NFL 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I will wait a bit before starting the offseason thread. The combine, the draft, Johnny Football...who is going to jail, whose limo driver murdered somebody at the strip club, all the extra-curricular activities they can't keep themselves out of.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I also love the pregame and all the Super Bowl MVPs and how ever single one of them was cheered for except Tom Brady the cheater.

They also booed Deion Branch.

But you're right. Other than Branch and Brady, no one else got booed, and Brady really got booed.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
And Kubiak was calling plays both times. I am very happing for Manning.
Likewise. Wish it had been for my Colts, but that's how it goes sometimes.

Something was mentioned before the game that I knew but didn't think about. Manning went to 4 Super Bowls with 4 different coaches.
Yeah. I wonder what would have happened if Tony had stuck with it. I wish they'd kept the old offense and just brought the defense around. I think Peyton would have had a better sendoff and might not have sustained the injuries that made him ineffective and benched.

I will mention him along side Montana. I won't say he is better, just that he should be mentioned. And so should Marino.
Not going to get an argument from me. There's a handful of unbelievably talented qbs who can be spoken of together. Montana remains the gold standard though.

That stat reminded me of Joe Gibbs and how he won 3 Super Bowls with 3 different QBs.
Pretty impressive. Has anyone other than Gibbs and Parcells won SBs with different qbs? I don't think so off the top of my head.

I think the pressure, and I don't mean Denver per se, got to Carolina. The got punched in the mouth early and were not expecting it. That is what got to them, even when they got by Denver. Like my in-laws tonight who were surprised when I said no way Carolina blows them away. They can win a low scoring game. But they didn't.
To borrow from Mickey, "Speed. Nasty, greasy speed." That's what killed Carolina. I was happy that Peyton got to play a role, first by getting them there and then by doing enough to help that defense.

I liked Elway's nod to his owner, echoing the sentiment from a while back. Couldn't help notice that neither he nor Peyton thanked the other. Or maybe Jack took my attention away from that part. We were Lego building...it happens. :eek:

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Has anyone other than Gibbs and Parcells won SBs with different qbs?

No, they are the only two.

I think Landry and Shula are the only other head coaches to have more than one QB start a Super Bowl for them.

Landry - Morton and Staubach

Shula - Morrall, Griese, Woodley, and Marino

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Town, it seems every team is yours, Alabama, Colts, Peyton etc. Name all your teams and players for the record.
I've been on record here for years rooting for the Colts. Ask Delmar. When my favorite qb left I wanted him to do well, as long as it wasn't against us. I married a Bama girl and I've been a life long Celtics fan...I won't go into baseball at present. It's been a great year. Why spoil it. :D

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
I've been on record here for years rooting for the Colts. Ask Delmar. When my favorite qb left I wanted him to do well, as long as it wasn't against us. I married a Bama girl and I've been a life long Celtics fan...I won't go into baseball at present. It's been a great year. Why spoil it. :D

Well.....the Celtics will keep it from being a perfect year. :chuckle:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
So much for Cam Newton being a big time QB.
Cam had a great year with too many easy victories and he ran into that same wall. He was terrific against Seattle and Arizona though and his rating for the SB, while awful, was only one point lower than Brady's in the AFC Championship game.

Makes you wonder what will happen if they keep that group and give the kid a year behind the wheel.

Well.....the Celtics will keep it from being a perfect year. :chuckle:
I can live with it. :)

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
No, they are the only two.

I think Landry and Shula are the only other head coaches to have more than one QB start a Super Bowl for them.

Landry - Morton and Staubach

Shula - Morrall, Griese, Woodley, and Marino
And you could asterisk the Tuna, because it was an injury that handed Simms team to his understudy. Too bad. If Simms wins that he's in Canton.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Not as head coach though. :think: I wonder who has the most rings as both head coach and assistant?

Kubiak was in his 7th overall. The only one he was not is was the Orange Crush. Actually, I would need to check pro-reference.com to see that he backed up Elway for those first three blowouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.