11:19, 18:31, 36:26). Walking according to the Spirit, according to Paul, is walking according to the Testimony of Messiah which Testimony is tantamount to his very blood. The Testimony is everything: anyone who denies that the Testimony of Messiah applies to themselves is essentially a non-believer, no matter what the excuses or doctrines used to come up with the excuses might be. Not applying the Testimony of the Messiah is the same as not applying his blood of atonement: the one who does not apply the Testimony-Spirit does not have the atonement of his blood. You mortify the deeds of the body and your "members" which are upon the earth by cutting off sin and "sinners" from your earth-land-soil, this is inner and inward, (not concerning those without, such as your neighbor, etc.), as for sins and "sinners", which dwell in the flesh, (Rom.7), we are to show them no mercy: it is allegory, they are likened to devils, cut them off before they choke the Seed of the Word from the soil of your heart and you become unfruitful, (parable of the sower).

Mortify = Put them to SLEEP, (those "unruly members" of your "household"). :)

Yeah, sleep.....as opposed to soul sleep. ;)

clefty

Paul walked by faith,
yes said that...walked orderly keeping the law as myriads of other believing in Him jews did...and all zealous for the law...Acts 21: 24, 20

knowing the purpose of the law had been accomplished in him.
to show him sin...

He understood that the law could not justify him, make him righteous, or give him life.
The entire OT understood that...well accept for “do this and live” not be saved from sin but yes live...

I suggest you read further.
thanks will...

You don't even need to go outside the Bible to know this.
knew that why did you think need to say that?

Gal. 4:21 Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law?​

Gal. 4:9-11 But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage? 10 Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years. 11 I am afraid of you, lest I have bestowed upon you labour in vain.

Yeah about that...the Celts are a proud traditional cultured people...still

But they did not know God they had their own...and ways and manners to worship them...calendars and festivals too...but they did not know God...they served those which by nature are NOT gods...

But after they knew God or actually were known by God for their obedience to Torah Paul asked how is it they returned AGAIN to the weak and beggarly elements (you know gold stone wood idols) certainly they were not turning again to Torah as they did not know God...and certainly Paul was not calling Torah weak and beggarly of this world...He knew it came from Above...sustained life

And yet now he is afraid they desire to be in bondage AGAIN of their former not gods serving ways...

Acts 13:39 And by him all that believe are justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses.​
duh...Hebrews 10 reiterates what the OT knew...the sacrifices did not make ANYONE perfect...could not take away sins v4...and if we continue to sin after we have received knowledge of truth SAVED there is NO sacrifice v26

DID YOU CATCH THAT IF WE CONTINUE TO SIN AFTER WE ARE SAVED PART?

Sorry cap button jammed...some round here think the law is done away with...or not applicable to christians...or we can sin freely...or some other false witness to Paul’s writings Peter warned a certain type would twist...

The irony lost on you is that this last verse you posted is from a Sabbath sermon Paul preached to Jews and Gentiles...and the Gentiles BEGGED that these words might be preached to them the next SABBATH...NOT the next day when they celebrated the resurrection before their Ham dinners

And v44 the next SABBATH almost the whole city of Antioch came together to hear the word of Yah...

No wonder the unbelieving jews were getting nervous these Gentiles were “doing this and living”

Last edited:

glorydaz

yes said that...walked orderly keeping the law as myriads of other believing in Him jews did...and all zealous for the law...Acts 21: 24, 20

Ah, but you're claiming Paul was zealous of the law, as those others were. That is very misleading if not downright deceitful. After Paul tried to gain those who were zealous of the law, they tried to kill him. And, they continued to try to kill him from then on.

Rather.....

1 Corinthians 9:19-21
19 For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more. 20 And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews; to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law; 21 To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.​

clefty

Ah, but you're claiming Paul was zealous of the law, as those others were. That is very misleading if not downright deceitful.
I am claiming? He claims it time and time again in his defenses against false witnesses that sound more like you claiming he was NOT.

After Paul tried to gain those who were zealous of the law, they tried to kill him.
you missed that myriads were already won...already believing no need to gain them...and they were STILL zealous for the law...to do JUST AS He did and instructed them to do...desiring to heed...ABIDE in His love...having first been saved

And, they continued to try to kill him from then on.
not for teaching the Law was abolished which were false witnesses intending to stir the people up against him...but read what the charges were 1) preaching One resurrected...and THAT One they killed no less...2) bringing in the gentiles to crowd their synagogues every Sabbaths

AGAIN Why were the gentiles running to the synagogues on Sabbath? Jews and Gentiles lived together in that region for many many years...but suddenly the goyim come crowding? To keep TORAH? Sure but only AFTER they learned of One who defeated death and why and who killed them...recall these were oppressed roman subjects...to learn ONE jew resurrected after rome killed Him...that is news...Jews killing rebel jews is not so much news

Rather.....
rather what? Look at it...

1 Corinthians 9:19-21
19 For though I be free from all men, yet have I made myself servant unto all, that I might gain the more. 20 And unto the Jews I became as a Jew, that I might gain the Jews;
He became a jew? This was world famous christian killer Saul the Pharisee jew of jews...he already WAS a jew Paul doesn't become one and yet as a servent to jews to win some to Christ? Yes but by preaching the Torah was abolished? Hardly...besides think NOT that He came to do that...so Paul KEEPING THE LAW wins jews to Christ as He did NOT do what christians still do...think that He did...despite being told NOT TO

to them that are under the law, as under the law, that I might gain them that are under the law;
now just who is that? Still under the law...those converted to jews but not to Christ...STILL KEEPING THE LAW DOES THAT...also to them Paul became a servent and free from all men their condemnation...

Even from this last group...

21 To them that are without law, as without law, (being not without law to God, but under the law to Christ,) that I might gain them that are without law.
sometimes Paul makes it too easy...now just who are without law? Gentiles unknown by God...like the Celts in Galatians...

Notice the qualifier to his “as without law” NOT free from Law but STILL UNDER THE LAW (IT STILL A SHADOW POINTING) TO CHRIST...a servent to this group to WIN THEM TO CHRIST...

So rather what? Rather free from Law? GOD FORBID...we establish HIS LAW...WHEREEVER we go...oh and as servents...

glorydaz

I am claiming? He claims it time and time again in his defenses against false witnesses that sound more like you claiming he was NOT.

Spoiler
you missed that myriads were already won...already believing no need to gain them...and they were STILL zealous for the law...to do JUST AS He did and instructed them to do...desiring to heed...ABIDE in His love...having first been saved

not for teaching the Law was abolished which were false witnesses intending to stir the people up against him...but read what the charges were 1) preaching One resurrected...and THAT One they killed no less...2) bringing in the gentiles to crowd their synagogues every Sabbaths

AGAIN Why were the gentiles running to the synagogues on Sabbath? Jews and Gentiles lived together in that region for many many years...but suddenly the goyim come crowding? To keep TORAH? Sure but only AFTER they learned of One who defeated death and why and who killed them...recall these were oppressed roman subjects...to learn ONE jew resurrected after rome killed Him...that is news...Jews killing rebel jews is not so much news

rather what? Look at it...

He became a jew? This was world famous christian killer Saul the Pharisee jew of jews...he already WAS a jew Paul doesn't become one and yet as a servent to jews to win some to Christ? Yes but by preaching the Torah was abolished? Hardly...besides think NOT that He came to do that...so Paul KEEPING THE LAW wins jews to Christ as He did NOT do what christians still do...think that He did...despite being told NOT TO

now just who is that? Still under the law...those converted to jews but not to Christ...STILL KEEPING THE LAW DOES THAT...also to them Paul became a servent and free from all men their condemnation...

Even from this last group...

sometimes Paul makes it too easy...now just who are without law? Gentiles unknown by God...like the Celts in Galatians...

Notice the qualifier to his “as without law” NOT free from Law but STILL UNDER THE LAW (IT STILL A SHADOW POINTING) TO CHRIST...a servent to this group to WIN THEM TO CHRIST...

So rather what? Rather free from Law? GOD FORBID...we establish HIS LAW...WHEREEVER we go...oh and as servents...

My goodness. Is he clothed and in his right mind? :shocked:

I'll have to rest up before I tackle such a tirade. :plain: