New pentecostal anointment: Brazilian preacher spits in faithful's mouth

Christiano

A YouTube video has caused controversy in Brazil, especially among evangelicals. In the video, during worship, th preacher says a prayer, drinks some water and, then, he spits at a faithful's mouth. Then he throws water on the same guy, who then faints and fall to the floor. The purpose would be curing the faithful of an unidentified disease. Watch the video bellow:

New Pentecostal Anointment

Danoh

A YouTube video has caused controversy in Brazil, especially among evangelicals. In the video, during worship, th preacher says a prayer, drinks some water and, then, he spits at a faithful's mouth. Then he throws water on the same guy, who then faints and fall to the floor. The purpose would be curing the faithful of an unidentified disease. Watch the video bellow:

The words on that screen shot are Portuguese and would be the dynamic equivalent "Is there no limit to the ignorance of our species?"

Lol, of course Tetelestai comes to mind :rotfl:

Danoh

Though the guy is an obvious charlatan, there is also the issue of local cultural practices and the beliefs they are based on that are then injected into such a context: this where such a thing would be acceptable.

They are taking the guy to be a holy man.

John9:

6. When he had thus spoken, he spat on the ground, and made clay of the spittle, and he anointed the eyes of the blind man with the clay,
7. And said unto him, Go, wash in the pool of Siloam, (which is by interpretation, Sent.) He went his way therefore, and washed, and came seeing.

This Charming Manc

Not my cup of tea either.

But if you were a contemporary of Jesus would you of called him sickening too?

hung round with sinners
ignored Sabbath laws
ignored food laws
criticized the righteous pharisees
forgave sinner sins
spat in the mud and used it to heal people (on the Sabbath)

I have no view on this guy one way or the other and have seen enough charlatans to know they exist, but I think often Jesus would offend us also.

Sickening

musterion

Not my cup of tea either.

But if you were a contemporary of Jesus would you of called him sickening too?

hung round with sinners
ignored Sabbath laws
ignored food laws
criticized the righteous pharisees
forgave sinner sins
spat in the mud and used it to heal people (on the Sabbath)

I have no view on this guy one way or the other and have seen enough charlatans to know they exist, but I think often Jesus would offend us also.

His miracles self-authenticated instantly. No pentecostal's ever do.

intojoy

BANNED
Banned

Lmbo

Puppet

BANNED
Banned
What's the difference in this and the Catholic communion where everyone drinks out for the same cup? Who rather have one guy spit in the mouth over the same cup shared among hundreds of people?