Nick M's awesome lack of vocabulary

Christian Liberty

Oh, stop!

You are no one to talk. Since you also have talked about another's spouse in a derogatory way, and even laughed about doing it.

No one is buying your "poor little me" act (except for some unlearned, uninformed newbie that thinks he knows it all).

Says the one that wants to murder millions...

Last edited:

Right Divider

Body part
WRONG!!

God alone is good and God alone has the right to Judge His creatures.

There is no scripture that says sinners have the right to judge other sinners.

Vengeance is Mine, says the Lord.

TOL regulars, regularly preach a false gospel, and that is why there is disturbance from the sons of God on TOL, who oppose TOL's false teachings.

And you and your sect do not like it, but your displeasure still does not give any of you on TOL the right to judge others to hell or to Smack Down Truth as revealed in the entirety of the Bible.
Joh 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

bybee

Says the demon that wants to murder millions...

This is an unseemly leap to judgment on your part.
Tambora is a Christian. She, RIGHTLY, wishes to protect Christians from harm. Islamic extremists openly wish to do harm and actively do harm Christians.
I see no point to waiting for them to attack us as they surely shall do.

Christian Liberty

This is an unseemly leap to judgment on your part.
Tambora is a Christian. She, RIGHTLY, wishes to protect Christians from harm. Islamic extremists openly wish to do harm and actively do harm Christians.
I see no point to waiting for them to attack us as they surely shall do.

I do not see any fruit of Christianity in Tambora's life. She supports murder, very clearly.

You are in error regarding the motivation of the terrorists and how to stop them, IMO. Civilian destroying nukes are not a Biblical method.

See there, name calling insults aren't all that bad to do, are they?
:think:

I edited it to avoid being banned, but no, it isn't. Sometimes it is deserved.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I do not see any fruit of Christianity in Tambora's life.
While disagreeing on the point, how much of her life are you privy to?

She supports murder, very clearly.
Not that I'm aware of and that's a serious charge. What's your proof?

You are in error regarding the motivation of the terrorists and how to stop them, IMO.
I imagine she feels the same way in hers. Where's that leave anyone?

Civilian destroying nukes are not a Biblical method.
What civilians destroying whose nuclear weapons? But you're right, the Bible is completely silent on the use or disposal of nuclear weapons.

I edited it to avoid being banned, but no, it isn't. Sometimes it is deserved.
Sure. Who gets to decide when that is?

Christian Liberty

While disagreeing on the point, how much of her life are you privy to?

Not that I'm aware of and that's a serious charge. What's your proof?

I imagine she feels the same way in hers. Where's that leave anyone?

What civilians destroying whose nuclear weapons? But you're right, the Bible is completely silent on the use or disposal of nuclear weapons.

Sure. Who gets to decide when that is?

I meant nukes being used to kill civilians....

Tambora said this:

http://www.theologyonline.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4062268#post4062268

I thought there was something even more explicit than this in one of the threads, maybe she deleted it.

But, that was bad enough. She endorsed murdering civilians. This is just one of those things where you either get how serious it is or you don't. If you don't see this as a serious moral flaw, we aren't really on the same page.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I meant nukes being used to kill civilians....
I don't see why the type of weapon matters, except in terms of the potential for destruction. In principle a gun is a knife if they're used for the same purpose.

I don't agree with her, but that's not endorsing murder. It's advocating a more potent response and I think one that would do more damage than good in the long run.

But, that was bad enough. She endorsed murdering civilians.
Warfare isn't murder and civilians die in any war, as horrible as war is.

This is just one of those things where you either get how serious it is or you don't. If you don't see this as a serious moral flaw, we aren't really on the same page.
I feel exactly that way about your notion that property is more valuable than human life. And I find it an odd notion in the face of your objection here...you don't seem to have a consistent value.

Christian Liberty

I don't see why the type of weapon matters, except in terms of the potential for destruction. In principle a gun is a knife if they're used for the same purpose.

I don't agree with her, but that's not endorsing murder. It's advocating a more potent response and I think one that would do more damage than good in the long run.

Warfare isn't murder and civilians die in any war, as horrible as war is.

I feel exactly that way about your notion that property is more valuable than human life. And I find it an odd notion in the face of your objection here...you don't seem to have a consistent value.

Warfare isn't ALWAYS murder but if civilians are targeted on purpose it clearly is, which is the only thing nukes can be used for. To me this is a litmus test for saving faith much like opposition to homosexuality is, only more serious. If you are so utilitarian and nationalistic that you think the murder of thousands of civilians "for the greater good" is OK as long as it is the government doing it, you're clearly in the category of the State being god rather than worshipping the real God.

As Rothbard has explained, nuclear weapons are ALWAYS used to commit murder, they aren't just different in degree from other weapons, but in kind.

Will expand more later. I'm going to bed.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Warfare isn't ALWAYS murder
I agree. I'd say murder can take place in a time of war, as with Kelly in Viet Nam or the slaughter of Hitler or Stalin. But war itself isn't murder. The rest is particular argument and consideration.

but if civilians are targeted on purpose it clearly is,
God demonstrably differed with you on the point. You want the OT citations? But I'd say that, unfortunately, war often finds combatants and civilians mixed in a way that precludes fine distinctions.

which is the only thing nukes can be used for.
No. Nuclear weapons can be used to eliminate large forces and to break the ability of an enemy to produce weapons and to cripple his infrastructure.

To me this is a litmus test for saving faith much like opposition to homosexuality is, only more serious.
I'd say the only litmus is reliance on Christ, a recognition and profession of our own moral nature and an acceptance of the sacrifice made to reconcile us though grace. The rest is commentary and riddled with difference as between brothers and sisters of earnest consideration and faith. It's one reason I rarely argue dogma. Not because I don't possess an understanding of it.

If you are so utilitarian and nationalistic that you think the murder of thousands of civilians "for the greater good"
Your belief that a thing is murder doesn't make it murder, so your premise is assumptive. And I don't tend to make blanket statements on things like that. It would be a case by case examination, as with Hiroshima, etc.

is OK as long as it is the government doing it, you're clearly in the category of the State being god rather than worshipping the real God.
Horsefeathers as conclusions go. Setting aside we're a long way from any particular circumstance and the response to it being established where nuclear weapons are concerned (though I can see a case for it) to go from that to the worshipping nonsense may make you feel good, but it's no more established or true than not. And as an overriding principle (as in all sanctioned use of nuclear weapons must be this) I think it's unsupportable rationally.

As Rothbard has explained, nuclear weapons are ALWAYS used to commit murder, they aren't just different in degree from other weapons, but in kind.
Well if he said it that makes it...his opinion.

Will expand more later. I'm going to bed.
To be continued then. :e4e:

csuguy

I can just feel the Christian love oozing from this thread! :cloud9:

... no, wait, that's blood from people beating each other and banging their head against the wall... oh, look, a tooth!

JosephR

I agree. I'd say murder can take place in a time of war, as with Kelly in Viet Nam or the slaughter of Hitler or Stalin. But war itself isn't murder. The rest is particular argument and consideration.

God demonstrably differed with you on the point. You want the OT citations? But I'd say that, unfortunately, war often finds combatants and civilians mixed in a way that precludes fine distinctions.

No. Nuclear weapons can be used to eliminate large forces and to break the ability of an enemy to produce weapons and to cripple his infrastructure.

I'd say the only litmus is reliance on Christ, a recognition and profession of our own moral nature and an acceptance of the sacrifice made to reconcile us though grace. The rest is commentary and riddled with difference as between brothers and sisters of earnest consideration and faith. It's one reason I rarely argue dogma. Not because I don't possess an understanding of it.

Your belief that a thing is murder doesn't make it murder, so your premise is assumptive. And I don't tend to make blanket statements on things like that. It would be a case by case examination, as with Hiroshima, etc.

Horsefeathers as conclusions go. Setting aside we're a long way from any particular circumstance and the response to it being established where nuclear weapons are concerned (though I can see a case for it) to go from that to the worshipping nonsense may make you feel good, but it's no more established or true than not. And as an overriding principle (as in all sanctioned use of nuclear weapons must be this) I think it's unsupportable rationally.

Well if he said it that makes it...his opinion.

To be continued then. :e4e:

if Joe was God...divine intervention would be as follows...

Person who wants to send nuke is sent to arena,,person in charge of force or people nuke sent against leader....sent to arena..

they battle it out with clubs...winner get to live, looser dies...

people are saved from the 2 great leaders egos....

bybee

... no, wait, that's blood from people beating each other and banging their head against the wall... oh, look, a tooth!

Perhaps your world is full of sweetness and light?
Whilst mine is a good world I am not blinded to the evil that is at work therein.
Better to nip it in the bud than allow Pandora's bag of tricks free rein.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame

what do you expect from tol?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Warfare isn't ALWAYS murder but if civilians are targeted on purpose it clearly is, which is the only thing nukes can be used for. To me this is a litmus test for saving faith much like opposition to homosexuality is, only more serious

The young and stupid are always entertaining.

14 But the women, the little ones, the livestock, and all that is in the city, all its spoil, you shall plunder for yourself; and you shall eat the enemies’ plunder which the Lord your God gives you. 15 Thus you shall do to all the cities which are very far from you, which are not of the cities of these nations.

16 “But of the cities of these peoples which the Lord your God gives you as an inheritance, you shall let nothing that breathes remain alive, 17 but you shall utterly destroy them: the Hittite and the Amorite and the Canaanite and the Perizzite and the Hivite and the Jebusite, just as the Lord your God has commanded you,

I am not saying he had no reason, I am just showing you he targeted civilians, and when he told Moses this, he already knew he was going to wipe out nations(ethnic group of people).