NFL 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I certainly hope so! We're debating on whether to go to the game next weekend or sell our tickets.

I wouldn't miss that game.

It could be the last "Brady vs. Manning" of all time, and it's the AFC Championship.

How could you even think about not going?

brewmama

I wouldn't miss that game.

It could be the last "Brady vs. Manning" of all time, and it's the AFC Championship.

How could you even think about not going?

I don't know! It's just so cozy to watch it in front of the fire on a bigscreen TV, and if it's not looking too good I can get up and walk away. That's what happened today. My husband and son went to the game, I stayed home.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
:) If we sold all 4 we could get $1000. If you get yourself up here maybe we could give you one. You could go with my husband and son. No promises though.

I'm leaving tomorrow and staying with you guys for 4 days, thanks !! :chuckle:

I'll just take all 4 tickets, make it easy :rotfl:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Well.....he won the game today with his brain, not his arm or legs.
The only thing Peyton ever uses his legs for is height. :) His arm looked fine, but that's really only saying that his foot seemed healthy and he was stepping into his passes, which is the difference between a good day and the last Super Bowl for him.

Not to mention that his receivers dropped most of his passes.
It was ridiculous.
Who knows, maybe ole Peyton can muster up one or two last heroic efforts, and ride off into the sunset like Elway and Bettis, now that he can't do another "one-and-done"
To me it's like this, teams win ballgames. A quarterback can lose a game for his team if he doesn't do his job, but he can't win it without the team doing theirs. It was a good win. His wrs are going to have to do better if they want to get past New England and his defense is going to have to play smarter than they did against the Steelers or Brady will carve them a new one...notch on the loss column, I mean. :eek:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The only thing Peyton ever uses his legs for is height. :) His arm looked fine, but that's really only saying that his foot seemed healthy and he was stepping into his passes, which is the difference between a good day and the last Super Bowl for him.

I think Peyton surprised everyone on that play were he went down, but then got back up and threw a completion.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
No way they do that. This is going to be a heck of a game, heck of a battle.
I hope so, however it goes. They both deserve it.

Speaking of, did anyone watch what the Panthers did To the Seahawks before they took their foot off the gas? :shocked: If Seattle had done that to them I think a lot more people would be talking about it.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I hope so, however it goes. They both deserve it.

Speaking of, did anyone watch what the Panthers did To the Seahawks before they took their foot off the gas? :shocked: If Seattle had done that to them I think a lot more people would be talking about it.

I turned it off when they went up 21-0. Whatever Seattle did was way too little too late.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I think Peyton surprised everyone on that play were he went down, but then got back up and threw a completion.
It's just one game, but I suspect that his time riding pine was good for more than an aging body. Did you see his look when he was getting ready to go in for the kneel? There's a change, I think, that comes when you stop seeing the next game as one link in a long chain with plenty more where that came from.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I turned it off when they went up 21-0. Whatever Seattle did was way too little too late.
I'm through questioning whether Carolina is the stuff of mirrors and scheduling. That's a good football team, get past Arizona or not. Seattle, aside from one recent misstep, had been chewing up the scenery.

Granite

Hall of Fame
I'm through questioning whether Carolina is the stuff of mirrors and scheduling. That's a good football team, get pas Arizona or not. Seattle, aside from one recent misstep, had been chewing up the scenery.

Yeah, you can call it a "misstep.":chuckle:

Judging by the stats looked like Carolina just kind of stopped caring in the second half.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Yeah, you can call it a "misstep.":chuckle:
Hmm? :chuckle: Oh, no, I meant prior to this game they'd been playing really well. The misstep I was thinking of was the 23-17 loss to St. Louis approaching the playoffs. Other than that game they'd gone:

39-30 in a win against the Steelers.
38-7 over the Vikings.
35-6 over the Ravens.
30-13 over the Browns.
And 36-6 over the Cardinals.

A healthy run with the SL hiccup in it (and SL gave a few teams that).

Judging by the stats looked like Carolina just kind of stopped caring in the second half.
And the Seahawks started playing loose because everyone could see it wasn't going to happen. Heck of a game by Carolina and it has me really looking forward to the NFC Championship game.

I'm not sure if I can stand to watch the AFC version. :nono: Well, not sitting down at any rate.

kmoney

Hall of Fame
Who knows, maybe ole Peyton can muster up one or two last heroic efforts, and ride off into the sunset like Elway and Bettis, now that he can't do another "one-and-done"

That would be a potential silver lining in the Broncos winning. Maybe Peyton will quit. :thumb:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
As fine as it can be these days. :D
Fine enough to advance, kmo. What's your youngster going to be doing next week? :D

He threw some bad passes. His WRs let him down several times but it wasn't all them.
Well, that's how it goes. They all miss some.

Alex went 29 of 50.
Tom went 28 of 42.
Ben went 24 of 37.
Peyton went 21 of 37.

And all wrs drop catchable balls. I'm sure that happened a couple of times to everyone. It just happened about seven times to Peyton. And a few of them stalled or ended drives.

Can't complain about the outcome though.

Status
Not open for further replies.