Newb......still not sure about this place.

PananThe

I was told to join by a friend, he kinda talked me into it, as I post on other sites. I've looked through the boards a bit and have to say that I don't like some of the name calling here, but it does appear there is some intelligent people, so I'll give it a shot.

I'm a pannandeist....at least that's the closest definition to my belief structure. Wikipedia exists so if you don't know what that is, feel free to check it out. Was raised protestant Christian, lost my faith around 13 and really haven't looked back. Christianity, predominantly the divinity of Christ and the miracles never spoke to me. The theory of the universe god does, god (or energy force) existing in a timeless infinitesimally small point, void of matter, only pure energy, then erupting into existence inventing time/space/matter. That speaks to me. I don't pretend to define god, as I don't believe a definition can be found, but I am happy, and I am very grateful for existing. I respect those who believe differently. But I do have issues with people who are closed minded and disrespectful towards others beliefs...don't pass judgement on my morality or my well being with the creator because of my belief structures.....there are righteous and terrible people claiming to be of all faiths or lack of faiths, realize that.

I like science, physics, cosmology, ect... I'm no PHD, so my knowledge is predominantly from journals and articles, I unfortunately don't have knowledge of the math behind it....also quite into history, predominantly American history and my belief structure is very in line with enlightenment thinkers.....no matter how many times I have to hear this nation was founded on Christian principals doesn't make the founding fathers any less deist, theist, agnostic, or atheist, there were almost no orthodox Christians in the whole bunch.

I'm also a centrist in political beliefs. I don't really buy into either ideology completely, I am very conservative on some issues, and liberal on others, but right now since the Dems are more centered, I'll call myself left of center. I also think that the situation, be it economic or social, effects what the right actions are, be it from conservative/libertarian or liberal/progressive thought processes.

keypurr

Welcome, stay and learn how folks here feel about God. You might find it interesting. I know what it is to lose faith, but I have gained it all back a hundred fold. But faith is faith not facts. My line of reason was passed when I heard about the prophecies of Daniel. You must find your own way friend, I respect that.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Thirteen? You barely have judgment centers at that point and no real life experience, but welcome aboard and I look forward to getting into your view on the process of apostasy at some point.

Welcome! :e4e:

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I don't like some of the name calling here...

You should definitely start a thread to complain about that. :plain:

And watch out for a poster called chickenman. He's the worst for going around calling people scurrilous names without good cause!

Welcome to TOL! :D

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I'm also a centrist in political beliefs. I don't really buy into either ideology completely, I am very conservative on some issues, and liberal on others, but right now since the Dems are more centered, I'll call myself left of center.

supporting the democrats in any way makes you a baby killer

Quincy

Hello pananthe! One thing about this forum is that it's not for the feint of heart, things can get a little rough but most people here will tell you it's for the better compared to an over moderated website where all it's members are cherry picked and it's not nearly as busy. Anyways, being a panendeist, you may like this thread we have and find some people in it that you will like talking with. I started it, I'm not really a deist, I just play one alternately but hope you find something you like here. AskADeist

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
hat_wave.gif
welcome-1.gif

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
supporting the democrats in any way makes you a baby killer
This is Chrys, or as most rationalists have come to know him: The King of Unintended Irony. :plain:

He voted for McCain, who supported limited abortion rights, as do most candidates from either side of the aisle, but he can't see it because he has a party plank in his eye. :idunno:

And the only union you'll ever see him support is a heterosexual marriage, provided it's founded on bringing more potential Republicans into the world.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
This is Chrys, or as most rationalists have come to know him: The King of Unintended Irony. :plain:

He voted for McCain, who supported limited abortion rights, as do most candidates from either side of the aisle, but he can't see it because he has a party plank in his eye. :idunno:

And the only union you'll ever see him support is a heterosexual marriage, provided it's founded on bringing more potential Republicans into the world.

spoken like a true baby killer

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Chrys is great at treading water because he lives in denial..

this is not true
I have shown how republicans give us conservative judges who will not find laws against abortion to be unconstitutional
and
I have shown how democrats block conservative judges to keep abortion legal

town heretic actually voted for someone who supported killing of a baby born alive during a partial birth abortion procedure