New moon = new month. Definition??

iouae

Mark 14:12 Contradicts that they were eating the Passover. If it was still the same day they kill the Passover then they were not eating the Passover meal since that starts at the twilight on the 14/15th. This would have been the preparation day which is document elsewhere.

Was Luke 22:15 really the passover meal or just a last supper during the preparation day? It is entirely possible the Jews at this was a passover meal. The Jewish leaders were quite wrong at this time as Jesus points out but it seems like the apostles who had the Holy Spirit would correct this and point this out. Also it is my belief God does everything to his time table and does not stray. If Jesus is the Passover lamb then he would have been killed at the same time the other lambs were sent to slaughter.

Passover lambs were prepared and killed on the evening of 14th at 3pm. So technically that is the same "day" as the first day of the Passover. All the work was done before the annual Sabbath of the 15th.

Thus I have no problem with Mark 14:12. 6 scriptures say it WAS the passover

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
It says so 4 times that they were eating the Passover.

So you presume this is the Mosaic Passover but scripture does not say that. The Mosaic Passover was observed the next day at night.

Then they led Jesus from Caiaphas to the Praetorium and it was early morning. But they themselves did not go into the Praetorium lest they should be defiled, but that they might eat the Passover. (John 18:28 NKJV)​

The Jews observed the Passover the next night but by then Jesus was dead.

achduke

Passover lambs were prepared and killed on the evening of 14th at 3pm. So technically that is the same "day" as the first day of the Passover. All the work was done before the annual Sabbath of the 15th.

Thus I have no problem with Mark 14:12. 6 scriptures say it WAS the passover

Yes but would that mean he was eating the passover the evening before which would have been the start of the 14th? Who would have slaughtered the lamb? Which priest would have slaughtered the lamb for them and who would have collected the blood for this last supper passover?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

The Passover animals were killed and prepared to be eaten that night. The 15th began at sundown and the Passover was eaten on the 15th.

Jesus had to institute the NT Passover the previous night because he would be in his tomb at the time the Passover was eaten.

iouae

The Passover animals were killed and prepared to be eaten that night. The 15th began at sundown and the Passover was eaten on the 15th.

Jesus had to institute the NT Passover the previous night because he would be in his tomb at the time the Passover was eaten.

Or there was a calendar discrepancy.
The Bible does not tell us how to tell the start of a month.

Or the Jews kept passover on end 14-beginning 15th and Christ kept Passover on the Full moon - which Ps 81:3 says in the Heb for "appointed time".

I am convinced both groups believed they were keeping the right day, and both were convinced they were keeping the Passover.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Or there was a calendar discrepancy.
The Bible does not tell us how to tell the start of a month.

I like to keep things simple so I just look at a calendar to see when Passover is for that year.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Or the Jews kept passover on end 14-beginning 15th and Christ kept Passover on the Full moon - which Ps 81:3 says in the Heb for "appointed time".

I am convinced both groups believed they were keeping the right day, and both were convinced they were keeping the Passover.

God specified the 15th.

And on the fifteenth day of the same month is the Feast of Unleavened Bread to the LORD; seven days you must eat unleavened bread. (Leviticus 23:6 NKJV)​

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

In 30 CE the full moon was on a Thursday.

(usno.navy.mil/astronomical applications> data services> Spring Phenomena 25 BCE to 38 CE)

iouae

Many smaller Christian groups keep the Lev 23 Feasts.

And the moment they leave the Jewish calendar and try to figure a calendar out for themselves sola scriptura, they get into a world of hurt, because the Bible does not even specify clearly how to determine the beginning of a month, or even of the year. And these things have to be known to keep Feasts.

So all the little groups end up keeping Feasts on slightly different days.

iouae

For the same reason as stated above, I can understand that the Jewish calendar may have been wrong at the time Christ was crucified.

I believe Christ got the date for Passover right. Maybe even it was determined by God that the Jews would be a day late so that Christ could EAT THE PASSOVER and also the next day BE THE PASSOVER LAMB.

By the way, eating and being all occurred on the same day, viz. sunset to sunset. That day WAS the Passover.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
Many smaller Christian groups keep the Lev 23 Feasts.

That's too bad. The Leviticus 23 feasts are God's feasts and he did not give them to Gentiles.

They are holy and we should keep hands off.

iouae

That's too bad. The Leviticus 23 feasts are God's feasts and he did not give them to Gentiles.

They are holy and we should keep hands off.

Why in the Millennium are gentile nations FORCED to keep God's feasts if they are not for all?

Zech 14

16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

17 And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.

daqq

Why in the Millennium are gentile nations FORCED to keep God's feasts if they are not for all?

Zech 14

16 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

17 And it shall be, that whoso will not come up of all the families of the earth unto Jerusalem to worship the King, the Lord of hosts, even upon them shall be no rain.

That is not in some "future millennium" but rather right now. However, as I tried to explain in the food thread, carnivores and blood eaters simply cannot understand any of these things. :chuckle:

iouae

That is not in some "future millennium" but rather right now. However, as I tried to explain in the food thread, carnivores and blood eaters simply cannot understand any of these things. :chuckle:

Please enlighten this omnivore - are you referring to visitors from all nations going to Jerusalem to keep Tabernacles - and if they don't, their home nations get a drought?

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER

The King will will be a light to the Gentiles.

A light to bring revelation to the Gentiles and the glory of Your people Israel. (Luke 2:32 NKJV)​

iouae

The King will will be a light to the Gentiles.

A light to bring revelation to the Gentiles and the glory of Your people Israel. (Luke 2:32 NKJV)​

Is Zech 14:16 not literal?

My rule - take it at its literal meaning, unless impossible.
Going up to Jerusalem to keep the Feast with Christ, sounds possible and wonderful.

jamie

LIFETIME MEMBER
My rule - take it at its literal meaning, unless impossible.
Going up to Jerusalem to keep the Feast with Christ, sounds possible and wonderful.

Yes, the Law has been changed.

For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law. (Hebrews 7:12 NKJV)​

iouae

Yes, the Law has been changed.

For the priesthood being changed, of necessity there is also a change of the law. (Hebrews 7:12 NKJV)​

Do you believe Christ will rule on earth during the Millennium?

iouae

Of course. And we will be kings and priests and we shall reign on the earth (Revelation 5:10).

Hallelujah.

So skim through Zech 14 and tell me which bits are not describing soon after His return, and which are not literal.