New International PerVersion

StanJ

Please explain why a text like Sinnaiticus is superior to the TR. There is one copy of Sinnaiticus. There are many copies of the TR. If every copy of the TR says one thing and Codex Sinnaiticus says another, why should I trust the one off text? The critical texts are joke translated by apostates. No thanks. Keep the HIV if you want but I would throw it in the trash.

I don't need to explain anything.....it's already decided by credentialed scholars. Unless you can demonstrate you have equal or superior credentials, you offer NO credulity whatsoever.

CabinetMaker

Member of the 10 year club on TOL!!
Hall of Fame
So Solomon had 40 thousands stalls for horses for his chariots. 4 thousand were used to hold horses AND chariots. There is no contradiction. I'll make a full thread to answer your pretend errors from the KJV when time allows. Throw away the HIV though. It was translated by unbelievers and homosexuals
That is not what the KJV says at all. What you just did is called rationalization. It is an attempt on your part to gloss over an obvious contradiction in the KJV.

Daniel1611

I don't need to explain anything.....it's already decided by credentialed scholars. Unless you can demonstrate you have equal or superior credentials, you offer NO credulity whatsoever.

Ooooh so scholars say its better. Read Translators Revisited if you want to read about scholars.

Mocking You

If each commanded a chariot team, which they would have, then yes. A chariot team uses multiple horses and drivers. Gosh, the NIV must've dumbed its readers down.

Chariot teams typically consisted of two or four horses. So 4,000 chariots could use 16,000 horses, max. Yet the KJV says there were 40,000 horses. Hmmm...

Personal attack with noted.

Daniel1611

Chariot teams typically consisted of two or four horses. So 4,000 chariots could use 16,000 horses, max. Yet the KJV says there were 40,000 horses. Hmmm...

Personal attack with noted.

He had more horses than chariots. You have to change horses because the horses get tired. I doubt a king like Solomon had just enough horses. He probably had an excess. Or maybe not all of the horses were for chariots. He probably used some for other things. I.E. some were for chariots, some were for messengers, some did other work. I dont know for sure because it doesn't say, but for something to be a contradiction, you have 2 have two statements that cannot both be true. Saying he had 40,000 horses and 4 thousand stalks for horses and chariots leaves far too many possibilities to say its not true.

Daniel1611

Again your layman's opinion of scholars carries NO weight at all, and posting a non-existent title just confirms your lack of credibility.

I couldn't care less about what scholars say. Many scholars say there is no God at all. Scholars mean nothing to me. All one needs is the Holy Spirit and the Bible. I don't need Christ denying scholars like Darby to tell me about the Bible.

StanJ

I couldn't care less about what scholars say. Many scholars say there is no God at all. Scholars mean nothing to me. All one needs is the Holy Spirit and the Bible. I don't need Christ denying scholars like Darby to tell me about the Bible.

another example of just how LITTLE you really know. Go troll somewhere else.

Daniel1611

Just as soon as you provide one that shows it isn't. You started with the opining so don't expect anything different from me.

So you dont have any reasons why one off texts found in a garbage can are better than one that was copied thousands of times, handed down over millennia and translated to English by the most brilliant Christians of their day. Noted.

Mocking You

So you dont have any reasons why one off texts found in a garbage can are better than one that was copied thousands of times, handed down over millennia and translated to English by the most brilliant Christians of their day. Noted.

Found in a garbage can? Really, that old chestnut? But let's say it was. Let's say it went unread for centuries (that's how the story goes, anyway.) One could argue that is how God preserved his word. Uncopied, untouched, just waiting to be brought out into the light of day in the 19th century.

The Critical Text is better because it is older and therefore more closer to the original documents, precisely because it hasn't been copied thousands of times.

Furthermore, every time the text is copied you have the possibility of introducing copyist errors. Or you get copyists that act like amateur Bible editors and insert words that weren't in the original texts.

Daniel1611

Found in a garbage can? Really, that old chestnut? But let's say it was. Let's say it went unread for centuries (that's how the story goes, anyway.) One could argue that is how God preserved his word. Uncopied, untouched, just waiting to be brought out into the light of day in the 19th century.

The Critical Text is better because it is older and therefore more closer to the original documents, precisely because it hasn't been copied thousands of times.

Furthermore, every time the text is copied you have the possibility of introducing copyist errors. Or you get copyists that act like amateur Bible editors and insert words that weren't in the original texts.

If I wrote down a recipe for my home made chicken soup and thousands of copies existed that were all the same, and there was one that disagreed, would you say the one off is correct,? The differences in copies of the TR are all superficial. They all say one thing then the critical text, a one off, says something different. Which one should I accept? The answer is obvious

Mocking You

He was the major early supporter of the critical text.

Darby died in 1882; Westcott and Hort's New Testament came out in 1881. How much of it could he have read?

Or are you saying that Darby had access to Tischendorf's New Testament, which was kept in St. Petersburg, Russia?

Mocking You

If I wrote down a recipe for my home made chicken soup and thousands of copies existed that were all the same, and there was one that disagreed, would you say the one off is correct,?

That's a false choice. I'd say that all copies were accurate copies of the original. It says nothing about the accuracy of the original, just that the copies were faithful reproductions of it.

The differences in copies of the TR are all superficial. They all say one thing then the critical text, a one off, says something different. Which one should I accept? The answer is obvious.

It's not obvious because the most learned Bible scholars don't agree with you. Oh, that's right--you have no use for them.