new person

michelleds

hi!

It always seems sort of awkward to introduce oneself in forums, but here I am. I'm a 46 year old woman in Kansas. I am an attorney who represents kids 0-18 who are removed from their homes because of abuse or neglect. A much smaller part of my practice is defending kids who get in trouble with the law. I work in a small town/rural area.

I'm a new foster mom. I've never had kids of my own and am struggling to find my way with my 14 month foster son. He was placed with me 3 weeks ago and seems to have been sick more often than not. He is a sweet, beautiful boy and I'm truly enjoying my time with him. But it's been a challenge going from single with no one to be responsible to or for to being a single mom overnight!

I'm an avid reader and love reading and discussing in several genres, including apologetics and theology. I am hoping to meet other people with similar interests.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Welcome. I'd enjoy talking with you. :)

I'm a mom myself, and I wish you all the best as you get to know your little one, and I'm thankful you're there for him.

PureX

hi!

It always seems sort of awkward to introduce oneself in forums, but here I am. I'm a 46 year old woman in Kansas. I am an attorney who represents kids 0-18 who are removed from their homes because of abuse or neglect. A much smaller part of my practice is defending kids who get in trouble with the law. I work in a small town/rural area.

I'm a new foster mom. I've never had kids of my own and am struggling to find my way with my 14 month foster son. He was placed with me 3 weeks ago and seems to have been sick more often than not. He is a sweet, beautiful boy and I'm truly enjoying my time with him. But it's been a challenge going from single with no one to be responsible to or for to being a single mom overnight!

I'm an avid reader and love reading and discussing in several genres, including apologetics and theology. I am hoping to meet other people with similar interests.
I don't think anyone is ever really ready for the responsibility of a child, when it happens. But we all seem to survive the shock, and work our way though it as we go.

Welcome, and I look forward to an exchange if ideas.

oatmeal

hi!

love and truth is the answer

bybee

hi!

Welcome. Motherhood is a 24/7 proposition. Considering the time requirements of your professional life you may wish to hire a nanny?

Totton Linnet

Silver Subscriber
hi!

Howdy :)

You might look up Town Heretic....he's a very personable kind of fella.

michelleds

thanks for the warm welcome everyone!

Bybee--my job is basically a civil servant position, no funds for a nanny! Fortunately, because my boy is in state's custody, daycare is a covered expense.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
hi!

So you're knee deep in guardian ad litem quandaries. I can relate, having spent the first few years of my professional life knee deep in VAWA representation. Welcome aboard. There's a little bit of anything to be had here. A lot of people willing to discuss almost anything of interest...and no shortage of laymen more than willing to lecture you on the law. :eek:

As for your child...that's a time consuming age. I couldn't wait for my Jack (now three) to be capable of telling me why and what when it came to crying... It gets easier, but not for a while yet. Both of you will adjust and before you know it the routine will be second nature. Give it another year or so and you'll be missing some of the "bird" stage.

In the short run it's a bit like law school in year one.

Here's hoping you find it interesting enough to knock about the place from time to time. :cheers:

hi!

Welcome and enjoy your stay.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Welcome-3.png

keypurr

hi!

Welcome to TOL.

You sound like a great person. Bless you in your work.