New International PerVersion

Squeaky

BANNED
Banned
1 Tim 4:1-2

1 Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons,
2 speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron,
(NKJ)

Col 2:20-23
20 Therefore, if you died with Christ from the basic principles of the world, why, as though living in the world, do you subject yourselves to regulations--
21 "Do not touch, do not taste, do not handle,"
22 which all concern things which perish with the using-- according to the commandments and doctrines of men?
23 These things indeed have an appearance of wisdom in self-imposed religion, false humility, and neglect of the body, but are of no value against the indulgence of the flesh.
(NKJ)

intojoy

BANNED
Banned
Many of the people on the translation committee of the NIV are replacement theologians and they've paraphrased their theology into the text rather than translating.

Posted from the TOL App!

Truster

1 Tim 4:1-2

1 Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons,
2 speaking lies in hypocrisy, having their own conscience seared with a hot iron,
(NKJ)

Col 2:20-23
20 Therefore, if you died with Christ from the basic principles of the world, why, as though living in the world, do you subject yourselves to regulations--
21 "Do not touch, do not taste, do not handle,"
22 which all concern things which perish with the using-- according to the commandments and doctrines of men?
23 These things indeed have an appearance of wisdom in self-imposed religion, false humility, and neglect of the body, but are of no value against the indulgence of the flesh.
(NKJ)

Are you making an attempt at being spiritual? Because what you have posted bears no identifying relationship to a discussion on Bible translations. If there isn't a rule on cutting and pasting unrelated scriptures then there should be one.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Are you making an attempt at being spiritual? Because what you have posted bears no identifying relationship to a discussion on Bible translations. If there isn't a rule on cutting and pasting unrelated scriptures then there should be one.

it's his software that does it

Jerry Shugart

I'm not sure if this post is meant to be enlightening or funny. It has failed in both….?

Of course it failed because it was a take-off on your failed attempt at humor when you said:

KJB...Russian spies!

What's the matter? Why do you not even attempt to defend the mis-translation found in the KJB which teaches that God will break His promises?

Or perhaps you think that God will indeed break His promises?

Truster

Many of the people on the translation committee of the NIV are replacement theologians and they've paraphrased their theology into the text rather than translating.

Posted from the TOL App!

It never pretended to be a translation it was simply a paraphrase and not a very good or accurate one. They have caused problems for translations or paraphrase into other languages. I was doing some work yesterday and checking out some verses in 32 different language translations. I found the same mistakes from the NIV in the Somali and the Swahili Bibles. NIV Matthew 27:46 Gives Eloy, Eloy instead of Eli, Eli and the same mistakes have been transferred.

Truster

Of course it failed because it was a take-off on your failed attempt at humor when you said:

What's the matter? Why do you not even attempt to defend the mis-translation found in the KJB which teaches that God will break His promises?

Or perhaps you think that God will indeed break His promises?

I think you'll find, no wait, I'm sure you'll find my answer in post 20 if you can stop flying off the handle long enough to read it.

Jabin

Intolies has weighed in, now we know the Devil's two-cents on the topic.

Liar, support your claim that most of the NIV translators are "replacement" theologians. The irony of your lie is that the new NIV is one of the most pro-jewish translations around... which is the real reason Christians should avoid it.

Jabin

At least the NIV does not teach that the Lord will break His promises, as does the KJB:

"After the number of the days in which ye searched the land, even forty days, each day for a year, shall ye bear your iniquities, even forty years, and ye shall know my breach of promise" (Num.14:34; KJV).​

The NIV does not make that error:

"For forty years—one year for each of the forty days you explored the land—you will suffer for your sins and know what it is like to have me against you’ " (Num.14:34; NIV).​

I doubt this is an error made by the KJV translators. More likely, the meaning of the language has changed since 1611, and that the NIV and KJV mean essentially the same thing. But, the end result is the same, the modern reader reads something that isn't correct.

Truster

I doubt this is an error made by the KJV translators. More likely, the meaning of the language has changed since 1611, and that the NIV and KJV mean essentially the same thing. But, the end result is the same, the modern reader reads something that isn't correct.

Jabin I hate to be the one to break this to you, but the KJV is not truly accurate. One of the reasons is it was translated to be read in the churches and because of that it had to flow verbally when read aloud. One of the things they did was to add auxiliary verbs and impose a past or future tense to verses that were present tense.They mixed up ''in, by, on and of'' in many verses. Great care was not taken to be true and accurate where poetic licence was being taken. Their worse offence was not to transliterate the Names and Titles of Deity.

James Strong said this, ''all translators are traitors'' and he was correct, because there were often no corresponding words in the target language. Shakespeare was of great assistance because he added thousands of words to the English language and they were used by the translators.

The only accurate scriptures are those which were originally given.