Status
Not open for further replies.

davidgmcdowell

My name is David McDowell and I just joined this group and I am a little trepedacious because I have been beat up too many times on forums like this. I guess I'm just a sucker for punishment.

A little about me: 34 years old, married to a gorgeous redhead, and reside in Navarre, Ohio. I work as a temp in Canton, Ohio for a processed meat company.

I am a recent graduate of Ashland Theological Seminary in Ashland, Ohio with my Master of Arts in Relgion. Before that, I graduated with my Bachelor of Arts from William Tyndale College formerly located in Farmington Hills, Michigan. Before that, I was born and raised in Hickory, North Carolina.

I am a member at The Chapel in North Canton, Ohio, although my wife and I have been visiting True Hope Community Fellowship in Navarre, Ohio and are in the process of praying about joining.

As far as my theology goes, I prefer to avoid labels as much as possible, so I'll just let all of you figure that one out as time goes.

In Him,

David McDowell

Nang

TOL Subscriber
My name is David McDowell and I just joined this group and I am a little trepedacious because I have been beat up too many times on forums like this. I guess I'm just a sucker for punishment.

A little about me: 34 years old, married to a gorgeous redhead, and reside in Navarre, Ohio. I work as a temp in Canton, Ohio for a processed meat company.

I am a recent graduate of Ashland Theological Seminary in Ashland, Ohio with my Master of Arts in Relgion. Before that, I graduated with my Bachelor of Arts from William Tyndale College formerly located in Farmington Hills, Michigan. Before that, I was born and raised in Hickory, North Carolina.

I am a member at The Chapel in North Canton, Ohio, although my wife and I have been visiting True Hope Community Fellowship in Navarre, Ohio and are in the process of praying about joining.

As far as my theology goes, I prefer to avoid labels as much as possible, so I'll just let all of you figure that one out as time goes.

In Him,

David McDowell

Welcome, David.

Hopefully you will weather this forum, for it gets kinda rough once in a while. It is definitely the place to get a pulse on what is happening in Christendom these days.

I am of the Reformed faith, and not afraid to say so. :chuckle:

Nang

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
if you are not a Catholic, homosexual, Muslim, or one who believes in evolution

there is no reason to beat you up

Lovejoy

In Him,

David McDowell

Are you personal, good friends with Jon Reep then? It might save you a few beatings....

davidgmcdowell

Are you personal, good friends with Jon Reep then? It might save you a few beatings....

Unfortunately, I am not, but my parents live right next to the high school that he graduated from and while I am not sure about this, I think he was at a party that I was at one time WAY back in the day. His personality is so distinctive that it was either him or someone very much like him, and there aren't too many of those in "Hickry."

Bless his heart...he's a character!

elohiym

This feels like I am being baited.

How should I ask you direct questions to assess your theology without making you feel baited? :idunno:

Yes, I believe that Jesus Christ is...divine.

:thumb:

Some people who claim to be Christians on this forum claim that Jesus was not God. I like to know who those people are quickly since that changes everything when discussing the gospel.

davidgmcdowell

How should I ask you direct questions to assess your theology without making you feel baited? :idunno:

:thumb:

Some people who claim to be Christians on this forum claim that Jesus was not God. I like to know who those people are quickly since that changes everything when discussing the gospel.

Ask away. I'm just paranoid. And I understand what you mean. I believe in God the Father, God the Son (Jesus Christ), and God the Holy Spirit.

chickenman

a-atheist
Gold Subscriber
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Welcome to TOL, Dave! :wave:

If you're worried about getting beat up, you might consider looking up LetsArgue for a virtual cup of coffee. He's real good about making everyone feel comfortable and welcome, even if you disagree with him.

Have fun around here.

Randy :chicken:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
My name is David McDowell and I just joined this group and I am a little trepedacious
Ah :think: a dinosaur then....we don't get many of those. (shoot...just read Stripe)

Take two then: there's a lot of that going around, if incrementally.

because I have been beat up too many times on forums like this.
It helps if you don't show up the first day with new shoes and the jingle of lunch money.

I guess I'm just a sucker for punishment.
There's a word for that around here....liberal. :chuckle:

Then the occasional canned response won't bother you in the least. :thumb:

I am a recent graduate of Ashland Theological Seminary in Ashland, Ohio with my Master of Arts in Relgion. Before that, I graduated with my Bachelor of Arts from William Tyndale College formerly located in Farmington Hills, Michigan.
You sound...suspiciously artsy. :squint:

Before that, I was born and raised in Hickory, North Carolina.
From there to Ohio? Just as South Carolina always suspected then.

As far as my theology goes, I prefer to avoid labels as much as possible,
There's a word for that, you know. :poly:

so I'll just let all of you figure that one out as time goes.
One of the great things about this place is that if you don't declare yourself (and frequently when you do) someone is bound to come around and tell you your mind anyway. :eek:

Welcome! :e4e:

Status
Not open for further replies.